PDA

View Full Version : Dream Interpretation

upsidedown
12-30-2002, 11:39 AM
Does anybody on here know much about dream interpretation? Do you actually believe that you can learn anything from it, or is it all just pop-science?

The second part is...if anybody knows how to interpret dreams, would you be willing to interpret people\'s really wild dreams on here? That\'s assuming, of course, that people would be willing to post them. They might find it too embarassing! /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif

Otherwise, maybe you could provide some basic guidelines for all of us in interpreting our own dreams.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-30-2002, 12:47 PM
I believe dream interpretation is valuable. Still at my mom\'s house, and I was just thinking this afternoon how nice it\'s been to be able to wake up and have someone to discuss the night\'s dreams with.

The most important thing you can do with dreams is to write them down. You\'ll find that in writing them down (or typing them out, whichever), the act of putting the dream into words causes you to focus -- your attention will catch on things as you write. Let yourself say \"hmmm\" about it -- it will come clear to you later.

As you keep a dream journal, you will begin to recognize reoccurring themes or personal symbols. For example, if I dream about cats, it means I\'m feeling threatened by another woman in my relationship. Cats may not (probably don\'t) mean that to you. But who knows what associations you have that you\'re not aware of. Eventually you will see your own symbols, though, as you focus on your dreams.

Write even fragments down -- it doesn\'t have to be a whole story. Whatever sticks with you when you wake up, write that down, even if it\'s just a phrase, one image.

It\'s important to note how you felt as you dreamed.

An example: 12/23/02 anxious, cats, visiting in a strange house full of people I didn\'t know

You can do a lot of things with dreaming but you have to stay real loose with it.

I think it would be fun to try to interpret each other\'s dreams. I\'m up for it.

I\'m curious if anyone else sees their lover or someone close to them in their dreams, or believes (as I do) that they are occasionally contacted in the astral by other people. This happens to me fairly frequently and is about the only time I remember my dreams - when they contain messages. I have on occasion had prophetic dreams. Not about anything profound. But they seemed to me to speak of upcoming events (I saw in retrospect). I dreamed once about a certain configuration of rooms, remembered the wallpaper and carpeting in detail, was standing in a living room looking into a dining room, circular table, on top was a fountain, out of which were jumping cats instead of water. Next day went to a friend\'s party at whose house I\'d never visited before or heard described. I had dreamed his house almost exactly, and he had 20 cats. A fellow teacher in the school where I student taught - Liberal arts person, what can I tell you - collected strays, had them fixed, and kept them in his basement. I didn\'t know that about him before the dream.

Before I moved to the DC area, before I\'d even considered it, I had a very vivid dream of myself as a child, playing in the sprinkler on the White House lawn. About six months later, it developed that I decided to move, and did, apparently spur of the moment, but it had actually been brewing for quite some time as evidenced by my dreams, and just took awhile to get to the surface and manifest.

Gerund
12-30-2002, 02:30 PM
Those interested in dreams should know that you can resume an interrupted dream. If you wake for any reason in the middle of a dream, you can pick up where you left off if, within a few minutes, you do the following:

..... Get back into bed in the EXACT same position as you
..... were when you woke up. Your dream will resume very
..... quickly.

I thought this idea was a crock when I first read about it many years ago, but it turns out to be true. I\'m amazed at how strong the body/mind connection is sometimes.

seadove
12-31-2002, 02:11 AM
Here are some folklore about dream interpretations that I know of:
1 If a pregnant woman dreams about a snake she will give birth to a baby boy.

2. If she dreams about open scissors it\'s a girl.

3. If you dream about plenty of water it means prosperity for you.

4. And if you sweat in your dreams, get up and take a shower.

biteme
12-31-2002, 03:03 AM
I\'ve been having a particularly embarassing and recurring dream since high school. I\'m peeing in my dream (sometimes into a urinal, sometimes into a toilet, etc.), then I wake up to find that I\'ve peed in bed. I usually wake up mid-stream. I used to have it at least twice a year, but the last time I had this particular dream was a year ago. It\'s even MORE embarassing when it happens at your gf\'s place ! Thankfully, she was annoyed w/my coughing (I kept waking her up), so she went to sleep in a spare bedroom in the middle of the night, then I had the dream. So no, she was NOT in bed w/me when I woke up in mid-stream.

I don\'t know if there\'s any meaning other than I drank too much water before going to bed. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Lately, I have been having a lot of violent dreams. Usually only when I wear pheros.

One dream, I had to protect a friend in a Lord of the Rings type battle (except we were fighting humans), and I was hacking people up left and right. The more people I killed, esp. by slicing their throats, the more confident and happier I became (in the dream, of course). But there was no blood, however. Like, I sliced open a guy\'s throat w/my sword and there was a wide gash in his neck, but no blood gushing out.

A couple of nights later, in another violent (a little less violent) dream, I was working on a project and we were in a hurry to make a deadline, but we were having some trouble. I had to pee, so I told my boss \"I\'m going to take a piss.\" Then my boss got angry and said that I couldn\'t go anywhere until I figured out what was going on. I then got really upset, got in my boss\' face, kept walking forward (which caused him to back up until he backed into a wall), and asked him if he was telling me I couldn\'t go take a piss if I wanted to. My boss then apoligized and said that he was not saying that at all. I walked away feeling really good that I\'d told my boss off in front of all my co-workers, but still wished I had beaten the shite out of him (in the dream I felt that). What\'s funny is that I\'m currently un-employed (yet again). So its not like I\'m stressed out about work. Although I\'m stressed out about FINDING work.

Just some funny dreams I thought I\'d share. But thanks to your advice, FTR, I may keep a dream journal now.

seadove
12-31-2002, 03:26 AM
Biteme
Go see a psyciatrist.
And don\'t piss on him.

Wolfe
12-31-2002, 04:09 AM
try a drop of Cops on a pillow next to you at night.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-31-2002, 05:16 AM
You have dreams that you\'re pissing and you wake up and find out that you actually are, and that\'s embarassing. Then you dream that you want to take a piss, but your \"boss\" says you can\'t, until you figure out what\'s going on.

Your \"boss\" (subconscious) wants you to figure out what\'s going on with the pissing in your dreams thing.

Your dream is urging you to resolve this.

Keep recording your dreams. Meanwhile, no fluids after 7 p.m. And see your doctor if you haven\'t.

My 2 cents.

Brainstorming -- do you only have the pissing dream when there\'s someone else in the bed with you, or does it also happen when you\'re alone? If it happens only or more often when you have company in the bed, that could be telling you something, too.

seadove
12-31-2002, 05:43 AM
Now I\'m really getting pissed off here.
Can we talk about something else?
Like \"HELLLLLO\"?

biteme
12-31-2002, 06:25 AM
Haha. I was a little worried I\'d come across as a quack job w/that post. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

biteme
12-31-2002, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the interpretation, FTR.

No, I\'ve never had the misfortune of having the pee dream and waking up in mid-stream while in bed w/someone. THANK goodness !

Its only happened while I was alone, and in my own bed. The only time it happened in someone else\'s bed was the time I mentioned when I was over at my then gf\'s place, and she was sleeping in the spare bedroom. She laughed at me. I tried washing the sheets before she got up, but I ran into a chair and made too much noise and I woke her up. It was pretty funny. If you can\'t laugh at yourself, what else can you do, y\'know ? Haha

It actually doesn\'t happen very often anymore. I try not to drink too much water before going to bed also.

\"And see your doctor if you haven\'t.\"

Are you telling me to see a psychiatrist also ? /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

\"...that could be telling you something, too.\"

And are you trying to tell me in a nice way that I may, unconciously, be into watersports ? /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Elana
12-31-2002, 06:57 AM
<And are you trying to tell me in a nice way that I may, unconciously, be into watersports ?>

or had a secret desire to be a fireman

biteme
12-31-2002, 07:00 AM
ok, seadove, how about this then :

I\'ve had variations of this dream about half a dozen times in my short 30 something years.

Its a dream where I know the world is going to end and I know how. I also feel (in the dream) this need to prevent it from happening, but I can\'t. I try to think of ways I can prevent it, but in the end, I wind up having to accept the fact that there is absolutely nothing I can do to prevent the world\'s destruction. So I sit there and wait patiently for the end to come.

The first three times I had this dream was when I was six. It happened three times in the course of a few months. The last time I had this dream was when I was in my early twenties. The last time was far less scary; since I\'d already had the dream a few times when I was a kid.

