PDA

View Full Version : Encare Birth Control Methods

xxxPantero
12-17-2002, 09:43 PM
Hey there... okay so my gf decided she will most likely get on the shot or pill, but after she goes to a general practioner as well as a gynecologist, both of which are long overdue by years.

We are still frustrated by the condoms, though, and seeking a remedy NOW /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Has anyone here used Encare or one of those spermicidal bulbs/films that your place deep inside your vagina?

We\'re thinking of using that, and I\'ll pull out anyway, but is it worth it or does it do nothing?

**DONOTDELETE**
12-18-2002, 05:06 AM
Encare Oval or the sponge work ok. They\'re sure better than nothing. Make sure she puts the Encare in as far ahead of time as it says, so it will dissolve, otherwise you\'ll be banging up against it. The sponge will make your tongue go numb if you give her oral after she\'s inserted it. I forget about Encare, whether it tastes bad or not.

Why is it taking so long for her to get to the doctor?

Elana
12-18-2002, 05:23 AM
The shot will make her gain some serious weight.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-18-2002, 05:46 AM
The shot would be my very last choice. It has too many side effects. My old roommate had problems with retinal detachment and had to have her retinas stapled - now she can\'t run, because it\'s too high impact for her eyes - and athletics was the reason she chose the shot in the first place, since it usually stops your period.

There\'s the birth control patch, there\'s the pill, there\'s the diaphragm ... plenty of other options.

Gerund
12-18-2002, 10:05 AM
---------------------------------
plenty of other options.
---------------------------------

There\'s my old high school standby, coitus interruptus hehe

xxxPantero
12-19-2002, 09:43 AM
i found something called nuva (it\'s a vaginal ring)

it\'s a once-a-month low dosage of hormones that a woman put into her vagina every four weeks.

that or the patch, is what i\'m thinking about. she will probably forget to take a pill or two, knowing her, so we don\'t want to put her on the pill. maybe the patch. or maybe the ring, who knows. nuvaring.com - tell me who here has used this.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-19-2002, 09:59 AM
It looks great.

xvs
12-23-2002, 03:06 AM
I once got a girlfriend pregnant when we were using the sponge, so I can\'t recommend them.

Encare ovals get kind of hot as they dissolve, and then they\'re a bit gritty.

I used to use contraceptive foam plus withdrawal and in 6 years or so with one girl there weren\'t any problems.

Of course there\'s nothing like the pill (or IUD, etc.) for spontaneity...

Wolfe
12-23-2002, 03:36 AM
encare has to have all the time it says it does to desolve all the way (gets rid of that \'gritty\' stuff-not the heat part though)

xvs
12-23-2002, 03:46 AM
No matter how I gave them, the encares were always gritty compared to gel or foam.

Wolfe
12-23-2002, 03:55 AM
hum..we never had that prob if enough time had gone by( Ex-wife/myself)

Wolfe
12-23-2002, 03:56 AM
eww..encare is nasty tasting