PDA

View Full Version : Hello need some advice

trejoe
01-01-2003, 12:15 PM
First off Happy new year to all the ladies of the forum and next my question. Ok a couple of weeks ago I did one of the worse things a guy can do( guy opinon only) I told a girl how I felt about her and now she has become all lovie duvie and I wanna know if this is was a bad thing to do and if so how can I get out of this and also is there a way to get past the lets just be friends thing. Thank you for the time Ladies

**DONOTDELETE**
01-01-2003, 12:24 PM
You told her you loved her and now she\'s all lovie dovie. You want to know if you made a bad move to say you loved her, and if that\'s true, how can you take it back?

Then you ask how to get past LJBF.

Two different situations?

Wolfe
01-01-2003, 12:25 PM
i\'m no female but i\'d have to ask \'just what did you tell her,,and why?\"

trejoe
01-01-2003, 12:30 PM
I didnt tell her I loved her I just told her that I had feelings for her I just dont want to destroy our friend ship in the process of trying to take things to the next level because from a past experience once you take that next step you cant go back and I know she will start to act diffrently if I give in to the touchy feeley thing.

trejoe
01-01-2003, 12:34 PM
Responding to Wolfe I told her that I had feelings for her I would never tell a girl I love her and not mean it(responding to RED head) and I said it because I felt it was time we took things to the next level.

Wolfe
01-01-2003, 12:40 PM
ok..so she responded the way she was supposed too..so now why are YOU getting cold feet?
you wanted to take it to the next lvl, seems like thats what she wants too..can\'t have your cake and eat it too bud..back off and tell her it was meant as a \'friendship \' thing or else GO for it as ya can\'t just sit on it now..to late for that

**DONOTDELETE**
01-01-2003, 12:41 PM
You\'re doing a guy thing that I can\'t help you with. You should ask the guys for guy strategies about how to handle women.

trejoe
01-01-2003, 12:47 PM
I think ILL take it to the next level seeing as how backing out will make her mad and kill the friendship all together and as soon as we both get some time off from work we are going to the movies and we will have to see how things go from there.

Wolfe
01-01-2003, 12:57 PM
heh, darlin, ANY man claiming to know \'how to handle women\' is a damn fool or a liar /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

MOBLEYC57
01-01-2003, 01:03 PM
You tell\'em Wolfe!! You da MAN!!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Blackwidow_Woman
01-04-2003, 04:08 PM
trejoe , hey well, you should go for it as she more than likely wants to.. but hey i got a really close friend that we have gotting very close to each other touchy feely and kissy thing and we also tell each other how much we love each other..but we are friends and we know no matter how far we go we will always stay friends as we have both already agreed to this..nither one of us wants a realationship but nither one of us wants to be without each other as very very close friends ..we live very far apart so we only see each other few times a month if that.. but hey if shes wantting to hear certian things from you and you tell her what she wants to hear then shes gona want more to fallow for sure..what is it you are really looking for?? in her? or not in her.. other than taking it to the next level....that next level can make it or break it in a friendship.. just my 2 cents worth..

**DONOTDELETE**
01-04-2003, 04:33 PM
tell her what she wants to hear

yes yes yes

Irish
01-06-2003, 07:15 AM
This isn\'t a guy thing. This is simply baffling.

He has feelings for her. He tells her. She doesn\'t get spooked - she apparently has feelings too and becomes affectionate. Now HE\'s spooked - wants to back out, but doesn\'t want to lose the \'friendship\'. So he\'ll stay in the thing to avoid making her mad. What in the $#%&ing hell is all that?!?!?

Here\'s my \'guy thing\' about this:

1) Decide what you want.
2) Pursue it.
3) Handle yourself with class and self-respect, and respect her equally.
4) There are no guarantees - live with the consequences knowing you did 1), 2) and 3) right.

In this case, 1) is the most needed step.