PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations for pheros an a card?

MaxiMog
12-24-2002, 01:05 AM
In order to win the official ring from \"The lord of the rings\", all I have to do is sent the answer to a simple question to my newspaper\'s \'office\'. Needless to say, many people will be interested in this ring, so I thought that maybe if I sprayed some pheros on it, my chances of winning will increase. Still a long shot, but who dares, wins!

So, any recommendations on what would be the best one? (possibly Attraction, no?)

frenchie
12-24-2002, 01:44 AM
Which power can be stronger than the power of the unique Ring ??? :-) Even Frodo had to throw the ring into the fire, and even Gandalf had to fight very very hard...
Try the strongest none - for domination and power !
The luck be with you ! :-) :-)

Frenchie

MaxiMog
12-24-2002, 03:33 AM
LOL @ Frenchie!

Ain\'t she a beauty? (the ring, I mean) /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

http://www.swords-online.com/data/shop/images/NN9269_large.jpg (\"http://www.swords-online.com/data/shop/images/NN9269_large.jpg\")

frenchie
12-24-2002, 04:12 AM
yep, it is very beautiful ! just beware not to get under the power of Sauron when you win it... in other words : stay with us ! LOL

Frenchie

SwingerMD
12-24-2002, 10:01 AM
It would ultimately depend on how they are choosing the \'one card\'. My recommendations would be any phero that is not oil based and does not have any E. oils in it. NPA would be good as well as any of the chem set stuff. I tried RM and it leaves a slight oil stain.

upsidedown
12-24-2002, 10:06 AM
I\'ve used AFA in the past. It\'s alcohol based, unscented, and contains both -none and -nol.

cuddlebear
12-24-2002, 12:20 PM
Who says all we ever think about is sex? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

MaxiMog
12-24-2002, 12:31 PM
Actually, most of the things we do are connected to our need of sex in some way. Think about it!!! As sex is important, I don\'t mind that all that much.

There are 3 things we need!

1. Air: 5 minutes without it, and we\'re dead
2. Food and water i.e. nutrients: 5 days without water, and you\'re dead. A few month mostly without food, and it\'s the same thing.
3. As for sex: you don\'t ever have to hav sex in your entire life. However, our species will become extinct.

Enough of this ==> back to the card business! I found it odd to aply AFA to a card, and actually, it is: it leaves a beautiful stain. SO it\'s n good. It will have to be either attraction or TE I think!

upsidedown
12-24-2002, 01:17 PM
AFA shouldn\'t have left a stain, as it\'s alcohol based. I\'ve used it without a problem. Are you sure you tried Stone Lab\'s Androstenone Fragrance Additive (AFA)? Could you have possibly confused it with APC?

Not necessarily doubting you, but I know it\'s often easy sometimes to get some abreviations confused when reading a post quickly, as many as there are. I know I\'ve done it before when I didn\'t read as closely as I should have.

cuddlebear
12-24-2002, 01:20 PM
Well, if it was someone else, maybe, but I think Maxi knows his stuff ...

MaxiMog
12-24-2002, 02:00 PM
That\'s right, cuddles! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

The problem with AFA is that it comes out as a drop, so lots of liquid on a small surface, whereas a spray spreads about the same amount on a much larger surface, making it easier for the alcohol to evaporate. The drops tends to go into the card before evaporation. I only used a big paper card to test this. I think a card like a X-mas card or so will be able to stand that much liquid.

upsidedown
12-24-2002, 02:04 PM
Sorry for ever doubting you MaxiMog. (Hangs head in shame. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif)

But, you did clarify why you got different results than I did. I put the AFA in an atomizer and let a fine mist drop on the paper I was using. So, that\'s why I didn\'t get any stains.

Regardless, TE should probably work fine, but it would have a bit more of an odor I would think.

MaxiMog
12-25-2002, 01:05 AM
Yeah, I tried two sprays of TE on one card, two of Attraction on another. I can still smell TE easily on the card now, whereas there\'s no odour difference between a regular card and the attraction card.