PDA

View Full Version : Pheromax

Walter
12-19-2002, 09:16 PM
Has anyone else got it yet?

I recieved it today and it smells horrible.
And the thing is that I can\'t smell PI but this smells at least 10x worse than NPA. Even P10 doesn\'t have anywhere near as bad a smell as this.

I haven\'t tried it yet so I won\'t talk bad about the product, it\'s just that the smell shocked me.

franki
12-19-2002, 09:18 PM
LOL, I can\'t smell the a-none, so I don\'t know how bad it actually is. Maybe I am quite lucky, because it doesn\'t really bother me at all. (I guess only you and Bruce know)

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Walter
12-19-2002, 09:25 PM
The thing is that I can\'t -none in things like PI and I smell it only very slightly in the chem set -none. I think I am smelling the other ingredients in NPA and P10.

So I was surprised when I opened up the keychain and smelled it from a foot away.

franki
12-19-2002, 09:26 PM
I only smell a VERY strong alcohol smell, but that dies down after one minute on my skin.

upsidedown
12-19-2002, 09:29 PM
Well Walter, looks like you\'re our pioneer here with this product. So, we\'re all looking forward to hearing how it works for you.

Walter
12-19-2002, 09:34 PM
I sprayed it on my arm a few minutes ago and most of the smell went away.

I guess it is just a very nasty alcohol smell.
It is that I have never smelled any alcohol like that before.

Thanks franki. I never would have figured on the alcohol smelling like that.

franki
12-19-2002, 09:36 PM
I am happy it doesn\'t smell that bad on your arms. For one minute I was really afraid that it did smell horrible.

Yes, the alcohol smell is nasty...

Walter
12-19-2002, 09:41 PM
And I was afraid that I had spent $30 on a product that smells horrible with $10 on shipping on top of that.

I can\'t smell it at all now. I will just make sure that no one is around for a few minutes when I spray it on.

Watcher
12-20-2002, 12:42 PM
The smell probably fades, although it could be watered down or mixed with another phero product, i msure everyone will get to work on it.

Walter
12-20-2002, 10:45 PM
Yes Watcher the smell faded so much that I couldn\'t smell it within a couple of minutes.

It is the alcohol that had the horrible smell, not the pheromones.

Wolfe
12-22-2002, 09:59 PM
if you cant smell -none how do you keep from OD\'in?

Watcher
12-23-2002, 01:11 AM
Watch for neg reactions.

Wolfe
12-23-2002, 03:17 AM
seems kinda late by then. i take it once you see that OD you back off on the amount after that till ya don;t see it no more?

biteme
12-23-2002, 04:57 AM
Yup. You can do it that way. Or, you can slowly increase the amount you apply until you start getting consistent OD reactions. Either way, you\'ll find your OD limit.

Just remember that not everyone will give you a noticable OD reaction. I\'ve only gotten subtle OD reactions myself.

No. Not true. One time, I wore 1 drop of PI/m and 1 drop of PI/w. I wasn\'t smart enough to wear a cover scent back then. I walked 10 blocks to the bank. It was early fall but was still quite warm. By the time I got to the bank, I was sweating quite a bit. I\'m sure w/the rise in my body temperature, the pheros were being released all over the place.

There were 2 Filipino women in their early to mid 20\'s working at the counter; side by side at 2 different windows. I walked up to one. The woman helping me out was quiet. But the other one, who was maybe 4 feet away from me, stepped back, covered her nose, yelled outLOUD, \"OMG !!!!!!\" And she kept saying \"oh, god !\" over and over. All the while keeping her nose covered w/her hand.

The woman helping me out was kind enough to be polite about it. She just smiled.

The good thing was that I was the only customer in the bank at the time. Or maybe that was a bad thing. I don\'t know. But it was very funny ! I walked away from the bank laughing my ass off at myself.

I also don\'t know if it was an OD reaction or the cat piss reaction; since I wasn\'t smart enough to wear a cover scent. I started playing with chem set pheros shortly thereafter. So I never did experiment enough to find my OD limit with PI/m.

biteme
12-23-2002, 05:22 AM
You also might want to take a look at this thread :

http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB2&Number=3471&page=0&vi ew=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=all (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB2&Number=3471&page=0&vi ew=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=all\")

Very informative stuff a guy named Scientist put together. It might give you an idea as to where to start. Keep in mind that the drops Scientist talks about are pretty big drops. Most droppers, I find, will give you approximately 40 drops per mL.

Although I think I read somewhere on the boards that someone did measure the dropper provided with AE bottles and found that it gave approximately 20 drops per mL, like Scientist mentioned. I\'m not sure which version of AE it was though.

Wolfe
12-23-2002, 05:52 AM
lol..sorry..either i didnt make myself clear or you didnt read what i said correctly. i\'m not looking 4 a dosage amount..was commenting on some1 elses OD prob(franki said he can\'t smell -none)..not mine /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif. 1 spray of TE is all i ever use(base of the throat). i get to aggressive and edgy if i use more

biteme
12-23-2002, 06:15 AM
OOPS

Sorry. That\'s what I get for not reading the entire thread. I just saw your post and assumed you were asking about yourself.

Lesson learned....read the entire thread before posting. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

BTW, I can\'t smell -none either. So when I went to the bank that one time and got that really funny reaction, I didn\'t even smell the cat piss myself. It was a great, but embarassing reaction. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Wolfe
12-23-2002, 06:29 AM
LOL, wish i couldnt smell it

franki
12-23-2002, 06:58 AM
\"if you cant smell -none how do you keep from OD\'in? \"

You got to have certain limits, for example: never wear more than 3 sprays of TE. If I am wearing too much none I am also seeing LESS positive reactions than when I am wearing lesser amounts.

franki
12-23-2002, 07:26 AM
So, has anyone ordered the Pheromax yet? Do you like it? Does it work?

I promise to use my Pheromax in the coming days and report on the forum. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

cuddlebear
12-23-2002, 07:28 AM
I think I have everyone beat for going over the top with PI/m ... I actually used half a bottle at one time, DIHL\'s from 50 feet away, but no one too close ... sometimes I think you have to do something REALLY stupid in order to learn ... so of course I learn a lot /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Cuddles

Wolfe
12-23-2002, 07:31 AM
LMAO@ cuddles

Teak
12-23-2002, 09:30 AM
The atomizer it comes in looks nice and refillable too. Shame it has their product name over it. Bruce any chance of getting a similar blank atomizer, for people who want something a bit more discrete?

Wolfe
12-23-2002, 10:20 AM
discreet..agreed there

krtel
12-23-2002, 11:35 AM
Or if you\'re experienced, you know the \"standard\" upper-limit for you.

- Krish

Bruce
12-23-2002, 02:06 PM
Whooooooa.... hold the phone!!!!

It just dawned on me that you might have the women\'s formula there!

I will start a separate thread about this to make sure everyone sees it, but there is a small chance that there are some bottles of Pheromax labeled \"man\" but actually containing the womens formula. The two smells are very very different. Even if you are tone-deaf to none, you should be able to tell the difference.

The men\'s is VERY heavy on the aNONE smell and that does NOT die down very quickly and will need to be covered with some cologne. The womens has a lot of aNOL in it which sweetens the brew up a little, but what you really have is a mild EW smell which DOES die down on your skin almost mysteriously so, in about 1-2 minutes. If you really can\'t smell aNONE at all, it is possible that you are smelling only the alcohol, but it is just a clean ethanol. It just hit me that an experienced phero-user is not going to find the smell of ethanol \"horrible\". The EW, well.... that\'s another story. If you have never smelled it before, it smells like poop, espcially mixed in alcohol and aNOL. In fact, I think folks that have found an EW mix they like are going to like this Pheromax woman.

But back to the point: the woman\'s Pheromax smells very poopy for 1-2 minutes and then just a very faint, slightly sweet musky smell.

Could that be what you have?

Bruce

franki
12-23-2002, 03:26 PM
I don\'t believe it is like that Bruce. I think you can smell the EW faintly for a few hours, but the alcohol smell from the men\'s version dies down after a minute (or two).

Franki

franki
12-23-2002, 04:26 PM
\"The men\'s is VERY heavy on the aNONE smell and that does NOT die down very quickly and will need to be covered with some cologne.\"

Walter said he can\'t smell the none in PI either, so i think he just has the men\'s version of Pheromax (PM), but he cannot smell the a-none. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Walter
12-24-2002, 11:18 PM
Well since I can finally post again I think that I did get the womans version although the atomizer says for men, because it smells like you described the womens version. Although I don\'t have EW to compare it to. The scent I smell at first is not ethanol or any other alcohol that I have ever smelled.

PS Bruce do you have any idea why I can log into my account sometimes and everything works untill I try to post and an error message appears -- something about an invalid host I am trying to post from. And then a day or two later I can post again.

Watcher
12-25-2002, 12:52 PM
I find that that problems happens to me sometimes but usually only last 2 or 3 log in tries and then lets me in, i now have automatic login much easier.

Good to hear about the male/female formula thing. Just like other products here.

CptKipling
12-25-2002, 01:49 PM
Why not just bookmark the \"Main Index\" page?

Watcher
12-25-2002, 01:56 PM
That would work also. Its a fair bit simplier as well.

Whitehall
12-31-2002, 05:55 PM
Just got my Pheromax Men in the mail, 5 pm 12/21/02. Tried a spitz to the neck, gave it a few moments for dry-down then asked the wife to sniff. Her response was that it was \"subtle\" or something to the effect that she did not smell it. I definitely recognize the \'none.

Going out tonight for some New Years Eve bar action - we\'ll see if I get in trouble. Also added a spitz to the pubic hairs just in case. Used a full packet of SoE earlier at the bar after work so I\'m loaded for bear.

Wish me luck. Too bad I\'ve got a chaperone.

franki
12-31-2002, 06:02 PM
Good luck Whitehall. What cologne are you using?

Whitehall
01-01-2003, 01:31 PM
I covered with a little of the LeMale.

As I expected, too bad I had a chaperone! We were not out long (back by 9:30 pm) but I had some pretty strong hits, especially by this one blonde (mid-30\'s, 8+ easily). The blonde was on a double date and I was with my wife but the blonde was obviously attracted and I did little more than smile and chat pleasantly - mere social niceties. Of course, I was looking and feeling good so one can\'t discount the visual. The wife had to step in and reclaim me physically to stake out her \"property.\"

Of course, the wife went to bed (alone) by 11 and I was left to do the New Years thing with the daughters. Whoopee.

New Years Eve on a New Moon is hardly a typical night but I would say that Pheromax packs some mojo. The \'none smell is present but certainly not overwhelming - seems clean to me. I refreshed once that night with one additional spray to the neck and a little dab of LeMale. The spray bottle is quality although the inner bottle seems to want to stay with the cap rather than the base - that will probably resolve itself. The whole gadget is of reasonable size but I have a sporty little car so it hangs down and bumps my knee in the car - minor complaint.

Tenatively rated - FOUR STARS. That might go higher too, with more field research.

Whitehall
01-02-2003, 08:46 AM
Tried a spray to the chest after my shower during the early evening on New Years Day. Again, solicited comments from the SO after dry-down - she didn\'t smell anything significant and it should have been her ovulation time. No noticable pheromone response in general.

This morning, I can still detect the \'none on me so it does have staying power.

Eau Sauvage seems a nice cover too.

Walter
01-02-2003, 10:15 PM
Whitehall
Does your bottle of Pheromax have a very strong smell to it when you first spray it?

I have been wanting to see what other people think.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-02-2003, 11:07 PM
Got some Pheromax about a week ago - I must say I was quite impressed; good formula, VERY convenient (I can finally take my pheros with me wherever I go!), refillable (another plus), and it looks so damn cool. However...

The damn thing has a tendency to leak - not into my wallet, fortunately, but it does leak from the atomizer into the metal container, and it\'s a huge pain in the ass having to put the leaked pheros back in the atomizer. Oh, well. Nothing\'s perfect, I guess.

As for the smell, it smelled like NPA to me, and I could notice the smell even a few hours after applying (if I sniffed my clothes really closely).

Tom
01-03-2003, 02:31 AM
If bruce can sell the pheromax container with spray, I think many people here will buy it /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Bruce please try to find the supplier.

Bruce
01-03-2003, 08:11 AM
Tom,
What do you mean \"can sell the pheromax container with spray\"? The key chains have a spray inside. By \"here\" do you mean in your country?
Bruce

Bruce
01-03-2003, 08:15 AM
Timesplitter,
Franki had this problem too and we have gotten a few complaints from customers about it. I will discuss it with the maker. Please keep me posted about it. If you screw the atomizer head on tighter, does that fix the problem? Or is the atomizer a dud for some reason. If you could take a look at it and see if the problem is \"terminal\" or not, that would help. If you are out of Pheromax, try other mixtures in there and see if you can get the thing to stop leaking.

Send me an email about it, so I can find your order and we will send you a free Pro Edge 2ml.

Sorry about that,
Bruce

Bruce
01-03-2003, 08:19 AM
Walter,
Did we ever figure out what is in your bottle exactly? If you send me a little bit of the liquid, I can tell you 100% for sure, which it is.
Bruce

MaxiMog
01-03-2003, 09:08 AM
Bruce, I\'m not sure, but I think Tom\'s talking about the 14 ml refill containers. And \"here\" simply means that people ON LOVE-SCENT might be interested. I don\'t think he\'s talking only about himself or people at the same place he lives.

Whitehall
01-03-2003, 09:36 AM
The \'none smell is definitely there on first application - at least I can smell it. Others may not. I noticed it the next morning too. It\'s not as \"in-your-face\" as NPA or TE but it is there.

A good cover cologne is recommended for public appearances.

Irish
01-03-2003, 01:16 PM
I have the same problem with my Pheromax, Bruce. A good amount of the fluid had leaked inside the metal container when I received it, and as I tested it further I saw the problem.

The leak is through the internals of the spray head. The seal between the glass bottle and the spray head is ok. But the fluid works it\'s way up through the head and leaks out around the rim of the plunger top.

Seems like a good product - but I\'m disappointed since I was eager to use the refillable sprayer with other mixes, and the leaking makes that impractical.

Tom
01-03-2003, 06:26 PM
Bruce,

I mean better if you sell pheromax container (or similiar with that: small, refilable, and unbreakable, with spray, nice looking, easy to carry) at Love-scent.

But with no leakage of course /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif. maybe they must consider adding rubber seal inside.

franki
01-03-2003, 07:09 PM
Bruce is going to sell the 14 ml bottles here also. They don\'t seem to be leaking, and provide a good value for the money they cost.

They are also robust enough to easily carry them with you (in your coat or bag).

franki
01-03-2003, 07:12 PM
Everyone who wants to try out (heavy) cops doesn\'t have to buy EW, but can also purchase Pheromax for women (PM/w). This stuff has loads of copulins (judging from the smell) and you don\'t have the hassle that you have with EW.

Tom
01-03-2003, 07:27 PM
Franky,

I mean the small one, or max is 5 ml I think it is easy to carry on our pocket.
I dont know about 14 ml maybe too big to put on pocket but in the bag is OK. but mainly man didnot bring bag /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

about the table put somthing like this:
Pheromax 2 3N,2L,3C .714 0.036 0.36 Alcohol 29.95 14.98 41.95

Thanks

franki
01-03-2003, 07:43 PM
PM/m 3N,2L .714 0.036 0.36 Alcohol 29.95 14.98 41.95
PM/w 2L,3C .714 0.036 0.36 Alcohol 29.95 14.98 41.95

With 3N, 2L, I only mean the ratio is 3:2, not that the 2ml contains 3mg of none. (The 14ml does)

Tom
01-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Thanks, done and sent to Bruce the updated.

any other correction ?

Walter
01-05-2003, 09:16 PM
I think I will send the bottle to you because I am unsure about what it is now.

I will send you an email shortly.

Whitehall
01-06-2003, 10:49 AM
Wore Pheromax this weekend for additional trials - again, with LeMale as a cover fragrance.

At the taqueria, I was in line to give my order and was right behind a reasonably attractive blonde woman with a bunch of kids - obviously not all hers. I asked her, \"They\'re NOT all yours are they?\" She started chatting with me like long-lost friends, her touching my arm and looking up at me directly in the eyes, telling me she was going to go home and have some wine.

When I got to place my order, the woman there (the owner) is a rather attractive Latina, maybe 40. I\'ve seen her there previously and had laid on a bit of charm before. She recognized me and started flirting back this time. She leaned over the counter and touched my arm and whispered \"That\'s not your wife is it?\" I said no then she said \"Well, with all those kids (wink)....\" She remembered my name this time.

The next day, went to my daughter\'s first basketball game. It\'s a kid league but was held in the high school gym where two games were being played. We were early so the daughter went with her team and I moved over to watch the other games. The cutest mom there had some tight jeans over a great body, blonde hair (?!), and another kid in tow. I stood a decent distance away. She talked to her husband, an older guy. When he left, she turned to me and approached. ( I had been looking her over.) I started up a conversation but we had to keep it brief given the circumstances.

Seems like Pheromax/LeMale is a great combination for me. Sure is generating the prospects even if the circumstances haven\'t allowed closure yet. I suspect that the \'nol is opening up the prospects.

Now, just get that spray gizmo problem worked out.....

mokes
01-09-2003, 05:27 PM
Is there any date estimation as to when the full 14ml version of Pheromax will be available through love-scent?