PDA

View Full Version : Advice on anti-perspirants

bivonic
01-06-2003, 11:53 AM
I sweat quite a bit, guess because I\'m so manly /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

I always use antiperspirant ala spray format. If I don\'t I get wet arm pits. I\'ve read a number of posts that using antiperspirants is a no-no, but do I really have a choice? I don\'t like to wear T-Shirts under my collared shirts as I heat up pretty fast. Is that my only option for going out & wanting my personal \'mones to be affective?

TIA,
-John

**DONOTDELETE**
01-06-2003, 11:55 AM
Wear your antiperspirants.

Now I\'ve said that, you\'ll be deluged with mail re \"don\'t.\"

Trust me. Wear your antiperspirant. It won\'t hurt your pheromones. You\'re better off not stinking and sweating that you would be without pheromones anyway.

cuddlebear
01-06-2003, 12:27 PM
I don\'t think anyone is saying don\'t wear deodorant. But there are many deodorants, some completely unscented, that are not anti-perspirants and therefore allow you to sweat. Certainly no one is suggesting (I don\'t think, anyway) that you let your BO hang out, but the deodorants do take care of that problem. I haven\'t worn an anti-perspirant in many years, but I haven\'t had BO in that time either. However, the sweat is still there. It is just clean sweat. However, if you are uncomfortable with stains on your shirts in the pit area, clean or otherwise, you will probably have to use the anti-perspirant. This issue has been covered a lot lately, so read some of the other posts if you haven\'t already. Cuddles /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Elana
01-06-2003, 12:41 PM
Occasional sweat stains on a man are acceptable, but if I saw a guy that always had wet underarm stains, I think subconsciously I might think that he was a bit unhygienic. My vote is wear the stuff. JMNSHO /ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif