PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Beginner Set

jcarter
12-26-2002, 01:10 PM
Just purchased the Beginner Set and had begun to experiment with TEs + SPMO dilution ( 1:4 ). Was carrying the products in a small, soft, shaver case when I discovered that the containers leak!

DO NOT store your atomizer on its side! I lost the entire mixture when it leaked into the case. Also, beware of the SPMO bottle. I also lost the contents when the rubber stopper somehow became crushed into the cap and it all leaked out into my case. RATS!!

Anyway, newbies, beware!

krtel
12-26-2002, 02:01 PM
I agree that these atomizers leak somewhat, however, I keep the atomizer I got from the newbie set in my backpack on it\'s side, and the majority of it\'s contents are still in the atomizer.

- Krish

Wolfe
12-26-2002, 02:08 PM
then you got lucky..mine leaks like crazy too..upright or goodies are gone

jcarter
12-26-2002, 02:33 PM
And at these prices, who wants to waste the product?

Yes, I know most of you feel that they\'re worth it, but I\'ve yet to find the right \"dose\". Haven\'t been able to prove to myself that the pheros work.

Now that I\'ve only got TEs left in my arsenal, I\'ve got to decide whether or not to pony up $50 for some SOE. Or perhaps some other -nol product? Any suggestions for a fiftyish, white guy, moderately over-weight, who works mainly with middle-aged women?

krtel
12-26-2002, 02:42 PM
You don\'t have to spend $50. Just get yourself some SoE gel.

- Krish

**DONOTDELETE**
12-26-2002, 03:08 PM
The old SPMO bottle is known to have troubles with the rubber cap; the problem is caused by the pressure you have to use to screw the cap, which causes the integrated dropper to push upwards and smash the cap...

Do you have the old oil-based fragrance or the new one (alcohol based)?

Bruce
12-26-2002, 03:11 PM
I am very sorry about that. To a certain extent leaking can be eliminated by being careful how you thread on the top, but it has happened enough that I assume there is more to it than that. Myself I have never had one of those leak on me, but you should be able to keep them in any position and not have them leak. We have been actively looking for a better quality atomizer that we can afford to give away with the Beginner sets and so far have not had much luck. Maybe we should just issue a warning with them and stock some better quality ones to sell.

Bruce

krtel
12-26-2002, 03:57 PM
I have this same problem with the AE bottle! They\'d be better off sticking to the open mouth bottle.

- Krish

Watcher
12-26-2002, 11:49 PM
Or the roller ball top of SOE, that never leaks which is good and dispersal is good.

krtel
12-27-2002, 12:02 PM
Agreed Watcher. The roller is better than the open mouth.

- Krish

jcarter
12-29-2002, 09:47 PM
\"Maybe we should just issue a warning with them and stock some better quality ones to sell.\"

Actually, I think that\'s a great idea! Perhaps the warning will save some newbie from making the costly mistake that I made.

BTW, I see that the atomizer that is given away \"free\" ? with the Beginner Set, is advertised for $14.95 on it\'s own! Incredible that such a simple item, containing such cheap materials, should be so pricey! Go figure!

krtel
12-30-2002, 12:40 PM
Bruce,

How about selling roll top bottles? Would it be feasible or is the cost too high to offer it at a fair price?

- Krish

CptKipling
12-30-2002, 05:57 PM
Yeah we went into this before.

Maybe going more into \"Pheromone Mixing Tools\" would eb a good idea.

-Storage
-dispensors (atomisers, roll ons...)
-Pipettes
-Nose plug (to come as standard with EW /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif )