PDA

View Full Version : Phero for Performance

Oceanborn
12-14-2002, 11:04 PM
Hi,

Can anyone share any ideas on wearing phero for a band performance, like:-

1) Is it better to go heavy on NOL or NONE?

2) Should I wear the nomal dosage or should I OD on purpose so that the audience can smell it from a distance?

Oceanborn
12-15-2002, 09:57 AM
Ok, what I meant is I\'ll be playing on a stage, and I wonder what phero will influence my audience positively. NOL for me to seem more friendly thus relaxes them, or NONE to make me more alpha? And do I OD because they\'ll problebly be about 5 feet away.

Thanks for any input!

oscar
12-15-2002, 10:45 AM
Oceanborn,

I\'d avoid a personal OD, because if you\'re lucky you may have some ladies getting close between sets or after the show, and you don\'t want to scare them off. Stay with a normal club level application.
But doing a bit of stage-based phero bombing might not be a bad idea.

If your band employs any liquid media effects like foggers or bubble machines you can experiment with adding some pheros to the mix.
If you\'re not a fog or bubbles kind of act you can make cheap effective phero charges with some paper towels and aluminum foil.
Get a paper towel and fold it over several times. Prepare a piece of aluminum foil to wrap around it. Just before you hit the stage soak the paper towel with some pheros and place the foil wrapped packet, opened at the top, on a warm spot on top of an amp. The foil is just there to protect the finish on the amp.

If there\'s a ventilation system on or off stage that you can access you can put a charge in that too. If you can find a return duct in a forced air system you can do the entire venue just by putting a charge in front of it. But don\'t over-do it

Just make sure that you smell good too. You don\'t want to build the phero frenzy to a peak only to get shot down as a result of over\"amping\" your personal application. Go with a balanced None/Nol application on yourself, and one considerably heavier on the None in the charges.

Credit where credit is due:
a.k.a.\'s legendary \"PI on the paper towel in the trashcan at work\" idea.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-15-2002, 12:11 PM
Here\'s an interesting article for you:
\"Whose Pheromone are you?\"
by Tom Clark
Its about some kind of pheromone experiment done in a theater. pretty interesting.

oscar
12-15-2002, 12:45 PM
patchy,

That\'s quite an article! I\'ve seen a lot of the stuff before, but not all of it.
It brings to mind a question that has plagued me for some time.
How DOES one go about getting permission to enter a convent to impregnate nun\'s pillows with smegma and male urine?

I\'ve long wanted to do that, but never figured out just how to go about it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Elana
12-15-2002, 12:48 PM
\"How DOES one go about getting permission to enter a convent to impregnate nun\'s pillows with smegma and male urine?\"

HA! Sick minds think alike. I was just pondering the same thing. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

oscar
12-15-2002, 01:07 PM
Elana,

This actually seems like a cruel thing to do. Like exposing a starving person to the aroma of delicious food.

With what we\'ve seen reported on pheros triggering sexual dreams, can you imagine the results?

I wonder how many of the nuns were late for breakfast, or never got out of bed at all!

The menstrual synchrony was probably just the tip of the iceberg, results-wise.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Elana
12-15-2002, 01:09 PM
ROFLMAO! They never knew what hit em\' /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Oceanborn
12-15-2002, 11:11 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions, I\'ll go with a club dosage leaning towards NONE! The paper towel trick seems kinda interesting.

The place is outdoor, so there\'ll be no air-conditioners. I just hope the wind works to my favour. Maybe I\'ll put a \"Peavey Guitar Polish Formula\" sticker on a bottle of the Edge and.. well.. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Bruce
12-15-2002, 11:40 PM
I wrote a review of the Clark article long ago and it appeared in a back issue of the Phero News:
http://love-scent.com/zine/issues/index.html (\"http://love-scent.com/zine/issues/index.html\")
I\'ll try and sort through them later and find it.
Bruce

Oceanborn
12-16-2002, 12:18 AM
yes thanks Bruce, I have read the issue of newsletter before.