PDA

View Full Version : Pheromone Study, looking for input....

**DONOTDELETE**
12-13-2002, 01:24 PM
I\'ve just been looking at all of some discussions on the RONE project, and other topics. RedHead sent me to this forum. I am quite interested as in my senior year as a Molecular biology major I am required to do a senior thesis experiment. I decided to examine pheromones for personal reasons, as well as the fact that there isn\'t much REAL scientific research out there. I believe in their effectiveness, though I\'ve never used them. A few old girlfriends seemed to like my pits though! Anyway, I\'m looking for some help from you experienced users, so here\'s some background on my project...
In order to find significance, I\'m going to use PURE androstenol and androstenone in high grade (95%-99%) ethanol solution. Pheromones are from the Chem set. The two pheros will be used on females here at school, plus I\'ll be using a placebo of pure ethanol. In order to control for variables in human-human interactions, the females will look at photos of males and rate them on sexual appeal, companionate appeal, etc. Each female will be given one of the three treatments in a double-blind fasion.

OKAY! Technical stuff out of the way, my questions......

Due to subject availability and time constraints, I need to know the ideal concentration to use for the two pheros (in your opinions) because really, I have one shot to get it right. (I don\'t want to do this a dozen times either)

Any input would be greatly appreciated, as well as any suggestions for my project. Input from experienced ladies would be much appreciated.
I am curious whether you women have experiences with androstenone/ol on men. Has anyone noticed that androstenol is more appealing during peak ovulation, and androstenone moreso when not? I found some literature that suggests so, and ovulation timing will be a factor I look at in this study.

Thanx for your time, and I look forward to any help and/or suggestions.