And I\'m always a child of six or so when I had this dream; regardless of how old I was when I had the dream.

Is this a little less \'sick\' of a topic ?

Elana
12-31-2002, 07:03 AM
My darling seadove is about as warped as they come. How did he become the forum dream interpreter?

biteme
12-31-2002, 07:05 AM
A fireman ???

Elana
12-31-2002, 07:06 AM
With a big hose

biteme
12-31-2002, 07:07 AM
Oh, I didn\'t mean for him to intrepret the dream. Anyone can interpret if he/she so chooses.

I was just giving him something else to read on this thread, since he seemed a little put off w/the pee talk.

biteme
12-31-2002, 07:08 AM
OH. I get it now.

Dummy me. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

seadove
12-31-2002, 07:09 AM
Don\'t move I\'ll get the psych Elana ,pin him down until I get back,
someone please call 999.

biteme
12-31-2002, 07:13 AM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Elana
12-31-2002, 07:19 AM
I\'ll gladly pin him down

**DONOTDELETE**
12-31-2002, 07:21 AM
I wasn\'t thinking about water sports. More that maybe you wanted that person out of your bed.

EXIT63
12-31-2002, 07:53 AM
Red, if you spend any time interpreting my dreams, you\'d be recommending a case study at the university level!

Biteme, no offense but...you have issues. Bed wetting runs deep. See a doctor. By the way, what did you do with your girlfriends sheets?

Pheremones make me angry too. Especially TE. Well...they don\'t really make me angry. They just amplify my anger. You know, before using them I never realized what an angry guy I am.

And don\'t wear PI to bed. Once I did and had these totally insane dreams! Woke up with a metallic taste in my mouth. I swear, that coupled with my hangover, I thought we were under chemical attack!

upsidedown
12-31-2002, 07:55 AM
OK,

Being as I started this thread in the first place, I figured I should chime in with my dream from last night.

I had this dream that I was part of a group perforning in an ampitheater type setting. In my dream, it was obvious that we were at a theme park type place, like Disney World, Sea World or one of the many other places that has tourists there. It was night time, and our group (maybe 10 prople or so) did various entertaining things. I don\'t remember any specific things though that any of us did in the dream to entertain for the crowd.

However, one interesting side note is that Robin Williams was one of the members of our group. I found this odd since I\'ve never really been a fan of Robin Williams, and I\'ve not seen anything with him in it any time in the recent past...so I can\'t think of any reason why he would have shown up. However, while I\'ve not been a fan, I don\'t necessarily dislike him either...just kind of neutral.

Anyway, the thing that stood out the most in my dream was that at the very end of our performance, we had some HUGE trained birds that were released. They would fly over the audience and fly on stage to perform various tricks. I just remember vividly how large and impressive those birds were.

As my dream was ending, I was walking into the theater thinking, OK the bird part\'s coming up now. This is going to be good.

So, that was my dream. It\'s not a reoccuring dream, and there was not water involved. . . (so no water sprots jokes. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif)

I doubt I can get anything from it. But, I\'m sure, knowing how a lot of you are, it should be good for some jokes.

EXIT63
12-31-2002, 08:10 AM
What part in the performance were you playing?

My simplistic interpretation: You want to be famous.

upsidedown
12-31-2002, 08:18 AM
That\'s the thing Exit. I don\'t remember any of us doing anything. I was just part of a group, but our group didn\'t do anyting in the dream. The only part of the perfoamance that occured in the dream was the bird show, and I was only a spectator of that part.

EXIT63
12-31-2002, 08:54 AM
Ok, so you want to be famous for doing nothing. Sort of like Adam Sandler. lol. Sure can\'t argue with him on payday!

biteme
12-31-2002, 09:31 AM
No offense taken. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif I have LOTS of issues, my friend. But the way I see it, everybody\'s got issues. True, some people\'s issues run deeper than others. I\'m always fascinated w/people\'s issues; things that trouble them and why. Not sure why that is.

So you have really crazy dreams when wearing pheros to bed also ? I\'ve been wondering if other people have crazy violent dreams w/pheros. I\'ve read about some people having sex dreams and suspecting that it was the pheros. Or their partners having sex dreams.

