PDA

View Full Version : The Pit Trick

upsidedown
12-22-2002, 02:27 PM
Ok, I\'ve seen posts from time to time talking about using the pit trick.

I\'ve never tried this, but I\'m intrigued. So, I\'d like to hear some reports here on how people use the pit trick: what product is used in the pits, how much, what other products used with it and where you apply them.

I thought it would be nice to have a thread with all the pit tricks compiled in one place for reference.

Wolfe
12-22-2002, 02:33 PM
kinda new here so might be wrong but seems i\'ve seen mostly -none used in \'the pits\'

CptKipling
12-22-2002, 02:37 PM
I know its not exaclty the pit trick, but if you put aftershave in your pits before you go out (or whenever), then it stops BO but you will keep all the natural pheros.

upsidedown
12-22-2002, 02:38 PM
Yes, but the question is more specifically which -none product. There are so many of them to choose from. Does any one particular -none product work better than another ie. PIm vs NPA or TE or AE or whatever.

Just curious if people had favorites.

upsidedown
12-22-2002, 02:40 PM
Intersting approach CptKipling. That\'s some good insight to consider.

CptKipling
12-22-2002, 02:43 PM
I think people have used TE quite a lot for the pit trick

Wolfe
12-22-2002, 02:49 PM
oh my..not to sure any1 can help ya there as we\'re all diff anyways. I\'ve seen many say TE isnt effective 4 them..yet it works 4 me, even in the small amounts i use of it. But again..the general thoughts i\'ve seen leads me to believe PI is damn good, RM has potential( but most of what i\'ve seen on that is a RM+SoE mix, cant say what it is like as a stand alone)

CptKipling
12-22-2002, 02:51 PM
lol

Congrats upsidedown! May i be the forst to wish you many more usefull contributions and humourus japes in the future!

upsidedown
12-22-2002, 03:01 PM
Thanks CptKipling.

Unfortunately, people don\'t know what you\'re referring to as I wrote a post, and then subsequently deleted it thinking the post would clutter up this thread. CptKipling apparently saw the post for the 30 seconds it was up here and responded.

What I had originallly said...before deleting it...is that my last few posts put me into the Phero Dude category.

I must just say that for me this deserves an \"accomplishment moment.\" So, I\'m going to take some time to myself now to reflect on this accomplishment in the overall context of life.

OK...I\'m finished. Whatever.

biteme
12-22-2002, 03:04 PM
I use a combination of the lotion trick and the pit trick.

Three squirts of un-scented lotion into a teaspoon, three drops of a chem set mix I made, and two drops of EO\'s. The chem set mix has both chem set -none and NPA/m. I mix everything together well, and apply 1/3 (in TOTAL) to both pits, 1/3 (in total) to wrists, forearms, inside elbows, and 1/3 (in total) to front, back, sides of neck and a tiny bit in my hair (have to be careful not to put too much into my hair, as the lotion weighs it down and makes it look greasy).

The amount of -none, in TOTAL, applied amounts to 0.0074 mg.

I seem to have better luck spreading the pheros out like that. I havn\'t really tried it with and without the pit trick enough times to say whether applying to the pits makes a difference for me.

Went holiday shopping with my ex-gf a few days ago. Had quite a bit of women smile at me and give me long eye contacts when my ex-gf wasn\'t looking.

Other than that, I can\'t say too much right now. Havn\'t really had a chance to do field tests much lately. Contract work dried up + still trying to collect from past contract work = no money. It SUCKS !

cuddlebear
12-22-2002, 03:08 PM
Hey Upsidedown it\'s OK to bask in glory a little longer than that ... /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-22-2002, 04:55 PM
Upsidedown, congratulations!

biteme, what\'s CS?

upsidedown
12-22-2002, 06:23 PM
Thanks FTR! It took me 6 months to reach this level. As I recall it took you about 6 days! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Well, I\'m a little slow...sort of like a tortoise I suppose. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Biteme can correct me if I\'m wrong, but I think with CS he\'s referring to Cool Scent, one of the IR colognes that Bruce sells.

upsidedown
12-22-2002, 06:27 PM
I just re-read biteme\'s post. By CS, he might also be referring to Chem Set -none. That sounds more reasonable since he mentioned -none and Cool Scent contains only -nol. But, biteme\'s going to have to clarify his post. I\'m probably just confusing things the more I ramble.

cuddlebear
12-22-2002, 06:28 PM
Actually, I think Phero Dude should have its female counterpart ... I\'ve been stuck at the Enthusiast level for some time ... but hey I\'m enthusiastic most of the time so I guess the label fits ... Cuddles /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

cuddlebear
12-22-2002, 06:30 PM
I think he means Chem Set in that particular instance. Cool Scent -none makes no sense ...

cuddlebear
12-22-2002, 06:39 PM
Acronyms get really confusing sometimes. Chem Set & Cool Scent. Well let\'s call it Chem Kit. Chem Kit & Calvin Klein. CK -none and CK one? I\'m waiting for a newbie to use the term \"FTR\" for it\'s normal meaning \"For The Record\" and see how many people get confused! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Wolfe
12-22-2002, 06:43 PM
i wouldn\'t mind using FTR, but alas, to many miles in between

biteme
12-22-2002, 06:48 PM
Sorry, I went away for a while. Took a nap. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

By CS, I meant chem. set.

FYI, I just edited the previous post to clarify. I hope FYI isn\'t an acronym for anyone\'s nick. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

cuddlebear
12-22-2002, 07:48 PM
It used to be used to describe me, Foolish Young Idiot, however at this point I am just a Foolish Idiot. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

upsidedown
12-22-2002, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the clarification biteme.

I\'ll bet that is a pretty good mix, having the chem set none and the NPA. That pretty much covers all your bases on none and gives you the best of both worlds..

Cuddlebear, I agree with you about calling the ladies \"Phero Dude.\" I know that there\'s no way it\'s going to happen, but if it were possible, what would you suggest as a replacement for \"dude?\" I was thinking maybe Phero Chick or Phero Babe.

Ladies, correct me if those titles aren\'t politically correct or otherwise offensive. /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif We\'re just brainstorming here.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-22-2002, 08:07 PM
Pherodudette Pherissima Pherina Pherette (Ok, those last two were jokes...)

cuddlebear
12-22-2002, 08:13 PM
Actually, I don\'t think Phero Babe would be sexist. It would be FLATTERING ... /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

upsidedown
12-22-2002, 08:14 PM
By the way, despite our rambling off topic, everybody please feel free to continue posting items that actually relate to the original topic of \"The Pit Trick!\" I really am still intrigued by the idea of trying this and am appreciative of the information I\'ve gotten.

cuddlebear
12-22-2002, 08:16 PM
Well, now that you mention it, I\'ve tried the Pit Trick many a time and have not seen any improvement over other methods ... Cuddles /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

upsidedown
12-22-2002, 08:22 PM
I was thinking about using the pit trick in certain situations. For example, there are times when I am going to be around women who I suspect are at that bad time of month when -none supposedly is too much for them. Yet, I still feel the need for -none. I kind of felt like a little in the pits might give me a bit of a none kick without being so in-your-face like it is when I\'m wearing it on my neck or arms. I would think being under the arms would cut down on it\'s fiirepower, but still be there just a bit.

The same applies for times when I\'m going to be around mainly younger women, who theoretically don\'t handle -none as well as older women.

Like you said, in the end, it may not matter. But, I\'ve been known to experiment just to keep myself entertained. So, I\'ll likely try it.

cuddlebear
12-22-2002, 08:31 PM
I\'m all for experimenting. Besides, that\'s really what we\'re all doing with this stuff anyway. To date, my stabs at the Pit Trick have neither hurt nor helped, but your theory about hiding the none does make sense .... Cuddles /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-22-2002, 08:43 PM
I wonder what would happen if you did the pit trick with the -none, and then wore A1 someplace more prominent.

upsidedown
12-22-2002, 08:55 PM
That was kind of along the lines of my thinking FTR. Put some -none in the pits, but wear some SoE and A1 out in the open.

I actually tried it tonight, but I didn\'t come across any good prospects for testing. I have an almost full bottle of PPA left over from back when PAN was supposed to be the phero holy grail, so I put a few drops of that in the pits for it\'s stratight -none, and then used SoE and A1 out in the open.

Well, I\'ll try this again. There are more phero targets in the ocean.

biteme
12-22-2002, 11:29 PM
\"That pretty much covers all your bases on none and gives you the best of both worlds..\"

Yea. I ran into the short term drawbacks of NPA/m others have talked about. So, when I decided to play w/the chem set, I figured I\'d try both NPA/m and chem set -none. I was hoping to take advantage of NPA/m\'s sexual hits and still have the longer lasting effects of Stone Labs -none. At least I think Stone Labs -none is supposed to have longer lasting effects. I know others have reported that PI/m does as compared to NPA/m.

The chem set mix I\'d put together is a 5 phero mix. I went nuts ! /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

I use twice the amount of A1 as compared to the total amount of -none. I\'ve been around my ex-gf and her roommate when both have been PMS\'ing. With the mix and application technique I mentioned earlier, I think I can safely say that the A1 seems to be doing its job in mitigating PMS. My ex-gf would nearly bite her bf\'s head off, but would be nice to me; even after my having made dumbass comments and all. Before pheros, I would NEVER get away with dumbass comments while she or her roommate were PMS\'ing.

I remember the first time I tested this mix, I decided to play w/my own life and kept making dumbass comments to see what would happen. To test the theory of A1 and PMS, I mean. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I\'ve never tried other application techniques when using A1. Nor have I tried applying -none seperately to the pits and -nol and A1 seperately like you and FTR mentioned. I think its a great idea.

With 3 drops of the chem set mix, I wind up with :

0.0094 mg PCC
0.0056 mg -nol
0.0074 mg -none (in total)
0.0038 mg -rone
0.015 mg A1

That\'s assuming I did my math correctly. And that\'s a BIG assumption. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

biteme
12-22-2002, 11:31 PM
FYI = Foolish Young Idiot

lol

I like that. That\'s pretty funny !

Walter
12-22-2002, 11:40 PM
Well originally the pit trick was 1 drop of PI in each armpit.

But now its basically anything you want, but I would recommend an oil based product.

biteme
12-22-2002, 11:42 PM
Out of curiosity, how come an oil based product ?

Watcher
12-23-2002, 01:20 AM
Back that up, oil based products are best for underarms, alcohol products best for clothes underarms.
Remember the nol rone and none breakdown.

Wolfe
12-23-2002, 03:14 AM
can slow up that conversion by taking a shower using a anti-baterial soap b4 appling phers\'

**DONOTDELETE**
12-25-2002, 09:54 AM
Hey CptKipling -
Have you ever got a \"hit\" or noticed people acting more friendly or giving you more attention when you used your version?

Oh and did you have big-time B.O. or just regular B.O. when you tried it?

thanks

CptKipling
12-25-2002, 12:28 PM
Big time BO? I\'m offended! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

I\'ve never tried it OVER any BO, except if it was very slight. If I really had bad BO before I was really going anywhere then I would have a wash.

It\'s best before you do anything, say just after a shower, but also ok if there isnt much of a smell after your day and then decide to go out.

Any hits? Nothing strong actually, but things are a lot more comfortable socially, with a slight increase in attention, and *maybe* a slight dominance affect. I suppose the types of reactions from a good spread of pheros, but at quite low conc.. I have never really worn it to get hits, well not any more than cologne would bring on its own.

I mainly use this to keep things pleasant, but it does add something. Also good for a clean pallette, so to speak.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-25-2002, 04:04 PM
Put some lime juice under your pits, the BO goes away but the pheros stay.

CptKipling
12-25-2002, 04:50 PM
Thats an interesting alternative, \'cept you smell like lime and not cologne /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

How long does the lime smell last?

**DONOTDELETE**
12-25-2002, 05:07 PM
It fades away slowly. If you really want to smell good and keep your pheromones just buy one of those all natural deodorants. If you apply them before you get any BO it will destroy the bateria that converts your apocrine secretions into androstadienone and androstadienol, so it will be better to apply them after strenuous exercise. Its kind of alot of work to go through to keep your natural pheromones I just use one spray of TE uncented under each armpit after deodorant application and im good for the day.
http://www.lovestory.it/fragrances/deodorants.htm (\"http://www.lovestory.it/fragrances/deodorants.htm\")

**DONOTDELETE**
12-25-2002, 06:04 PM
Hey guys, I\'ve just started putting pheros in the arm pits.
Personally I haven\'t been able to smell anything nasty in the NPA/m or the PI/m. I put a drop in the armpit and spray over the top with a nice perfume, and I\'ve never had any complaints with it.
In fact last night I was body dancing with a prospect and she mentioned how nice I smelt, and I had been getting my groove on for a couple hours already.
I\'ve noticed that sweating and heat really brings out the scent of the perfume, and I suppose this works the same for the applied pheros? So armpits would theoretically be a great place to put them yeah?

Comments welcome /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

cuddlebear
12-25-2002, 06:10 PM
Theoretically, they would be THE place to put them, because of the sweat, but in practice I have had mixed results with the pit trick ... Cuddles

**DONOTDELETE**
12-25-2002, 06:11 PM
If you put too much fragrance under your pits the smell will get really concentrated, like if your stationary for too long esp (sitting for a drink) and you suddenly lift your arms the scent of the fragrance might overwhelm some people. It happend to me once it turned away some people until the smell dissipated, Remember stay active body heat really releases those pheros.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-25-2002, 07:23 PM
Does lime juice do the same thing, kill the bacteria that convert your apocrine secretions?

**DONOTDELETE**
01-04-2003, 03:01 PM
CptKip -
Did you have in mind a specific type of aftershave, maybe? Like the kind they would use in a barber shop, that smells like a barber shop? Any idea what that fragrance would be?

DrSmellThis
01-04-2003, 03:15 PM
Lime is one of the most common ingredients in men\'s cologne, deodorant, and aftershave.