PDA

View Full Version : SHOULD I SHUT UP MORE COMMENTS PLEASE

Watcher
01-11-2003, 01:55 AM
should be self explantory, given recent flamings should i shut up and go back to lurk mode more often.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-11-2003, 02:08 AM
Hey mon,

Shouldn\'t let any a-holes or any disagreements keep you from enriching the forums.
I don\'t really know you that well yet, I\'ve been absent too long, but from what I\'ve seen, all your postings have been mostly very informative and/or helpful.
And plus, as a new Brisbane-r (Brisbonian? Brisbanite?) I wouldn\'t want a city-mate goin\'! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Keep postin\'!

-T.O-

Bruce
01-11-2003, 03:48 AM
Watcher,
Naaaah, you are fine. I think a lot of folks are licking their wounds right now from some of the scrapping that has been going on. I would just stay out of those threads. I will do my part to keep them in the Off Topic area. Not to worry.

Unfortunately, I have to move your thread down there too. :-(

Bruce

DrSmellThis
01-11-2003, 03:50 AM
I commented already.

I just think some people are frustrated, as you are obviously intelligent, and have total control over how you post. You are a big presence here, and what you have to say is important.

Does it have to be black or white? I wouldn\'t like to see you get rid of all your idiosyncracies, but I think you are mature enough and respect yourself enough to handle slowing down to revise your posts before posting. I know I really have to -- oscar, whitehall, JB, irish, bassman, and everyone has to as well -- to maintain the \"quality\" of our posts; and to appear more mature than we really are...

BUTTMUNCH!

See? That\'s what would happen... /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

EXIT63
01-11-2003, 06:10 AM
\"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals.
Then something happened that unleashed the power of our imaginations.
We learned to talk\".

vocals: Stephen Hawking
lyrics: David Gilmour

Elana
01-11-2003, 07:16 AM
Watcher- Since when are you concerned with what other people think? Do whatever you like.

belgareth
01-11-2003, 07:21 AM
Watcher:

There are many points you and I disagree on. I ask that you continue to post them. We all have points of view that others will disagree with but that does not give anybody the right to stifle them.

Please stay on the forum and continue to post. It\'s good for all of us to hear opposing points of view. We may even learn something!

**DONOTDELETE**
01-11-2003, 10:03 AM
Watcher, what would we do without you? I only ask for one thing. Say something positive about women sometimes. Even just once. I\'d like that a lot, just for the change. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Whitehall
01-11-2003, 12:45 PM
The hardest thing for anyone involved in creative expression - whether writing, photography, whatever - is self-editing. I think you should work on this part of your web-presence.

Frankly, I usually just skip over your posts because they lack that polish. That makes them a waste of time since I can seldom understand them and I expect that the signal-to-noise ratio will be low. It\'s like listening to a radio station with a lot of static.

krtel
01-11-2003, 01:26 PM
No dude, a lot of people have respect for you here, I know that I certainly do. I\'ve learned a lot from your postings.

- Krish

Bruce
01-11-2003, 01:45 PM
Watcher,
Whitehall is a very perceptive guy and there is a lot of truth in what he said. On the other hand though, you are all heart and as loyal a forum member and customer as I ever hope to run into. OK, I don\'t read all your posts either. Admitedly I am biased, but you are sort of family around here. What\'s that they said in the movie?? \"Family means nobody gets left behind.\" Love ya buddy. Now would you put your hat back on the hook and pull up a chair?
Bruce

druid
01-11-2003, 03:24 PM
i think you should keep postin. But if I can make a request an occasional punction mark might help /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif And FTR I don\'t think watcher hates women -- just that he draws these conclusions and generalizations (and doesn\'t mention that he is doing this) and it might look like he hates women but I don\'t think that is the case.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-11-2003, 04:01 PM
Sometimes he writes like he hates women. Watcher, don\'t you? Watcher? answer me and then I\'ll write and ask you another question so you can answer that. How many posts away from Carpal Tunnel are you now? Nearly there? Are we there yet? /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

seadove
01-12-2003, 12:02 AM
No Watcher
Don\'t shut up.
But \"listen\" every now and then.

/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

upsidedown
01-12-2003, 01:57 PM
Nah, don\'t drop out Watcher. Stick around and keep posting. We\'re like family here....a very large disfunctional family at times with the occasional crazy uncle here and there.....but we\'re still family. We have our fights, but we don\'t want to kick anybody out. The place wouldn\'t be the same without you.

krtel
01-12-2003, 05:40 PM
Does this mean I get to be the baby of the family? lol.

- Krish

upsidedown
01-12-2003, 06:06 PM
>>Does this mean I get to be the baby of the family? lol. <<

Well, I think there\'s a couple of guys on here younger than you...so that won\'t work. I guess that makes you one of those \"middle\' children. Ouch, sorry man, that\'s tough. Been there, done that.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-12-2003, 08:13 PM
Krish, you can be my baby, how\'s that?

Irish
01-13-2003, 06:55 AM
Never shut up brother! You were the first poster I read when I got to this forum! Hope you stick around - speak your mind no matter what anyone thinks. If people don\'t like your style, well, lots don\'t like mine either. There\'s nothing fake about your posts, and any forum needs that.

Freedom of speech means just that - stay free, and I hope to see you speaking away on the forum.

Watcher
01-13-2003, 02:13 PM
Well if they dont like my style they soon tell me, i wasnt being serious with this thread just wanted to what everyone thought on recent events, thanks for the support though.

Just had a couple of days holidaying up the coast, chilling out.
Freedom of speech is the thing that keeps our society together and at least i keep the forum here ticking over when all others fall silent.

krtel
01-13-2003, 05:40 PM
YaY! lol. That\'ll work. *grin*

- Krish

Bruce
01-13-2003, 06:30 PM
What!!!?! You weren\'t being serious? Here we are spilling our guts for you, and you \"weren\'t serious\"? Now that takes the cake. And you didn\'t even proof read your post. OK, I take back all the nice things I said.
Bruce

upsidedown
01-13-2003, 06:50 PM
I feel dirty....like I\'ve been USED! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

bundyburger
01-13-2003, 06:55 PM
Watcher,
Keep posting. It is good to have someone posting when the good \'ol USA is asleep. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif
But, what you just said then is the definition of when you make a small mistake...

\" i wasnt being serious with this thread just wanted to what everyone thought on recent events, thanks for the support though.\"

Personally I don\'t think you meant bad, but you write something like that which can be missunderstood REALLY easily.
I\'ve read something like that from you before. Just play it cool. The others here have just said all this stuff and you shoot them down and say \"who cares\", basically. When I\'m sure you were happy to read them. Get it??

Your posts are almost always informative and you provide answers to newbies like me so that we don\'t have to search through LOTS of posts to find it. And your \'survey\' style questions you post sometimes are valid sometimes too I think.

I\'m open minded on you mate. And have always taken your comments like the above as just \'mistakes\'. Just self-edit yourself a bit more. Not much. Just a little bit more. Email, Forums, chat etc are wide open to missunderstandings because of the lack of visual clues (body language, tone of voice etc) Beleive me. I lost a best friend because of this type of thing.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-13-2003, 07:05 PM
Watcher\'s a Leo, he can\'t get enough attention. Every once in awhile, he needs us to pour it on him, more, more, more, so he can bask.

We love you Watcher, yes we do.

You\'re the first person I wrote to.