PDA

View Full Version : Question to JVK

**DONOTDELETE**
12-14-2002, 06:48 PM
Do you address the issue of what triggers the release of -nol vs. what triggers the release of -none in males in your book?

jvkohl
12-15-2002, 06:44 PM
No, the triggers are unknown so far as I know; though release should correlate with testosterone levels. On the other hand, there\'s little doubt that -rone levels change with emotions, since -rone production is directly related to
a response from the adrenal glands (which are better developed in humans than other mammals, according to one source).

**DONOTDELETE**
12-15-2002, 07:54 PM
hm .. ok. thanks.

Watcher
12-16-2002, 12:18 AM
So thats why people react in extreme ways to change in my emotional state when i have Arone on.
The synthetics combinedwith normal arone realise gives some interesting responses and the adrenal gland link helps thanks james.

Gerund
12-16-2002, 09:55 AM
Hey, JVK : (it even rhymes)~

If \" -rone production is directly related to a response from the adrenal glands,\" does it follow that a guy would have a different phero signature when under significant stress?

More to the point: If a guy is tired, overworked, stressed out, etcetera, should he adjust the mix of pheros that work for him when he\'s calm & well-rested? To something with less -rone, for instance?

Whitehall
12-16-2002, 12:31 PM
A few years ago I was runing a very stressful, very intense testing program ($10,000 a minute stuff) when a friend and co-worker asked me to lunch. He was a decorated Viet Nam veteran, a mustang with a battlefield promotion, and lot\'s of experience with stress of the worst sort.

He told me that people could smell stress on a man - that men under great stress (as I was) smell differently. I took it that he could smell the stress on me and was gently suggesting I be aware of it.

Just what that smells like in terms of our exogenous pheromones I can\'t say. I don\'t think it is a pheromone that we would willingly replicate since it sends a signal to other people to beware and would, I assume, make one less attractive. Likewise, it would a endogenous pheromone that we would prefer to balance or cover somehow. My guess would be extra \'nol.

Gerund
12-16-2002, 12:44 PM
Yeah, that\'s the thrust of my question: What pheros should a guy emphasize to camoflauge signs of stress? -NOL would seem a likely choice. Still curious to hear what JVK thinks~

jvkohl
12-16-2002, 08:55 PM
Stress increases cortisol, and one study (like the anecdotal info above) showed that we can detect the scent of fear. Levels of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) inhibit increased cortisol (it\'s like a balancing act). When levels of DHEA are high, stress is lower, or the effects of stress on the body are reduced. That\'s why supplementing with DHEA is considered a good anti-aging approach. DHEA breaks down into androsterone (A) and etiocholanolone (E). Males naturally produce more A than E: higher A/E ratios; women\'s A/E ratios are lower, and homosexual male\'s A/E ratios are more characteristic of women\'s. The rationale for using androsterone in SOE is because you would expect a dominant male to have lower levels of cortisol, and higher levels of both DHEA and of androsterone. Thus, secreting more androsterone (or adding it to the mix) should signal dominance (or at least a male who is less stressed than his competitors). A man who is less stressed should be more attractive to most women. So, if you think you are not up to the competition (and thus will produce a fear scent, or stress scent) it makes good sense to add androsterone. Androstenol, on the other hand, alters levels of luteinizing hormone (LH) in women, and estrogen levels that feedback on LH to increase testosterone (and most likely a woman\'s sex drive) like at ovulation. With SOE, what you have is the association with dominance as well as an association with hormonal
changes that occur at ovulation, which is when most women are most sexually active. Simply put, you\'re giving
a woman a subtle push in the right direction if you\'re interested in getting to know her a bit better, while potentially inspiring her to be a little less selective than is normal. FTR has described how SOE makes her feel better, at least initially, in another post. She hit the nail on the head with regard to what SOE is expected to do.

Watcher
12-16-2002, 08:59 PM
Yeah thats right thanks Jkohl that shed some light on it, so in my situation maybe more Anol will help, thats why arone is good for young guys = they are usually stressed so more arone will signal calmness.

Gerund
12-16-2002, 10:07 PM
-------------------------------------
secreting more androsterone (or adding it to the mix) should signal dominance (or at least a male who is less stressed than his competitors)
------------------------------------

That\'s exactly what I was looking for, JFK. Thanks, I appreciate it.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-17-2002, 05:57 AM
A key thing to understand from JVK\'s post (if I\'m understanding it correctly) is that \"dominance\" and \"less stress\" come across the same way. It\'s not that the guy is some great hulking terror who \"dominates\" everything in his path. It\'s that he comes across as if he *can handle it.* Whatever \"it\" may be. It\'s more the idea of an easy confidence about his ability to handle things effectively - thus the \"everything\'s gonna be all right\" feeling from SOE.

Wolfe
12-17-2002, 06:15 AM
Dude, you\'re awesome !! many thxs /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif