PDA

View Full Version : A question for the ladies if you can help me?

bundyburger
01-13-2003, 02:28 AM
Ok ladies, I have a problem.
I\'m interested in a girl. And just when I get the balls to make the first move I find out that her \'best friend\' has been raving about me, even so much as gotten the message accross loud and clear(through friends) what she wants to do with me. The best friend is quite attractive and nice but I\'m not interested in her. I\'m interested in the other one. I\'ve come accross this situation so many times it\'s like my life story or something. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif LOL

This would be about the sixth time this has happened with a girl I \'really really\' like. And a few times I was sure that the girl I wanted liked me too but the best friend called \'shotgun\' or whatever before hand.
In the past I\'ve handled this by just forgetting both girls and moving on. Well, trying my best to anyway. Wouldn\'t touch with a 10 foot pole.

What I want to know is, is there any other way to handle this so that I can pursue my primary interest?

Or is this always going to end up a stalemate?

I don\'t know what dynamics happen behind the scene here. The last thing I want is trouble between two friends.

Lucky
01-13-2003, 05:45 AM
You can\'t hurt their friendship, that\'s their responsibility. I seriously doubt you are the first guy that Shotgun has railroaded from her friend (the girl you like). GYL might be relieved to have an excuse to get rid of Shotgun.

What would happen if you, privately, told the GYL exactly what you just told us?

<would be about the sixth time this has happened with a girl>
And, yes, you need to start going for it.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-13-2003, 06:03 AM
If Shotgun\'s a \"gentleman,\" and GYL likes you back, Shotgun\'s gonna have to suck it up and find her own guy. If her jealousy gets the better of her and she loses her girlfriend over a guy, she needs to wise up anyway.

Wolfe
01-13-2003, 06:06 AM
ask her to have a threesome

Elana
01-13-2003, 06:22 AM
Just make sure that the other guy you bring is really hot!

Wolfe
01-13-2003, 06:25 AM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

bundyburger
01-13-2003, 04:33 PM
LOL @ Elana

She isn\'t called \'Shotgun\' ...a girl with that name, I\'m thinking, wouldn\'t receive my attention at all. LOL

In australia we play a game for who gets the front passenger seat in the car.

The Rules:

#1 - The first person to call out \'SHOTGUN!\' gets the front seat (The seat the guy with the gun would take when out hunting.)

#2 - You can\'t call \'shotgun\' until the car is within eye site.

#3 - There are no rules... hehehe

It\'s used a lot when you\'re out with a lot of friends. It\'ll just come up all of a sudden. All of a sudden someone will call \'shotgun\' as your heading out of the theatre/cinema or something. Of course all of the rules are then out the door and everyone runs to try and beat them to the seat anyway. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif But it holds a lot of \'sway\' most of the time the person who called \'shotgun\' will be given the seat out of respect (or something)

When I said it I wasn\'t sure wether it was an Aussie thing only or what.

Thanks for all the advice people. It helps me a bit. I think I will call the girl I like this time. When I get the courage up. ...Wish me luck!

Gerund
01-13-2003, 08:13 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------
She isn\'t called \'Shotgun\' ...a girl with that name, I\'m thinking, wouldn\'t receive my attention at all. LOL
-----------------------------------------------------------------

How \'bout if her name was \"Blowgun?\" hehe Would you give her any attention, then? /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Gerund
01-13-2003, 08:14 PM
<sigh>

One of these days, I\'m going to be good for 24 hours straight!

bundyburger
01-13-2003, 09:01 PM
\"Blowgun\"? Yeah...but you could name your great dane \"Blowgun\" instead of Rover too. Wouldn\'t exactly be the deciding factor, would it?? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

But if it was a cute women with that name and she was good for 24-hours straight too, then I might give it serious thought. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

seadove
01-13-2003, 11:47 PM
< She isn\'t called \'Shotgun\' ...a girl with that name, I\'m thinking, wouldn\'t receive my attention at all. LOL

In australia we play a game for who gets the front passenger seat in the car. >

No, I think I WOULD go out with a girl by the name of \"SHOTGUN\".

And if I would be first to get into the front seat of a car I would put her on my lap.Don\'t you think?

/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

bundyburger
01-14-2003, 06:30 AM
Yeah ...it\'s weird...it could be because I\'m tired now or something, but you know what?? I think that name is growing on me! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif \'Shotgun\' certainly isn\'t in the same class as \'Mad Dog\' would be. lol
I never say no to a lady sitting on my lap. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif