PDA

View Full Version : I stink therefore I am

nonscents
12-23-2002, 02:17 PM
A while back I started with the Newbie offer and got The Edge scented with sandalwood. It didn\'t smell like sandalwood to me and I didn\'t notice any reactions.

More recently I ordered AE and with it I received a 2ml sample of Pro Edge. It\'s in a white plastic spray bottle with a dark green paper label.

I sprayed once, and nothing came out. I then sprayed once on the front of my neck and once on the back. Man! This stuff does not smell good! Given that I had to be at my part-time job in about an hour and it would not be cool to stink my mind drifted to all those posts about what to do if you OD. I was away from home with only my briefcase. Then I remembered that I had 2 free SOE gel packs. So I put on 1/2 a gelpack to use it as a cover scent. I think I still smelled pretty funky but I also think it helped. By the way, at my job I was in a room full of 17 females, 15 of whom were in their 20s, and there were no hits.

But here is my question: Is Pro Edge basically unscented none? If ProEdge smells bad does that mean I can smell none?

I know TE is supposed to have the secret ingredient of NPA. If ProEdge has that secret ingredient then it is possible that what stank was not the none but the secret ingredient.

The Pro Edge did not smell like the proverbial cat urine to me. I wish I could identify what it did smell like, but I couldn\'t. But it was definitely a smell I didn\'t want to be around.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-23-2002, 02:29 PM
Pro Edge is just The Edge Uncented Mini Sample, people usually wear a cover scent to cover up the \"stink\" If I OD i just wash the body parts that were exposed to pheromones with soap and water, some soaps may not be able to wash them off put I think theres at least 90% that do, so its unlikely that you\'ll run into the \"black sheep\" of soap. Someone else might have a more scientifical explination to the soap thing just listen to what others have to say.

upsidedown
12-23-2002, 02:35 PM
I thought the little 2ml mini samples were the scented version.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-23-2002, 02:36 PM
nope not scented.

franki
12-23-2002, 03:28 PM
No no no Instigator. Pro Edge really IS SCENTED Edge. (sandalwood for men and vanilla for women) !!!!

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

upsidedown
12-23-2002, 03:32 PM
I thought it was scented also. Mine certainly has a scent, and it doesn\'t smell like raw NPA in any way.

CJ01
12-23-2002, 04:11 PM
I never got a ProEdge /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

I have TE/w scented though and it´s the first product which has given me seriously BAD side effects.
CJ

**DONOTDELETE**
12-23-2002, 05:04 PM
Franki, babe. There\'s no vanilla smell in the sample I got.

Wolfe
12-23-2002, 05:12 PM
ok.i\'ll toss in a monkey wrench here..i got a sample pro edge and in no way did it even begin to smell like TE/unscented..had a very light sandelwood odor and that disapated kinda quickly.
Might be we need to get Bruce in on this..any1 knows what it is he does

franki
12-23-2002, 06:39 PM
Renee baby, it\"s got to have a vanilla smell (even when it is very faint). Or you have the men\'s version. I will look for the thread where Bruce announced ProEdge. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I am guessing that the cat pee (or whatever else TE/w smells like) is overpowering the vanilla.

Franki

**DONOTDELETE**
12-23-2002, 07:50 PM
Ok, Franki, honey. I guess I\'ve never smelled cat pee + vanilla, so maybe you know best. But smelling that, I never would have said it was \"scented.\" Stunk up, maybe. Scented, no. Much less, vanilla. It says \"attracts males\" so it\'s not the men\'s one. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-23-2002, 07:51 PM
what color is yours?

**DONOTDELETE**
12-23-2002, 07:56 PM
Hot pink

nonscents
12-24-2002, 04:30 AM
OK, I was trying to create some clarity, but it looks like I\'ve just generated even more confusion.

Anyway, since I posted last night, someone brought up a post originated by Bruce on 10/23/02 titled \"Finally! The little scented Edge samples arrived!\"

In it he says, \"They come in scented version only (sandalwood for the men\'s, vanilla for the women\'s).\" I must admit that I am just a little shocked. When I got TE scented from the Newbie special it smelled very different from the ProEdge sample I just used a few days ago. Like I said, the ProEdge really stank strongly. The TE had a strong scent but I would not characterize it as a stink.

