PDA

View Full Version : newb mixing

Wolfe
12-11-2002, 01:41 PM
ok here goes, i\'m sorta new to say the least. got a question of advanced user(s)..i\'m older male(53) and not to sure( know everyone has own scent so to speak) but heres what i need.(i think..lol). i\'d like to use concentrates and mix them myself with my cologne of which i\'ve found, `le male, to work real well 4 me..now heres whats worked so far..i\'ve used musk oil+edge and then i\'ve used SoE..used those sperately..then tryed them togeather..oh man..that worked much better..so now..how i mix these(the concentrates) to my colonge ??in what kinda parts and strenghts?..( i know it will depend on my own scent but need some starting advice)...good lord i hope i making sence though i\'m sure to some degree i need all 3 mixed in..

krtel
12-11-2002, 07:23 PM
Take a look at the cookbook: http://www.love-scent.com/reference/cookbook.html (\"http://www.love-scent.com/reference/cookbook.html\")

- Krish

Wolfe
12-12-2002, 03:46 AM
thxs. i did read that and it did help some still not quite sure though if that answers me:(..oh well..time will tell i guess..

cuddlebear
12-12-2002, 06:09 AM
You will have to experiment. Eventually when you find your mix, you\'ll post a WOLF#1 mix or something and maybe add to the cookbook, but if you want some general stuff that a lot of people seem to agree on, then here\'s a few things I have seen frequently. NOL for the friendly/social/loosened up reaction. NONE for the raw sexual reaction but not if you\'re the kind of guy who intimidates people because it can make things worse. RONE for the steady/secure/dependable vibe. As far as strengths, it\'s an open playing field on that one. You\'ll see just about everything. Same with which scents to use. Hope I\'ve been some help. Cuddles /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Wolfe
12-12-2002, 10:20 AM
i have picked a cologne that the ladies do seem to like that does ok by me too, and seems i\'ve seen it req\'d by some1 on another discussion, and that is `le male..very nice reaction from the ladies and it holds up well to none(though after 3-4 hrs a refresh on the lemale(clean) might help..as to me think what i\'ll try is 2 daps rone+4 daps nol on wrists/forearms and a dap of none on chest then cover useing the le male....Alter Ego has all 3 like that(not same amouts i\'m sure)..i just wanted to use le male as my cover scent and yet have found that all 3 seem to work really really good for me..now edge+SoE work ok..but the edge(alone) seems to make them real nervous if not tempered by others like the heavy nol im sure(on me anyways)and that why i went to a 3 pher mix with my cologne

cuddlebear
12-12-2002, 10:58 AM
FTR likes Le Male quite a bit .. I can\'t find it ... No NORDSTROM out here ... Cuddles /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

franki
12-12-2002, 11:00 AM
Le Male should be easily available. It is a main-stream fragrance that a lot of stores carry.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

cuddlebear
12-12-2002, 11:04 AM
That\'s what I thought too, but so far no dice. Only solution is to keep looking .... Cuddles /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Whitehall
12-12-2002, 11:09 AM
If Le Male is unavailable locally, order a mini over the internet for maybe $15.

Wolfe
12-12-2002, 11:22 AM
i got mine from neiman marcus, but have seen Le Male offered from online stores at about same price

**DONOTDELETE**
12-12-2002, 11:26 AM
Cuddles, do you never order off the Internet?

cuddlebear
12-12-2002, 11:41 AM
All the time! But I wanna sniff first ... Cuddles /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-12-2002, 11:48 AM
Check and see if the seller has any product guarantee. So if you don\'t like it you can send it back.

cuddlebear
12-12-2002, 11:55 AM
Well, if the stuff is proven to drive women crazy .. as your report indicated .. it isn\'t much of a risk, especially if I can buy a $15 dose. But some colognes, even ones that I like, don\'t blend with my body chemistry and can get sorta nasty. That\'s why I usually like to sample first. If it affects you the way you said it did, I should just go ahead and take the plunge ... I\'d be quite flattered to see a response like that ... Cuddles /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Wolfe
12-12-2002, 12:48 PM
i went to neiman and tryed the paper sniffing routine..le male was ok it seemed so i tryed the tester on myself...1/2 hr later i was inside a shop and of the 20 ladies in there 2 had asked me what i was wearing..4-5 others had made eye contact...now this was JUST cologne..that sold me on fragrance

cuddlebear
12-12-2002, 12:53 PM
Certainly a case is being built for the stuff ... ladies taking notice is what this is all about ... /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

CptKipling
12-12-2002, 01:12 PM
CB look for a blue bottle in the shape of a blokes torso, with pale lateral stripes. Should be everywhere!

**DONOTDELETE**
12-12-2002, 01:21 PM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif
Would I tell you wrong?? Have I ever lied to you?? /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Lutz
12-13-2002, 01:44 AM
Hey, you just sold me, too! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-13-2002, 08:03 AM
I went to Dillards and I tried LeMale and I found it smelled very nice. However, and this ? is directed towards Red--It kinda smells like baby powder and I can\'t detect much of a masculine smell. Tell me, Red, what do you see in this mix beyond the powder smell, or is the powder smell exactly what gives it power.

cuddlebear
12-13-2002, 08:16 AM
Ahhh ... Dillard\'s ... we got those ... thank you very much ... Cuddles /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-13-2002, 08:24 AM
It\'s the powder smell exactly. Makes you want to snuggle up real close and put your nose in his neck. And maybe lick him.
It\'s very seductive, like he\'s gonna be a slow hand kind of guy.

I\'m telling you, I chased a guy halfway down the block to find out what he had on the first time I smelled it. I was standing out on the sidewalk and he went by and a couple seconds after, the scent registered, and a couple seconds after that, I was HEY! YOU! YEAH! YOU! What\'s that cologne you\'re wearing?

Elana
12-13-2002, 08:26 AM
\"like he\'s gonna be a slow hand kind of guy.\"

and that\'s a good thing? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

MaxiMog
12-13-2002, 08:41 AM
Alright people, stop this at once. The story goes like this: FTR started a topic on what her opinion was about Le Male. (she liked it a lot). Months later and after having done a little looking around on the net, I come to the conclusion that I needed to try it (I had however forgotten all about FTR\'s topic, so it\'s not because of her I came to the conclusion of buying it. Instead it contains Vanilla, which I like very much, and it seemed like a classic (see basenotes.com). I tested it, liked it, bought it, and then searched if there was any information about Le Male on the forums. Needless to say, I was pleased when I found FTR\'s topic. So I revived it...

A fragrance is good to wear when it smells good, sure, but not if everyone on the whole damn planet is wearing it. A fragrance should add to your personality and yours alone. I\'d never even think about using a cologne one of my brothers use because I want to be different from the rest. Not because I really feel the need to be different, it\'s because I AM different.

My advice is thus to wear it if you like it, I\'m not gonna stop you, but please: do not spread the word! Do not tell everyone who sees that you have success with it know what it is. You\'ll be sorry later on when some guy steals a target from you because he\'s wearing YOUR cologne. I just tell I\'m wearing a Vanilla EO. Works good enough and as many people do not really know much about EOs, they quickly stop asking questions.

I realize that I\'m going a bit too far here perhaps, but the fact is that I hate being like all the rest. I don\'t want to be ordinary, so I don\'t do what other people do just because \"everybody does it so you have to do it, too\". I do the stuff I like, and if that happens to be the same someone else likes, sure, no problem.

I hate that soo much: this summer, it was a fashion to colour your hair blonde. Next year, the exact opposite will perhaps be true: blonde will be looked at as ugly, or not all that nice. How on earth is it possible that what you like at first, suddenly becomes something hideous? To me, that\'s just the proof that the person in question doesn\'t have a well-defined personality and is therefore someone that cannot be trust. The whole idea about fashion is so wrong IMO. Nice clothes are nice clothes period. Something I like know, I will still like a year from now. Something I do not like, will not become my favorite all of a sudden because someone else says so.

What I see in college is lots of people with little personality as all they do is listen to the same BS music, wearing the same clothes, and whatever just to belong to a certain group. Smoking probably being THE example of blocking your own mind, just to be part of the group. 6 out of 10 people will admit they started because there friends did. 3 other are lying when they say that wasn\'t the case for them. Perhaps 1 out of 10 people started smoking because of another reason.
These people alter the way they are so much that it\'s almost scary. E.g. Certain people don\'t like me when they\'re in group but when you meet one of them without their \"friends\" it\'s like the opposite. It\'s as if he/she\'s scared that I\'\'l beat the **** out of him/her, not acting tough at all anymore. It\'s almost funny... I wonder if they know how rediculous their behavior actually is.

Today there\'s lots of people very similar in the way they act, still, the band between this group and another group is pretty hostile. (sometimes even troubles inside the group). My ideal is more of the opposite: a lot of well-defined different personalities who\'ll still help each other out and respect each other. I think I can easily put all the people in my class in about 3 groups. Stereotypical stuff, really!

franki
12-13-2002, 08:53 AM
I think it is interesting that although there is a lot of vanilla in Le Male it is still a (very) manly scent. I don\'t really like it that much, but if chicks dig it I want to wear it (every now and then).

The (vanilla) scent reminds me a bit of the sprays my sister used to use. When she was spraying that stuff in the same room where I was (livingroom) the whole room used to smell overwhelmingly like vanilla. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

MaxiMog
12-13-2002, 08:56 AM
Not a vanilla man, Frank? /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

franki
12-13-2002, 08:58 AM
No.

Maybe when a nice and beautiful woman wearing it comes around I\'ll change my mind. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Wolfe
12-13-2002, 09:16 AM
the way that i figure, the number 1 rule has to be.. \'get thier attention\' 1st..if a smell does this, it doesnt matter what i think it smells like ..results count.

BTW Fulltilt..it was your statement i think i read that lead me to go try some LeMale..many thxs:)).ladies views R important

cuddlebear
12-13-2002, 09:22 AM
Maxi\'s points on individuality are very relevant in this day and age where everyone seems to want to do whatever\'s \"in\" at this precise second in history. I agree with much of what he says and I certainly like to have my own signature scent as well. However, if I can get a redhead to chase me a half a block, I will be wearing Le Male at least for a little while /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

That and maybe some RONE.

MaxiMog
12-13-2002, 09:24 AM
I hear ya loud and clear! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

tounge
12-13-2002, 10:36 AM
Hey Wolfe,let\'s cut to the chase, if you don\'t mind. What combination worked best for you, and what type of hits did you get?

Wolfe
12-13-2002, 12:15 PM
not sure how to answer that. ya see i have yet to get to try what i wanna use, still waiting on a shipment. now can tell ya this, i used the wrong term mayb when i posted this as a \'mix\' when it really was a spiking question.but end might be the same. till now i\'ve used what ya might call stand alones..PI/m, AE, and Edge and SoE.. now 4 me..i found using Edge R PI/m i had trouble relaxing the ladies, now by using SoE alone i get really close and warm convo\'s going on but didnt seem to get that \'oh man i wanna lay this guy\' look from them..i solved that by using Edge or PI/m after contact was made and things going good..sotta turn up the heat ya might say...works 4 me..now i wanna move away from the \' musk\' smell..that why i posted the ? on spiking colognes

**DONOTDELETE**
12-13-2002, 03:21 PM
Great Idea Wolfe. This is my philosophy also reel them in with the nol and rone and then go for it with the none.

Here\'s an idea--if anyone would have the money. Split LeMale into two separate parts. One you will put nol or nol and rone with the same concentrations as SOE. The second part of LeMale you put none in and maybe some nol.
They relate to the LeMale with each mix, but then they are easily transferred/turned over to the none from the nol/rone.

Same cologne--different pheremones.

