PDA

View Full Version : What is ICQ

EXIT63
01-11-2003, 08:27 PM
Excuse my ignorance. I\'m too lazy to google tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

Thanx

upsidedown
01-11-2003, 08:31 PM
ICQ is a sort of Internet instant messaging type program. It may have been the very first one. I didn\'t use it much at all, and it\'s been so long since I\'ve used it, I can\'t really remember what all its characteristics were....but I believe it\'s essentially similar to the other IM programs.

franki
01-11-2003, 08:39 PM
If you use ICQ, you are usually very much into computers and the internet. If not, you use Yahoo Messenger (like me) or AIM or no chat program at all. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

franki
01-11-2003, 08:43 PM
In some places (on the web) you are being laughed at if you don\'t have ICQ, or when you don\'t have a SHORT ICQ number .......

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

upsidedown
01-11-2003, 08:52 PM
I just went over to check it out after it was brought up in this thread. From looking at the graphics on their download site, it appears to essentially be the same as the other IM programs. I\'m not sure why it would be the computer geeks\' program of choice. So, what makes it the ultimate program for the hardcore internet crowd? I\'m guessing it\'s because it was the first, and the hardcore internet users were some of the first to use it, and the newbies who came along to AOL and all started using the more user friendly versions?

I\'ve noticed someone on here..I\'m pretty sure it\'s Abductor...who lists an ICQ number when he\'s online and in his profile.

Wolfe
01-11-2003, 11:59 PM
i had a ICQ # of 12768 as my 1st #, i quit using it, it\'s to easy to hack into.( and i kept it updated to new versions)

krtel
01-12-2003, 11:20 AM
It\'s like Instant Messaging. Hence ICQ - \"I Seek You\". /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

- Krish