Good?
Bad ?
SoSo?
Miracle youth drug?
Waste of money?

Thanx

Bruce
01-11-2003, 03:17 PM
HGH when injected by somebody who knows what the heck they are doing has been shown to have fantastic results for seniors, and probably body builders as well. I don\'t think there is any doubt about that, but the big question is what about these $100. a bottle, over the counter HGH sprays? I have spent quite a bit of money on them and I couldn\'t really tell you if they work or not. They seem to have an effect for the first month or two and then nothing, so maybe they do work but you have to reckon with the same issues that the andro and steroid users are up against; meaning you have to cycle off of them and stay off of them probably for as long as you were on them. It has been shown in practise by thousands of steroid and prohormone users that results are obviously there, but will dwindle and come to a complete halt if treatment is continued more than a couple of months without a break.

I have also used IGF-1 and deer antler sprays and even homeopathic formulas which claim to stimulate natural HGH production. Same story: they seem to work for a while, but I have always continued on daily for months and ended up disappointed.

Bruce

Lucky
01-11-2003, 03:50 PM
Bruce,
My understand is that HGH has to be injected in order to be effective. The sprays do not work....

Bruce
01-11-2003, 04:18 PM
I wouldn\'t be surprised if that turned out to be the case.
Bruce

upsidedown
01-11-2003, 04:34 PM
That\'s my suspicion as well. Not sure the over the counter kinds really work. I tried some HGH pills about a year ago, but found after a couple of weeks it seemd to cause me to get this huge lump in my throat...like something was stuck in there. I don\'t know if the HGH caused my thyroid to enlarge or what. So, I gave it a rest, the lump got better, then I tried it again and the lump came back. So, I ended up dropping the HGH experiment altogether.

I don\'t know if all brands of HGH would cause me to react that way, or if it was only a certain ingredient in this brand that caused me problems. But, I haven\'t felt like spending any more money to try another brand. Just didn\'t seem worth it to me.

Lucky
01-11-2003, 05:03 PM
hGh is basically a protein and the body would digest it rather than absorb it if administered orally, the breakdown into amino acids would render the hGH ineffective.

upsidedown
01-11-2003, 05:08 PM
Well, the oral kind I took is not actually HGH. My understanding of all the marketing hype on all the oral HGH products is that the ingredients are supposed to prompt your body to produce more of your own natural HGH.

Lucky
01-11-2003, 06:03 PM
That makes sense. There\'s a guy in Mexico that will ship the injectables at a fraction of the US cost.

xvs
02-01-2003, 04:55 AM
HGH must be taken by injection and also must be kept refrigerated at all times.

So anything you find that claims to be HGH spray or HGH pills or whatever... isn\'t.

There are substances which can increase the body\'s own HGH production, called secretagogues.

There are some problems associated with HGH supplementation, however, and these include: hypertension, carpal tunnel syndrome, enlarged breasts (in men), swelling of the extremities or face, abnormal bone growth, etc.

On the other hand, at low doses it seems to work.

MadMaxx
02-05-2003, 09:34 PM
Most of the products I have looked at make it quite clear that you are not actually buying HGH, but rather something which is a precursor to its production. As for Bruce mentioning that he took the stuff for months and it was not effective, that is not a surprise. Did the people you bought it from not give you any directions for how to use it? I recently bought some and it was make quite clear how one should use it. Something like once a day for a month, 5 days a week for the next month, and then go off completely for at least one month.