I must admit, I have a HUGE issue w/the world. I hate it. And I\'m a pretty angry and bitter guy, myself. I knew that before wearing pheros. I never felt anymore aggressive when wearing -none, like others have reported, and have assumed that the pheros don\'t affect me. Perhaps I\'m wrong and I\'m maybe not attuned to \'myself\' as well as I previously thought; considering the predominently violent dreams I have when wearing pheros to bed.

So bedwetting runs deep, huh ? I\'ve always been fascinated w/dreams. I always thought it was just my being stupid enough to drink lots of water before going to bed. Maybe I\'m wrong. Hehe /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif Maybe I\'ll find the courage to go see a quack doctor at some point in my life.

Has anyone here ever heard of an author named Hermann Hesse ? He\'s written such novels as Demian (not the anti-christ stuff...I think there was a book or movie w/the same name that was about the anti-christ), Steppenwolf, Siddhartha.

Hesse went through psychoanalysis/dream analysis w/a former student of Carl Jung. I had to read Demian in high school. My english teacher alluded to all the characters in Demian to be parts of Hesse himself; his novel being based on his dream sessions w/the former Jung student.

I have no idea why I brought that up. I wish I\'d paid more attention in class. Maybe I\'ll re-read the book. I don\'t remember the book, but I remember it being really good.

biteme
12-31-2002, 09:39 AM
I stuffed the sheets into the washer in hopes of washing and drying them before she woke up. I went upstairs and walked right into a chair in the dining room while laughing at myself for what had happened (the dream and peeing and all). I knocked the chair over and knocked a few things off the table trying to catch the chair before it fell over. Then she woke up.

Then I had to fess up ! /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif I spent the next night w/her again and she joked w/me saying that I had better not pee on her. Not that I blame her for worrying. I was quite surprised she let me sleep w/her that night.

EXIT63
12-31-2002, 10:16 AM
I recall the name Herman Hesse. My father had one of his books. But you know what?...I wasn\'t paying attention either. lol.

EXIT63
12-31-2002, 10:18 AM
Hey, what do I know. I\'m not a doctor. Although I play one TV. Maybe it is just the fluids.

Gerund
12-31-2002, 10:54 AM
Good News for Sufferers:

Bed wetting is absolutely linked to stress, but there\'s often a physical explanation.

They\'ve isolated a hormone that, in most people, is released at the time they fall asleep. The hormone reduces kidney activity, so that less urine is produced during sleep.

There is a prescription once-daily nasal inhalant available that produces the same slow-down in kidney production, and works wonders. One girlfriend\'s 6-year old was very troubled with bed-wetting. After using the inhalant, wonderful dry nights for him.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-31-2002, 11:03 AM
That\'s great news, and why I suggested the doctor (not a shrink). I remember something about babies who are born premature tending to wet the bed as young children, and it having some physical basis as well as whatever emotional stress provoked it. Thought maybe a urologist could help. Turns out Gerund knows the answer, but who is surprised by that? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Biteme, dearest. Who would have thought a guy who calls himself Biteme is pissed at the world? <grin> but what the hell. The world sucks sometimes. ...

Hesse is one of my favorite authors, and Steppenwolfe\'s my favorite Hesse. It\'s worth reading again, especially when you feel alienated. If you\'re going through a phase of hunkering down to be grim and grumly and think about things long into the night. Which never hurts to do for a spell, imho.

Gerund
12-31-2002, 02:02 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Turns out Gerund knows the answer, but who is surprised by that?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

FTR, you\'re so sweet I could just eat you up! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Wolfe
12-31-2002, 02:28 PM
Steppenwolfe?..wasnt that a heavy metal band from the 60\'s?

Whitehall
12-31-2002, 02:55 PM
The drug is called vasopressin and is available over the net without a prescription. It is expensive but it has the alternative \"smart drug\" use of helping in the retention of memory.

It is sometimes used during studying or before sex.

However, don\'t mix vasopressin and alcohol/coffee/tea since the you\'ll bloat.

Whitehall
12-31-2002, 02:58 PM
The book of Hesse\'s that I really enjoyed was Magister Ludi or the Glass Bead Game. Helped me decide to NOT become a career intellectual.

He won a Nobel Prize for literature.

Mtnjim
12-31-2002, 03:17 PM
\"Steppenwolfe?..wasnt that a heavy metal band from the 60\'s?\"

Yup, did \"Magic Carpet Ride\" amoung others.

Buy the way, according to your post listing your birthdate, I\'m 3 months older than you. For what it\'s worth.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-31-2002, 03:32 PM
Born To Be Wild /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif (yeah, baby)

Watcher
12-31-2002, 03:35 PM
Gotta agree with you FTR. :P

Gerund
12-31-2002, 09:11 PM
Gerund <------------------------ Saw Steppenwolf live many years ago, was excellent~

..... Getcher motor runnin\'
..... Head out on the highway
..... Lookin\' for adventure
..... In whatever comes our way

..... Yeah darlin\', gonna make it happen
..... Take the world in a love embrace
..... Fire alla your guns at one time
..... Explode into space

..... Like a true nature child
..... We were born, born to be wild
..... We can fly so high
..... Never wanna die---------------------eee

..... Born to Be Wi----------------ild!!!

Sorry, got a little giddy there~ /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

biteme
12-31-2002, 09:26 PM
Huh. The whole hormone thing is interesting. You learn new things everyday. Thanks for all the information, everyone.

Are smart drugs regulated by the FDA ? I can\'t recall as to whether I was stressed out when I had those particular dreams or not.

I\'ve been meaning to see a urologist, actually. It seems like I have no bladder at times. I\'m always taking trips to the bathroom. Unfortunately, I had to downgrade my health insurance to hospital coverage only due to financial reasons. As soon as I get the chance, I guess.

Here\'s a little story on how I came up w/the \'biteme\' handle (if anyone\'s interested) :

I was talking to a friend I used to work w/while I was registering as a love-scent forum member. We were reminiscing about the time I told a former boss (at a company I used to work at) to \"suck my ass\" three times in one day. Right in front of all my co-workers and friends. And in front of a friend of his he was interviewing. I thought of registering as suckmyass, but didn\'t think that that was a such a great idea. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

This happened YEARS ago. But its kind of funny that I had a dream a few days ago about my telling off an \'imaginary\' boss.

I don\'t always hate the world, BTW. It can be quite wonderful at times. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

biteme
12-31-2002, 09:28 PM
OH, that\'s a Steppenwolf song ?!

For some reason, I thought someone else sang that song.

I so uneducated. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

Gerund
12-31-2002, 09:34 PM
Definitely sounds like your prostate, dude. It enlarges as you age and restricts the flow of urine when voiding, making it difficult to completely empty your bladder. However, at your age, it really shouldn\'t be a problem, unless you are engaged in a certain type of occupation that exacerbates prostate enlargement.

You may want to try some Saw Palmetto, which is supposed to promote healthy prostate function, and see if you get some symptomatic relief. If at your age of 32 it really is a tremendous problem and doesn\'t get better, you probably should see a urologist as you mentioned.

seadove
12-31-2002, 09:59 PM
Biteme
I think it\'s the prostrate glands too, prematurely active of course.
It\'s nothing really, a certain annoying test and slight medication will amend this problem forever.
And as for your dream, piss is liquid too, therefore prosperity for you.Don\'t worry 2003 will be a vintage year for you.

Wolfe
12-31-2002, 10:38 PM
it does a fine job of that, as does ginseng,yohimbe and oat straw..try using a multi vit/diet supplement such as Ultra vita Man from vitamin world. Not only has the multivits ya need but has a herb blend designed to help older men with those prostate probs they might get. It does work too, i know.
BTW, you \'younger guys\' ought to take heed, waiting till \'the last min\' to do something to help your health..well..look..women take calcium LONG before thier bones go soft..might understand thats called \'preventive medicine\' and take a page from thier book and do the same..prostate cancer KILLS.

franki
12-31-2002, 10:40 PM
Should someone like me, who doesn\'t have problems with his prostate, already start to worry about that?

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Wolfe
12-31-2002, 10:41 PM
read my last post and you decide if a multivit with herbs is worth the price or not /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

seadove
12-31-2002, 11:10 PM
No franki
You\'re too young for that.
Unless you\'re a fruit of course.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-01-2003, 12:29 AM
Well. He\'s too young for problems to manifest. But he\'s not too young to start preventive maintenance.

biteme
01-01-2003, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the advice, guys. \'Tis appreciated. I never would have guessed that it had to do w/the prostate glands. I guess that\'s why one should see a doctor regularly. My last check up was almost ten years ago. Big oops.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-01-2003, 02:39 AM
Upsidedown\'s dream -- you\'re standing up in an opening (stage), you have been performing, and then you\'re just standing there and something is released. ... what would Sigmund say? /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Although why Robin Williams is there has me stumped.

You want to get paid for doing nothing and have sex with Robin Williams. I think that\'s what that dream means.

seadove
01-01-2003, 02:42 AM
Biteme
May you have a happy new year and a successful one too, and if I poked fun at you too much don\'t take to heart, it\'s all in fun and good will.

biteme
01-01-2003, 02:47 AM
Hey, you didn\'t poke fun too much ! It was really funny ! Made me laugh. I even got coca-cola up my nose when I saw your first post about seeing a psych. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Happy New Year to you, too. And to everyone else, as well. Hope you guys all have a kick ass 2003. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

biteme
01-01-2003, 02:49 AM
How\'s your leg, BTW ? You were in a car accident, right ? Hope your recovery is going well. Test the pheros on any lady doctors and nurses yet ?

/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Wolfe
01-01-2003, 03:00 AM
that is the very reason hat i started that \'health\' post on multi-vits, FTR\'s right about that. Any1 30+ needs to think ahead.
Besides, those \'herbs\' that help the prostate arn\'t JUST that, they help ALL internal organs.(even kidneys)

seadove
01-01-2003, 03:10 AM
Biteme
Got my legs back finally and the cast is off.
I do my physio almost everyday and get up early in the morning to exercise.
Can\'t complain.

upsidedown
01-01-2003, 07:02 AM
FTR, sounds like you and Freud are soul mates! /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif

CptKipling
01-01-2003, 01:35 PM
Luckilly for us though, preventitive measures can simply involve an appointment with Captain Palm and his five sisters /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Kegels also

franki
01-01-2003, 01:43 PM
LOL /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Franki

Wolfe
01-01-2003, 01:53 PM
hum well, no offence BUT at the tender age of 16 thats the only way you should be gettin any......

CptKipling
01-01-2003, 03:26 PM
16 is leagal in the UK, I know thats not exactly what you were saying...

Besides, I\'m 17.....and a quarter! /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Elana
01-01-2003, 03:27 PM
and you have WAY too much equipment to not share with the ladies.

franki
01-01-2003, 03:29 PM
You should update your profile Kipling!

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

CptKipling
01-02-2003, 09:28 AM
I thought I did do, I\'m on it!

Oh and I heard that Elana! /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Wolfe
01-02-2003, 09:35 AM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Lucky
01-02-2003, 07:58 PM
Generally, urinating in dreams has some relation to degradation of some kind or gossip or rumor.

Whitehall
01-03-2003, 09:46 AM
I used to be a neighbor of William\'s girlfriend. Met him once at a local gas station - he asked me about the car I was driving.

Nice enough guy - acted regular too.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-28-2003, 06:10 AM
Ok, two more incidences this month. On the nights of the 21st and 22nd, I had intense sexual dreams about SDR. The morning of the 23rd, he calls me up at the crack of dawn and says he\'s been dreaming about me. !! Last night I had really great phone sex. This morning SDR calls me up horny and says he wants to come see me one day this week.

??

Nobody else has this or anything like it?

DrSmellThis
01-28-2003, 06:21 AM
I think it\'s best to combine pumpkin seed oil with saw palmetto, and eat lots of pumpkin seeds. Worked wonders for me, and made me produce semen like a porn star.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-28-2003, 06:24 AM
Ok, I guess this thread is not going to be about dreams, then. Prostates and enuresis. Right.

belgareth
01-28-2003, 08:12 AM
Let\'s go back to dreams.

I like the sound of yours, mine are rather boring lately, having mostly to do with running a business. Please tell us more... /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-28-2003, 08:17 AM
I can\'t believe I\'m the only one who shares dreams with someone else. It seems remarkable to me. The only other person that ever happens to me with is my mother. I\'ll dream about her and she\'ll \"hear\" it, or vice versa, and we\'ll call each other up \"I dreamed about you last night.\"

Just curious what\'s up with that.

Oh, by the way. I wet the bed when I was little. And I think my prostate is swelling up. (just to keep the crowd happy)

belgareth
01-28-2003, 08:19 AM
Honsestly Red, I rarely remember my dreams so couldn\'t say if I share them or not. I do have the same thoughts as another person, fairly often. She thinks I am either or good guesser or it\'s coincidence.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-28-2003, 08:48 AM
Fine. In that case, wanna feel my prostate?

bivonic
01-28-2003, 08:50 AM
Nice thread I just read through all of it & thought I would contribute.

I used to write down my dreams, maybe I should start that again. I believe the dream state is an opportunity for your subconscious to run wild, almost take reinventory of experiences that recently occurred & to reorganize them in your brain. Think of it as a time for all the thoughts in your head (mostly recent experiences but not limitted to) to expand & contract & find their right resting spot. Almost every morning when I wake up & I have a vivid memory of my dream from that night I can usually pinpoint what occurred the day before that really struck my subconscious.

Other notes - I have had the ability to use my hands in my dreams whereby I will feel my pillow but get the sensation that I am feeling a woman\'s breast. I cannot begin to explain how great that feels. It doesn\'t happen often & it is probably closer to when you are ready to wake up, but it\'s a feeling I will never forget. Also you can control your dreams - those star trek episodes are no joke, where capt. kirk taps himself on the wrist as a visual cue to himself that he is dreaming, I\'m almost positive the occurrences when I could use my hands to use the sense of touch were dreams that I had successfully taking control of the storyline. Once you learn to control your dreams your nights will be that much more pleasant - I have not attempted this recently, but I have been successful maybe 10-20% of the time when I would focus on this when going to bed.

Also I have dreamt of people in my life like most others have, usually it\'s about \"Sally\" & my witnessing of losing her to another guy whom I know.

As far as reoccurring dreams - the settings of my dreams generally take place at the house I grew up in, but have not lived in for almost 15 years, but I\'ll think it is my current residence. Also I\'ll have reoccurring nightmares from highschool (I went to a private all male high school, very tough academically) specifically forgetting my locker combination or being stressed about a test that I hadn\'t studied for the night before, etc...I chalk those experiences up to stress.

As far as peeing the bed, I\'ll do this occassionally, but it is only after a night of extremely heavy drinking - you cannot even imagine what magnitude I am talking about - I\'ve just chalked that up as to motor skills for lack of a better term (and not peeing before crashing).

Lastly & most importantly if I wear a fair amount of \'mones before going to bed I generally have bad dreams & if I am not working the next day & let the \'mones just fester on me the entire next day my mind is usually in a very fuzzy state - I think I\'ll start showering before going to bed on those nights. As far as spilling a half of bottle of PI/m in my bedroom when I first got it, when I laid awake in bed I would be aroused, but I think for those few weeks when the odor was most persistant I had bad dreams, so definitely do your best to clean up any spillage in your bedroom area or anywhere in your house.

belgareth
01-28-2003, 08:52 AM
Does it have t be your prostrate? I can think of other things I would rather handle. I\'m a little finicky that way.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-28-2003, 08:58 AM
Fine, suit yourself, handle what you like then. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Bivonic, you and Sally ever dream about each other on the same night?

bivonic
01-28-2003, 09:03 AM
I\'ll ask her in a month, I\'m taking Elana\'s advice & steering clear for a few weeks, mostly to clear my mind (it\'s really working, I don\'t think about her nearly as much), but also to see how she reacts when I reappear from nowhere. I know I\'m going to get from her the typical, \"Where have you been?\" When she really is going to want to ask, \"Why haven\'t you been HERE the past month?\" Not sure on my response yet, I hate playing the verbal lying game & rather be direct. FYI - we are not as close as you might have thought FTR. PM me if you want more info, don\'t want to tie up this thread.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-28-2003, 09:05 AM
No, we won\'t talk about \"She About Whom You\'ve Forgotten For the Time Being Whose Name Shall Not Be Mentioned.\"

Gerund
01-28-2003, 05:14 PM
I had this dream that I ate a 25-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up, my pillow was gone! (uh-huh) hehe

CptKipling
01-28-2003, 05:15 PM
Who?