PDA

View Full Version : Friend gave me products like 1.5 yrs old,...

**DONOTDELETE**
12-15-2002, 11:41 AM
Are they still good?

From what he says, he\'s stored them in a box in his closet since he got together with his girlfriend (about a year ago). The storage area was probably around 70 degrees Farenheit the entire time. He stopped using them save a combo bottle he put together.

He introduced me to the Phero\'s and Love-Scent recently, and I immediately came here looking up all sorts of information. I\'m curious as to PI/m and SoE combo (KR#1 i believe it\'s called). However, I wanted to try out some of the stuff he gave me to see if it\'s still good and maybe works for me so I can avoid purchasing right now (i\'m unemployed).

What I have, and remember these are about 1.5 yrs old, so from what I read some formula\'s have changed.

about 75% Full bottle of The Edge (unscented I suppose)
about 75% Full bottle of Attraction
about 75% Full bottle of Andro 4.2
and a near full bottle of Alter Ego (the glass bottles)
He also gave me 3 packets of Exite Wipes for men I think (comes in silver package)

I read alot about each of these products and they all appear like quite good buys normally. Should I work with what I have here and see what combo might work for me before purchasing the KR#1 combo?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Also, I\'m going out tonight to a bar, and I\'m thinking of trying the phero\'s I have, any combo\'s I can do that might work good? I like to use Cool Water and Aqua Di Gio colognes., but I have Polo Sport and Drakkar. Thanks!

Watcher
12-15-2002, 11:51 AM
2x sprays of attraction and 2x sprays of andro 4.2

**DONOTDELETE**
12-15-2002, 12:00 PM
Okay I\'ll give that a shot. Thanks Watcher.

oscar
12-15-2002, 12:18 PM
Tyberius,

Providing the bottles were all well sealed, those products should be fine. I\'ve got a half bottle of Edge that\'s at least a year and a half old, and it smells the same today as it did the day I received it.

If the stuff is 1.5 years old then the Edge IS likely to be the unscented, since the sandalwood version was released in August \'01. It\'s also a safe bet that the Attraction is SCENTED, because the un-scented didn\'t come out until late October \'01.

That\'s a good vintage of AE. I first bought AE about the same time. I\'m not sure whether yours would be the \"Old, Old\" scent or the \"New, Old\" scent (the two were fairly similar as I recall), but if it\'s in the clear glass 2 dram bottle it\'s surely not the new, more heavily fragranced, RM-like scent.

I\'m a bit less daring than Watcher. I\'d recommend trying one spray of one product to start. It\'ll be easier to cover than 4 sprays.

I\'ve always been grateful for being able to BUY this magical stuff. Getting it for free is tough to beat!

Enjoy! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-15-2002, 12:49 PM
Yes Oscar, these do all appeared to be well sealed. None of them have leaked into the plastic bag he had them in.

The edge I believe is unscented (has a light BO type smell), unlike Attraction which definitely has a sandlewood smell to it.

And the AE bottle is a 7.5ml clear glass bottle, it has a mild scent to it that I noticed fades away after a sort time. This bottle isn\'t spray nor does it have a roller or dapper on it. it\'s an open top bottle that must have to be applied by finger.

I tested these 4 products on a slip of paper like you\'d test cologne. And I noticed that after the alcohol scent fades, they all seem to be rather scentless save Attraction.

Hmm, considering this is the first time trying, perhaps I will limit myself to 1 spray of each.

Thanks also for your help Oscar.

oscar
12-15-2002, 01:24 PM
Tyberius,

If you found The Edge and Andro 4.2 to be \"scentless\" after the alcohol evaporated it\'s likely that you\'re someone who can\'t smell Androstenone.
Bear this in mind when you apply the stuff.
The majority of people (@ 75%) can smell it quite clearly.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-15-2002, 08:32 PM
I can smell the slight BO/Musky type odor. Its just that it doesn\'t have the sandlewood smell that is prevailent in Attraction was what I meant.

Watcher
12-16-2002, 12:09 AM
Probably the scent has blended with the pheros over time, even when sealed up it will be just as effective though, i have bottles 3 years plus and this stuff is as strong now as it was then and i still use them, i have upwards of a combined total of 30 bottles of andro 4.2 and attraction so i get lots of use.
Plus all the new stuff ive brought since then.
Good advice oscar start off with 1 spray of each and work up.
Experiment a little just to try different amounts and combinations of each product and different application points, hang around the forum and give some advice out to other newbies.
Sounds like youre from australia if you have both andro 4.2 and attraction just an off guess of mine.
I would if it works try some of the new stuff from this website esp Scent of eros its missing Anone and is quite an interesting product.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-16-2002, 05:54 AM
Hey Watcher and Oscar, check out my post about 1st time experience with the phero\'s last night. Had some interesting results.

jose
12-16-2002, 06:00 AM
Hey Tyberius, use the original AE in the glass bottle that was one of the first product I had and it worked great. The newer ones are good but I think the original was better.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-16-2002, 06:22 AM
Really, how would you reccomend the use of it Jose? Should I mix it with any of my other products? My friend had told me that mixing the Edge with AE was a good combo, but of course I haven\'t tried that yet.

jose
12-16-2002, 10:08 AM
Well it depends on the user to experiment on what works better for him,I feel it works better by itself since it has 3 Pheromones already. I would put on 1 dab behind each hand, 2 dabs below each ear, sometimes 1 below the Adams Apple.

koolking1
12-16-2002, 11:56 AM
I have a bottle of APC that\'s 3+ years old and still as good as new.