PDA

View Full Version : F1 Poll - Best all the times

abductor
01-05-2003, 12:10 PM
<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION=\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php\"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=\"pollname\" VALUE=\"1041793826abductor\">

Best F1 Driver All the Time
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"1\">Senna
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"2\">Schumacher
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"3\">Prost
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"4\">Fangio
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE=\"5\">Mansel
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE=\"Submit vote\" class=\"buttons\"></form>

franki
01-05-2003, 05:22 PM
I doubt Americans watch F1, so we won\'t see a lot of votes here.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-05-2003, 05:26 PM
This must be a rhetorical question -- the answer can only be Schumie -- and lots of Americans are interested in Formula 1 racing.

abductor
01-06-2003, 12:37 AM
I like Shumie a lot ..I am a big fan ..But
I would like that he had a same level rival, as in the Senna/Prost times. Some friends say that the Shumie life would not be easy if senna not had died (they think that, because Senna was a fanatic. Senna spoke that \"go-winner\" was as a drug, vice and he was completely dependent..But I don\'t like to think \"and if ..bla bla ..\" Shumie is a great champion, an outstanding one as everybody in the list.
I think franki have doubt because the americans have Indy /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

franki
01-06-2003, 02:28 AM
Indy, that is called NASCAR now, isn\'t it?? Besides that they have champ cars etc. ...

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-07-2003, 09:47 AM
I don\'t particularly care for F1 racing, I find it too dangerous. One slight rub of tires and your car is gone. I think it relies too much on other drivers keeping away from your car.

On the other hand, I love NASCAR. It provides the security to rub up a little in tight situations as well as high speeds on the ovals. I think it\'s just a more aggressive racing style, which is why more Americans like NASCAR over F1.

Wolfe
01-07-2003, 09:54 AM
wit a second here..on the one hand you say to dangerous and on the other you say more aggressive?..hum, well anyways.been as many deaths in nascar as F1

Elana
01-07-2003, 10:09 AM
I had to work the Gator Nationals for three years in a row. We were hired by a cigarette company to dress in skimpy outfits and take stupid surveys from the guys. HATED IT! I can\'t understand how anyone could enjoy that nasty, testosteroney car crap. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif It was loud, dirty and boring! BUT That\'s JMHO! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Wolfe
01-07-2003, 10:13 AM
now THAT i\'s like to have seen /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

\"Bury your head in the sand, somebody will come along and shoot your ass off\"
[i] Wolfe

franki
01-07-2003, 10:34 AM
You mean outfits like these:

http://www.hirespics.de/update-2002-12-23/reef.html (\"http://www.hirespics.de/update-2002-12-23/reef.html\")

/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

That is a whole lot better than \"men on the net\" /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Franki

Elana
01-07-2003, 10:36 AM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif Very similar, only we had on tiny spandex shorts and push up bra type bikini tops.

Men on the net is much more entertaining.

Wolfe
01-07-2003, 10:46 AM
naw man, what\'s up with that??..that\'s just \'standard\' florida wear

\"Bury your head in the sand, somebody will come along and shoot your ass off\"
[i] Wolfe

**DONOTDELETE**
01-07-2003, 04:03 PM
Wolfe you can be aggressive and not dangerous. Rubbing up against another person and edging a lead out is aggressive in NASCAR. The chances of a slight rub causing a major crash are slim. When Major crashes occur, its generally do to someone clipping another driver with a good deal of force.

But in F1, you even touch another persons tires slightly and they or you go off in a spin, the car rips aparts and its like a bullet going down the track. That is dangerous for the driver and others on the track in my eyes.

I also feel a NASCAR car is safer as it fully enclosed the driver.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-07-2003, 04:23 PM
How about a modified Chevy on a dirt track?

Watcher
01-07-2003, 04:43 PM
What is it about chevys and americans give me a monaro anyday (GT Pontiac for you americans.)

Wolfe
01-07-2003, 04:52 PM
ok..but to me dead is dead..and as many die in nascar as f1

Watcher
01-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Dont forget the injuries and deaths in Indylights as well.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-08-2003, 11:22 AM
I really wouldn\'t know what the mortality rate is in F1 racing, Wolfe.

But to me it just scares me to see a F1 racer tap a wall and all it\'s wheels rip off and the chassis is shooting down the track like a giant bullet going 150 mph.

And yes, I like the fact that all the cars in NASCAR are from American made design, call it pride in my country and it\'s automobiles /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif