PDA

View Full Version : Age Defying Pancakes

Wolfe
12-30-2002, 10:28 AM
i have a recipe 4 pancakes that not only kick ass taste wise but are as healthy as a person can ask 4, now these came from Pat Roberts of \'The 700 Club\" so i claim no tie to them myself, but i have made them and they\'re wonderful(something the whole family will love) and i would like to share them with any1 interested..pm me and i will email you a copy of the recipe..happy eating(ps: these are a \'soy\' pancake but taste better than any i\'ve ever had made from any flour)

Elana
01-05-2003, 06:10 AM
Thank you Wolfe...these really were delicious. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
The recipe is a keeper

Wolfe
01-05-2003, 06:40 AM
isn\'t that wonderfull?? not only good eating but helps in health AND building muscle mass..damn if ya ask me, that\'s heck of a combo /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
And you\'re more than welcome.,
Shame others are missing out on this 1 /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

Xehupatl
01-05-2003, 08:22 AM
oh come on what\'S with the secrecy! just post the resipe already! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

ste

Wolfe
01-05-2003, 08:24 AM
sorry. to much typing 4 me /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif it\'s a full lenght d/l\'d artical i got and dont wanna try typing it all out. i use 2 fingers and i\'m SLOW typer..only time i find 2 fingers to be a disavantage in use /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
i thought of posting the link as well but entrance to the site requires membership.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-05-2003, 08:29 AM
um ... copy and paste?

Wolfe
01-05-2003, 08:35 AM
3 pages?
well ok..let see what i can do to get this condensed to place it here on the forum.

upsidedown
01-05-2003, 10:55 AM
>> i would like to share them with any1 interested..pm me and i will email you a copy of the recipe<<

Ummm, Wolfe...wouldn\'t it be a lot less work to type it out on a post just one time than to have to type it out many times in individual PM\'s? Or, like FTR said...cut and paste.

Or, if you\'ve already typed it out for Elana in a PM, then maybe Elana would nice enough to cut and paste it into a post for us... maybe if we sweet talk her enough! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif How about it Elana? Please? Pretty please?

Then again, why do I really care? I really have no interest in cooking pancakes anyway. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Wolfe
01-05-2003, 11:18 AM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
already working on it

Wolfe
01-05-2003, 11:53 AM
2 eggs
2 tablespoons non-fat , plain yogurt
2 tablespoon safflower oil
1 cup skim milk
1 cup ten-grain OR multigrain flour
2 rounded tablespoons soy flour
1 pinch baking powder

in large bowl whisk 2 eggs lightly till fluffy
add yogurt whisk till blended
add safflower oil ,again whisking till blended
add milk-whisk again
add 1 cup ten-grain flour( using spoon lightly FOLD the flour into the egg mixture_do NOT overbeat as this makes the batter tough and heavy
add 2 rounded tablespoons of soy-folding and blend
add the pinch of baking powder-fold batter lightly

spray spam on griddle( OR a hot pan)
heat griddle to where sprinkled water on it will \'dance\'
drop batter on griddle-look for bubbles to appear and then flip(don\'t flip back and forth as this flattens pancakes and makes them tough)
cook till golden brown
top with pure maple( don\'t ruin this healthy dish with sugered syrup)
you can add a virity of fruits/pecans or spices as you wish like any other pancake recipe you like.

Quick And Easy Syrup
1/2 cup water
1 packet of sweet and low TM*
1/8 tsp. maple flavoring
pinch cinnamon

Heat and stir till thickens
Hope ya enjoy
A disclaimer here now--These Pancakes where developed by Pat Roberts of The 700 club and the credit belongs to him- though i\'m sure that he has no prob with me sharing the recipe with all of you as this was done on a televised program on TV.

Wolfe
01-05-2003, 11:57 AM
LMAO damn i hope i got it right..elana plz proof read this and make sure it\'s same as i gave you /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
i 2 finger sight type and am crappy at it.. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

Elana
01-05-2003, 12:03 PM
Sorry Wolfe...I just got in.
It looks correct.

He wasn\'t able to copy and paste it because it was on a PDF file and it won\'t allow you to copy. That\'s why he had to type it out.

upsidedown
01-05-2003, 12:06 PM
Ouch! PDF files. I hate it when I get those online.

Elana
01-05-2003, 12:10 PM
So now that you made Wolfe do all of this work....you had better make them. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-05-2003, 01:07 PM
Thanks, Wolfe.

Anybody ever try flavored yogurt on pancakes instead of butter and syrup? It\'s really good.

Wolfe
01-05-2003, 09:35 PM
you know now that i\'ve done all this it\'ll fade away and never be seen again /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

\'\'If you bury your head in the sand someone will come along and shoot your ass off\'\'
[i] Wolfe