What do you think!!!

cuddlebear
12-13-2002, 03:29 PM
Schaefage you are coming up with some really interesting posts lately. I believe you were the one who mentioned the idea of getting a mone that was \"different from your normal personality\" and now the idea of using the same scent but changing the mone from the \"intorducing yourself\" mone to the \"would you like to do something about it?\" mone ... great ideas ... did you have a good deal of mone experience before joining this board? Cuddles /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-13-2002, 03:49 PM
Cuddles,

In answer to your question.
I\'m a nurse and have had extensive experience with all kinds of people in a social environment--mostly without mones.

I consider myself to be a veteran psychology buff--more on the psychology and philosophy end of things than pure molecular biology.

I have been following this forum for about 3 years now.

Thanks for the compliment.

Wolfe
12-13-2002, 04:52 PM
that\'s kinda what i had in mind..LeMale used as the fragrance+nol+rone on the wrists/forearms in place of SoE, later as it seems it might be time to get closer..using a atomizer to load on the NPA spiked LeMale to the chest/neck area in place of PI/m

**DONOTDELETE**
12-16-2002, 12:34 PM
sounds a lot like \'cawwoting\' http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB4&Number=7328&page=&vie w=&sb=&o=&vc=1 (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB4&Number=7328&page=&vie w=&sb=&o=&vc=1\")
oscar swears by it

oscar
12-16-2002, 01:01 PM
Sympatible,

Thanks for remembering. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Wolfe
12-16-2002, 03:01 PM
roflmao..your right, i went and read what was said, nice to know a good thing seems to always come back aroundcause it works, and i need to do more reading of backlogged forums..ho hum..........................

xxxPantero
12-17-2002, 01:45 AM
MaxiMog:

What you wrote was incredible and sparked my interest. That is a topic I have had major arguments over, and so I\'m bringing it to you. Everyone has a bit of individuality and a bit of conformity in them, don\'t you think? But just because someone conforms a little more than you may does not mean they\'re not a worthwhile person. A lot of people conform because they actually LIKE what they\'re conforming to. Everyone conforms a little bit. We as humans have the need to do what is socially acceptable, for we are social animals.

I agree with you 100% on not wanting to be unoriginal, and not wanting to share secrets to my own successes (pheromone related or not). A person might, for instance, think that he is shunning conformity by, let\'s say, making fun of MTV or Justin Timberlake or Religion or any topic. He will feel like an individual. And yet, his friends and most likely his future spouse will be someone who has those very same thoughts. Not all of them, but a good amount. She too will say \"Yeah, MTV is for stupid teeny-boppers.\" Maybe so, but they play a large variety of music, and at least one song you must have been a fan of.

Those are the same type of people that make fun of society by becoming part of a clique that makes fun of society. I have seen this mainly with my \"gothic\" friends. Yet they get mad when I point out how they are yelling to the world at the top of their lungs how they are so misunderstood and unique, yet they are part of a GROUP, much like everyone else. And they tend to like they same music. Why? Because that music serves as a symbol for their style, personality, inner thoughts, and also as a banner for their group.

Just because something happens to be mainstream, does not mean it is for \"the weak minded\" or the \"sheep\". It is mainstream because a large percentage of people actually enjoy it. And here you are, denouncing stereotyping, yet seeming to stereotype people yourself, saying they all listen to the same music and wear the same clothes, so this means they have no personality of their own. Don\'t denounce it. We all stereotype, it\'s part of our nature as a social being. The only time it is bad is when stereotyping is used as a basis for an important judgement, such as a job interview or a court verdict.

And you are right when you say people change when they are with a group versus when they are by themselves. Take a group of rowdy teenagers, who will whistle at a girl who walks by and even call out to her. Yet by themselves, they might be the shyest person, too afraid to say anything to such a girl. (There I go with the stereotyping!)

I think it can be summed up best by a very sarcastic quote, made by someone who I cannot remember: \"You\'re a unique and beautiful snowflake... just like everyone else.\"

Your\'s truly,
The Devil\'s Advocate /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Wolfe
12-22-2002, 03:43 AM
end of story

Elana
12-22-2002, 04:20 AM
Wow....you sure told them /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif