PDA

View Full Version : 20,000 Posts

upsidedown
12-24-2002, 10:49 AM
I noticed that we just went over 20,000 posts in this current forum.

Congratulattions to us. Wow, that\'a a lot of back reading for newbies to have to go through. Better get started right away you guys.

cuddlebear
12-24-2002, 11:55 AM
I was tryin\' so freakin\' hard to get that 20K post too, I wanted to make history, but darn, I had to go out! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

dpguy
12-24-2002, 02:21 PM
As a \"newbie,\" I\'ll tell you right now that there is no way I\'m gonna get to all 20,000 posts. I may be becoming addicted to reading this forum, but seeing ALL the posts is going to take a great deal of dedication. I\'m putting in my share of effort though. It\'s fun /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

\'
dpguy

Watcher
12-24-2002, 09:00 PM
Well im responsible for 3500 approx over 3 years in various incarnations. So i guess it still approximates to 10% of the total forum activity which is quite high.

upsidedown
12-24-2002, 11:33 PM
>>I was tryin\' so freakin\' hard to get that 20K post too, I wanted to make history, but darn, I had to go out!<<

There there Cuddlebear. There\'s always post number 30K. Now you have a new goal and a new purpose for living. Now, go forth and start posting. Every journey begins with that first step.

Bruce
12-24-2002, 11:58 PM
How do you know if you are the 20,000 poster? Or are you just kidding?
Bruce

upsidedown
12-25-2002, 12:14 AM
No Bruce, I wasn\'t kidding.

I\'m sure you realize that the number of posts to each forum is listed on the very front Main index. Well, just before I wrote my post about it, I just happened to notice that the number was at exactly 20,000. My comment on this was actually the 20K and 1st post. So, my post wasn\'t number 20,000.....the post before it was number 20K.

I didn\'t think to make note at the time who it was who actually wrote number 20K.

Bruce
12-25-2002, 12:41 AM
OK, I gotcha. I hadn\'t thought about those numbers in a while. I just added up the number of posts in all the various forums and got a grand total of 43,547! That\'s a lot of reading.
Bruce

cuddlebear
12-25-2002, 06:31 AM
I had noticed when the total was 19,988 but didn\'t have time to post 12 items. I would have labeled mine number 20K and then this would have satisfied me, I suppose /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Cuddles

cuddlebear
12-25-2002, 06:33 AM
There\'s always post number 30K??? Patient sucker, aren\'t you? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif With any luck, I\'ll have something ELSE to do before then!! Merry Xmas to you and everyone on the forum! Cuddles

upsidedown
12-25-2002, 09:53 AM
Yes Bruce. If you bring in all the archived material, that is a lot of reading. Still, 20,000 posts in the current active forum is pretty impressive since it\'s only been going since mid-May of this year. That\'s a little over 7 months. That\'s a lot of pheromone interest.

But, like you said, altogether we\'ve got somewhere in the neighborhood of 43K + posts in all areas and archives..

Maybe someday, somebody will wade through them all and compile a Cliff\'s Notes version of all those 43,000 posts....a sort of \"greatist hits\" summary.

cuddlebear
12-25-2002, 09:55 AM
Are you asking for the job?? Sounds like a lotta work ..

upsidedown
12-25-2002, 09:58 AM
Did I sound like I was soliciting for the job?
Notice I said a lot of work for somebody....emphasis on somebody!

Sounds like a lifetime commitment to me rather than a job.

cuddlebear
12-25-2002, 10:16 AM
In all honesty, I think it would be impossible at this point ... The best we can do is bump something up or provide a link if we find something good ... I usually like to think I\'m \"somebody\" but this time I\'ll pass /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Cuddles

upsidedown
12-25-2002, 10:27 AM
Well, I honestly think it could be done. If you remove all the jokes, flirting, flame wars, posts that say only \"bump\" or \"LOL\", there\'s probably only 87 actual posts that relate to pheromones. So, those should be readily identifiable. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

I\'m joking of course. But, I do think it could be done. It would just take a little while. It\'s just that the final version would be limited to what the person doing the work felt was important, and not everybody would agree on the best material to include.

Another aproach would be to have a group of people work on the project. Divide up the posts into groups for many to wade through. You could then have the best of the best from each group go through another screening process to cut it down even further. That would cut down the research time if many people did it.

In the end though, the thing is that there really isn\'t any reason to compile such a thing. I don\'t see that there is any real pressing need for it to be done, despite the fact that I\'m the one who brought it up in an off the cuff comment it in the first place.. Besides, why should we make it easy on the newbies? /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

>>I usually like to think I\'m \"somebody\" but this time I\'ll pass <<
Yes, I think you should pass. As a memeber of the Royal Court, you really have time obligations elsewhere.

cuddlebear
12-25-2002, 10:45 AM
A perfect excuse!! Thank you , Upsidedown! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Watcher
12-25-2002, 01:00 PM
To be honest i think i got the 20K post again, i got 10k to, just got a habit of doing that sorry cuddlebear.

Watcher
12-25-2002, 01:08 PM
I wonder how much of my material has actually been of use. I think knowing you are joking about the 87 actual pheromone posts there is a lot of good stuff floating around out there.
You could have a group of people go through and screen everything, the cookbook and reference material has done most of that i think anyway but good idea anyway.
Making it easy on the newbies would cut the amounts being posted right, as less would need to be said etc.

upsidedown
12-25-2002, 01:19 PM
Yes, I was obviously joking about the 87 pheromone posts. The number is actually more like 96 posts.

But seriously, I said that because some people complain about getting off topic....they want \"just the facts m\'am.\" Personally I think the chit chat mixed in with the factual stuff makes the forum more fun to read. Otherwise, I might as well be reading a college science textbook..

But, you have a good point. Yes, the cookbook has been a valuable addition in breaking down the basics. A Cliff\'s Notes version of the forum posts would serve to give some guidance to those wanting to read all the anecdotal information on pheromone hits and the philosophical discussions that have occured on here. That might cut back on new people asking basic questions that have already been chewed on dozens of times already.

By the way Watcher and Cuddlebear. Don\'t worry about who got number 20K. I\'ve got a news flash! There was no prize fot the winner. Except for the love and respect of all the forum members...or whatever.

Bruce
12-25-2002, 04:22 PM
Anyone out there get laid off and need some spare cash?
I\'ll pay you to extract material from the forum posts that could be used as testimonials for the various products. Write me an email if you are interested?

Putting together all useful pheromone info into some sort of \"handbook\" would be great too of course. Much more of a long-term project, but that could be worked into some kind of paid project as well.

Bruce

Watcher
12-25-2002, 10:41 PM
Like an extension of the FAQ and handbook, could be handy for business. The long-term plan is also worth considering. COuld be helpful for those seeking cash.