PDA

View Full Version : Advice on AE

nczeebs
12-13-2002, 02:49 PM
Anyone know how to tell the difference between the Old and New versions of AE? do they come in different types of bottles? Also I would appreciate if someone would tell me what it means when some says they apply 1\" or 3\" of a product. Is that inches or number of sprays? thanks

Nate

nczeebs
12-13-2002, 05:49 PM
would really appreciate any help

**DONOTDELETE**
12-13-2002, 06:13 PM
inches from a roll top bottle

I don\'t know about the AE. Not to be tedious but have you used the search function? I think it\'s been discussed fairly recently.

biteme
12-13-2002, 09:34 PM
1\" = 1 inch, 3\" = 3 inches

That refers to roll on products like SOE roll on bottle and PCC. A person saying he/she applied 3\" of SOE is saying that he/she applied/swiped a total of 3 inches of SOE.

As for new and old versions of AE, the difference is in the fragrance. As I understand it, the old version of AE has a milder scent compared to the new version.

nczeebs
12-14-2002, 08:50 AM
Since i have nothing to compare the scent of the alter ego that i currently have since it is the first one i have bought, do the old and new versions come in different types of little glass bottles or something?

biteme
12-14-2002, 10:16 AM
I can\'t remember, but I think I read somewhere on the boards that the old one comes in a brown bottle. Don\'t quote me on it, though, since I don\'t have AE; old or new.

upsidedown
12-14-2002, 10:25 AM
There have been three versions. The last two came in the same bottle, the brown one.

The only way to tell the difference between the two brown bottle versions is to smell it. If the smell is very light, flat, sort of mildy soapy smelling, then it\'s the old version. If the scent is sharper, maybe what I would caller sweet smelling, and is very much detectable, then it\'s the newer version.

It\'s hard to describe a scent with words, but that\'s my best shot at it.

jose
12-14-2002, 10:31 AM
The original AE came in a clear glass bottle and had a good fragrance. Later it was changed to the brown bottle with the droper which has a soapy smell (scentless). The other version now has a fragrance.

nczeebs
12-14-2002, 06:10 PM
thanks for all the replies!!