PDA

View Full Version : Is da sceptik still around

**DONOTDELETE**
08-29-2001, 02:36 PM
Hey sceptik we need you to stick around to help keep us honest and clean and help keep this thing in perspective so are you still with us???

What is your position at the moment in regards to the responses that we have given you???

Hope you reply soon thanx images/icons/smile.gif

Bruce
08-29-2001, 03:38 PM
Hi Paul,
Uuuuuummmm.....I sorta banned him, but we are exchanging e-mails. Maybe we will work something out. It seemed to me he was just BSing his way as he went along and that he had never tried any phero products at all. Didn\'t seem to matter what anyone said, just slash and burn. I am thinking of setting up a USNET group or an unmoderated alternative \"outlaw\" land of some sort, where you guys can battle it out with the NLP guys or whatever. It\'s fun and all, but it saps a lot of energy from the purpose of the board, which is to help support folks that are trying to get their pheros (natural or store-bought) revved up. Listening to somebody who has never even tried them spew all over their dreams and efforts is not really helping. You guys don\'t realize how many lurkers there are around here. This forum gets over 1,000 page views a day! For every one of you posting regularly there are ten reading everything you write. Anyway, sorry to rain on the party. I\'ll figure something out.
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
08-29-2001, 04:08 PM
Good idea bruce i just respond to critizism im thinking of getting something going as far as ICQ network is concerned, that might be of some use, and those lurkers are all potential customers but could also do some harm so it works both ways, if we do set up something outside of the forum then we of course we have to include links back to the love-scent site so that these people can buy the products we may have to be careful what we write though, but its a nice day in sydney here. And of course ive got the stuff so im off to have some fun

oscar
08-30-2001, 11:52 AM
Bruce,

I disagree with your decision to ban the skeptik.He WAS insulting,but not profane. I don\'t recall his using foul language,nor do I remember him attacking anyone\'s lineage or deity.He was rude,ignorant and aggressive, but the responses he evoked showed this forum at its BEST.

Almost without exception, the respondants replied to his rants in a polite,forthright and even scientific manner.What I saw here was the art of on-line debate at its finest.What I saw was Evangelism,of sorts.We tried to reason with the man and bring him around to our point of view.It was a great thread in my opinion.

By the time HE posted a reply, he\'d already softened his attitude somewhat.We were doing what we enjoy,turning people on to the wonders of Pheromones!

Please, let us have him back.If \"lurkers\" are convinced that pheromones are crap based on skeptik\'s post,even in light of the thousands of posts that indicate otherwise, then FINE ,let them lurk elsewhere! (I lurked for a while myself.It\'s not a bad thing, it helps you learn.)

You\'re cutting US out of the debate too by banning HIM! Let him come back and if his barking doesn\'t stop in,say a week,then send him back to the pound.

By the way, I am NOT daskeptik. images/icons/laugh.gif

Respectfully,
Oscar images/icons/smile.gif

a.k.a.
08-30-2001, 11:52 AM
I see the point. But I\'m still curious. Do pheromones work for everybody, or not?
I think it\'s odd that a short, average looking, middle aged guy (like me) can have success with almost every product while others can\'t even get the popular brands to work.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-30-2001, 02:00 PM
I agree with Wilde Oscar. Ban feature is only for people who behave bad or insult people. I also don\'t agree with the topic rename from \"pheromones are crap\" to just \"pheromones\"
I understand that these posts are bad for the business but in an open forum it\'s logical to see all the opinions and not only \"pheros changed my life\"
Personally didn\'t have any results and i have proof of that but i will keep trying more because i believe all of you here.
I didn\'t want anyone to close my mouth if one day i finalize my opinion about pheros and this opinion is negative or bad
For example today I learned about the \"limited\" return back policy and even I find it reasonable to maintain a profitable business it wasn\'t exactly what I read at the forum and the web about love-scent
I bought the products ONLY from the posts of this forum and not from the design of the site or the quality of the graphics which they didn\'t inspire me any confidence.
Within this forum I read that pheros may not work for some people and work for some others and that there is no problem to return back the products and take others . . . until you find the products will give you results

Web pages which mention : \"I tried 6 different products each for ten days and then returned them to their manufacturer for a refund\"
at http://www.mindspring.com/~bupper1/pheromones_1.htm (\"http://www.mindspring.com/~bupper1/pheromones_1.htm\")
with the love-scent banner at the bottom and these forum topics convinced me to buy the pheros but as Bruce says
\"I would say
just stick with that one as long as you can and if you can\'t get
results, just give up, send the product back and get a refund OR maybe
try one other product with the exchange program. That gives you one
more chance, and if you are happy with that product then you are in
luck. Otherwise, that\'s the end of it. Best to just give up I would
say at that point.\" so i have one more chance to try another product since The Edge and Alter Ego didn\'t work at least for these 30-32 days i use them

[ August 31, 2001: Message edited by: PG-29 ]

**DONOTDELETE**
08-30-2001, 10:37 PM
Bruce,

I\'m glad to see you did that. The ad wizards say it takes about 30 positive impressions to motivate someone into action, but that only one negative impression can negate all those positive impressions.

I\'ve been impressed by the solid mix of users posting on the board, and that the board\'s been open to those few who get very little results as well as the many who get great results. But DaSkeptic\'s diatribe had no foundation in fact or experience, so he had no right to screw with our minds, much less your bottom line.

And I guess I really got me pissed was his blindly attacking your money-back guarantee when he\'d never even ordered from you. I\'ve seen you bend over backward to accomodate returns, trying to do what\'s right rather than hiding behind rigid return policies. Your transparent honesty is what got my business, and will keep my business. You\'ve earned my trust, and I don\'t give it lightly.

Not to mention the fact that this stuff WORKS!

Writer Guy

**DONOTDELETE**
08-30-2001, 11:19 PM
well yeah he should have stayed it would have been better for business i think and it tests the rest of us out and if all the lurkers out there are really looking then come on guys come and buy the stuff and try it out it really does work. Any attention is good for business as the old saying goes

Bruce
08-31-2001, 08:41 AM
Hi All,

Thoroughly read all the posts here. Still rolling them around in my mind and it looks like I need to come up with a clearly defined policy. We are getting ready to fly back to Japan tomorrow, and with two little kids in tow that is no small task. Give me a little time for an official policy statement.

As you can guess Writer Guy\'s point of view is a lot easier to agree with (thanks for the compliments, BTW) from my standpoint, and I have to go with it for now, although as I said, I want to find a place where those kinds of discussions would be appropriate, so that those of you who enjoy a good brawl can have it.

Daskeptic was obviously hostile and did in fact use abusive language and in no uncertain terms called me a ripoff artist and you all either suckers or my own fraudulent creation, when he has never bought anything from love-scent at all, and never made any attempt to identify what products he was talking about. I never did anything to hurt him or his family and he took it upon himself to attack me personally, with obvious intent to destroy what I hope to be an honest source of support for my family at some point. He was also sarcastic and haughty about the whole thing, which is even more intollerable. It causes me a lot of stress, which leaks into my family life and doesn\'t help me in any way to provide better service for you folks.

Actually, this discussion is off topic here as well, but I don\'t want to appear to be ignoring the issue. We just have to find another spot for it to happen. When the forum was set up a while back, we put in the \"Customer Questions\" section so actual love-scent customers would have a place for logistic questions, but that is not really a place for allowing trolling and flaming either. When Daskeptic registered for the forum he agreed NOT to do those things, and immediately and intentionally broke that promise. The only redeeming value there is as Oscar points out that it stimulated a lot of postive reaction from some of you in the short run. The big question is: \"where would it lead over the long haul if let to run?\" My oppinion is that it would not be good.

Anyway, I would like to set up an outlet for these kind of open warfare discussions if there are forum members here who are interested. Anyone with input into that, please write me privately by e-mail. Let\'s set up something we all can be happy with, and at least for the time being leave this forum for providing support for those who are at least looking for a positive outcome.

Thanks and all the Best,
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
08-31-2001, 09:26 PM
Yeah bruce see your point, ok the open forum seperate seems like a better idea in the long run.

And this area is good for customer questions as well.