Admittedly, I don\'t have the most sensitive olfactory organ in the world. But that makes me wonder even more about the product\'s consistency, since the differences between the full-sized scented The Edge and the sample-size scented ProEdge were so striking.

On a different note: I think the subject of this thread--I Stink Therefore I Am--would make a good title for JVK\'s next book. JVK is the Descartes of the new field of Pherosociobiology.

nonscents
12-24-2002, 04:33 AM
Could there be a separation issue in these products? Should I shake well before using? Maybe my failure to do so led to separation within the vial and the sprays I received to the neck were from a stratum composed of particularly odoriferous substances.

Wolfe
12-24-2002, 06:11 AM
shaking can\'t hurt it so..

Walter
12-24-2002, 07:08 PM
I thought that the newbie special had UNscented Edge in it.

That is what the site said when it first came out.

franki
12-25-2002, 04:22 AM
That\'s right. The newbie special has unscented edge afaik.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Wolfe
12-25-2002, 06:03 AM
not according to bruce.was sandelwood scented

upsidedown
12-25-2002, 07:44 AM
Wolfe, the sandalwood verison you\'re referring to is the 2ml freebie he was giving away with orders for a very short time. The Newbie Special that Franki referred to was something else, a full fledged version of TE that was bundled with some SPMO, and atomizer and an SoE gel pack.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-25-2002, 10:43 AM
nonscents - I think it\'s very possible the unpleasant odor you detected was one of the secret ingredients. I remember reading something someone else said about this, I think it was someone couldn\'t smell -none in any other products but thought he could in TE ... decided it was probably one of the secret ingredients (I think)

Instigator - by any chance would the ten percent of soaps that you say do not remove pheromones happen to be soaps that don\'t contain petroleum solvents (aka detergents, if I\'m not mistaken)?

Patchy

Wolfe
12-25-2002, 10:46 AM
thats exactually the 1 i meant too

**DONOTDELETE**
12-25-2002, 11:37 AM
i have no idea, i knew a while ago but forgot.

Watcher
12-25-2002, 02:07 PM
I think the most basic idea is that he is very reactive to the Anone contained in NPA, some people are repelled by it, and by wearing it you may either be repelled or just be very sensitive to the smell. A lot of peole say it stinks on them, but others wont notice much unless you OD. Females usually react very postivie to it. Remember this is the stuff we humans use to signal to others about our sexual, health and emotional states on a subconscious level. Its just concentrated, it will raise youre testostrone levels giving u more energy and even triggers youre immune system.

I recommend doing some forum reading or even check out which is james kohls site (ie creator of SOE on exactly what the androgen pheromones are)

Walter
12-26-2002, 10:19 PM
It was probably me who said that I can\'t smell -none but can smell TE and NPA. I can\'t smell PI or CS none at all though.

But I can smell -nol and -rone for some reason.

TE and NPA smell like cat piss to me.

DrSmellThis
12-28-2002, 03:07 AM
Bruce said once he smells the \"secret ingredients\" in NPA/edge more than the -none.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-28-2002, 09:52 PM
Thanks Walter, DrSmellthis

**DONOTDELETE**
12-28-2002, 10:35 PM
I think from now on we should call them \"the mystery ingredients\"

nonscents
12-30-2002, 08:50 AM
For the record:

The Newbie Special gives one the choice of receiving The Edge as either Scented (Sandalwood) or Unscented. I chose scented.

The Pro Edge sample that Bruce sends for free with recent orders only comes scented.

It was my personal experience that the scent of the Pro Edge (scented) sample was very stinky, whereas the full-size of The Edge (scented) was not. Maybe it was a quality control issue.

Wolfe
12-30-2002, 09:04 AM
hum, strange considering my \'unscented\' TE i just got on newbie special sticks to high hell

CptKipling
12-30-2002, 06:00 PM
No such thing as unscented pheromones, \'cept maybe for low conc. -nol