PDA

View Full Version : Scent Choice vis Womens Favorite

jcarter
12-29-2002, 10:58 PM
Ladies, as you can see, I am new to these crazy forums! So far, it\'s been quite an eye-opener!

Still, I have to say that the majority of the women\'s posts have been more even tempered and thoughtful than those coming from the men. (Yes!, I\'m quite sure about that!)

I\'d like to pose a question to you, but I\'m not sure if it\'s something that I have actually read or just a figment of my imagination!

Does anyone know anything about a man choosing his fragrance so as to compliment or be similar to, the fragrance of the woman in his life? In other words, should a man choose a \"male\" counterpart to the fragrance that his women wears in order to arouse her interest?

Thank you for your thoughtful consideration!

Watcher
12-30-2002, 02:09 PM
Get something to affect their biological systems, buying the couplins Passion couplin concentrate under the stone labs link or Essence of woman is good.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-31-2002, 04:56 AM
Thanks for the compliments re the women\'s posts and for the interesting question.

I don\'t know that there\'s a definitive answer. I like to wear fairly simple florals or greens, while I\'m attracted to deeper and more complex orientals on men, which is an opposite category. I like fresh, bright citrus/green scents on men, too, but they\'re generally appealing rather than sexy/evocative, to my nose.

For what it\'s worth. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

jcarter
12-31-2002, 04:43 PM
Thank you for your reply, Renee.

(May I use your given name? I realize that we are not yet acquainted, but I am uncomfortable with your forum handle of FTR. Though imaginative and no doubt descriptive, it feels a bit too sterile. It is your call of course.)

I wasn\'t sure that I had posed my question in sufficient clarity, so I am grateful for your response. Yours is the only reply to date. Perhaps I did indeed \"dream up\" the concept? It certainly doesn\'t seem to fit with your experience.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-31-2002, 04:58 PM
What makes you happy pleases me.

I\'ve noticed Estee Lauder has made companion scents of Pleasures. I think Ralph Lauren, maybe, has too. The idea probably being that while she\'s out buying her favorite, she can get its counterpart for her guy and ask him to wear it. I believe those companion scents are similar to one another.

But my gut says it\'s a marketing strategy rather than a design from the point of view of enhancing attraction.

I have no real information either way.

What do you think? I\'m assuming you have some inclination that you hoped would be verified?