PDA

View Full Version : For Franki

CJ01
12-09-2002, 01:49 PM
Franki, seeing as you are always so interested to find out more about me I have decided to update my profile.

But be warned! It´s dangerous!
I have programmed it so an alien wearing nothing but YSL suspenders hops out singing `Don´t you want me baby´ , then it will proceed to perform sexually perverse acts with you...Well I´ll stop here-don´t want to spoil the fun.:)
CJ

franki
12-09-2002, 02:12 PM
\" Europe - I looked on a streetmap in town next to the train station and there was a big red arrow and it said `You are here´.\"

Did it really say \"you are here\", or was it more like \"U bevindt zich hier\" or \"Sie befinden sich hier\" ?? (Sorry don\'t know the french translation /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif)

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

franki
12-09-2002, 02:41 PM
At least I know for sure you are not from the UK. Some time ago you had this story about the €uro, and you spoke about driving left as \"driving on the wrong side of the road\". /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

franki
12-09-2002, 03:29 PM
Since this is my thread, I feel free to announce I enhanced my home page a little bit. Actually I like to put a lot more pictures on the net, but first I have to get that digital camera.

franki
12-09-2002, 03:34 PM
I would love to put a picture of the one and only CJ on my page of course. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-09-2002, 05:11 PM
Never mind that, where\'s the alien in the suspenders? I went and looked at the bio -- no alien. What a rip.

CJ01
12-10-2002, 05:18 AM
FTR, you little perv! I thought you don´t like suspenders. Well as it happens it was only for franki and he hasn´t told us how it was yet /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif CJ

MaxiMog
12-10-2002, 09:26 AM
Sumthin\' like \"Vous vous trouvez ici\"? My French is getting bad. More than 6 years of French are going to waste know that I don\'t need to speak it anymore.

Watcher
12-10-2002, 12:49 PM
Heck now if i could speak french that would be cool, i could target all the french backpackers wondering around australia as well.

MaxiMog
12-10-2002, 01:03 PM
French is easy. German, too. English is the easiest one of all of them. It only comes down to using them regularly. (Applied Biological Sciences? Do you think were still taught new languages? I think not!)

franki
12-10-2002, 01:05 PM
Well, English is one of the most diffficult and unlogical languages I know. Only reason people think it is easy is because they use and hear it a lot (even in countries that don\'t have english as native language)

Franki

MaxiMog
12-10-2002, 01:16 PM
Yeah, perhaps you\'re right there. Though you have to admit that conjugating verbs is a lot more easy in English than in other languages (tenzij Zuid-Afrikaans want daar gebruiken ze voor elke persoon dezelfde \'stam\' van het werkwoord)

franki
12-10-2002, 01:17 PM
Zuid-Afrikaans, dat klinkt grappig. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Wat bedoel je precies met dezelfde stam. Wat is anders dan in het Nederlands?? (of Vlaams /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif)

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2002, 01:24 PM
That\'s right, dammit! Finally someone agrees with me!

(I have no idea what you two just said.)

French is not easy at all. It might be easy to read but it\'s impossible to pronounce. SPANISH is easy. Reads and sounds the same and there aren\'t too many irregular verbs.

MaxiMog
12-10-2002, 01:26 PM
Een voorbeeld: het werkwoord zijn: het typevoorbeeld van een onregelmatig werkwoord bij ons. Bij hen zou men het zo vervoegen. (Let wel, if ken de juiste Persoonlijke voornaamwoorden niet echt meer)

Ik zij
Jij zij
Hij zij
Wij zij
Jullie Zij
Zij zij

Zoiets in die zin. Het esperanto is ook zoiets, maar toch iets moeilijker omdat het niets me het Nederlands te zien heeft.

http://members1.chello.nl/~m.c.erasmus/ (\"http://members1.chello.nl/~m.c.erasmus/\")

upsidedown
12-10-2002, 01:29 PM
German was farily easy to learn for the most part, but the tough part was trying to remember if words were masculine, feminine, or neutral, and whether I should use der, die or das.. That got to be a bit much for me. I\'m sure my visits to Germany provided some chuckles to people when I misapplied the gender of the word.

franki
12-10-2002, 01:30 PM
Maar dat is in het Engels toch niet zo. Sorry, dat ik zo lastig ben... /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2002, 01:32 PM
What\'d he say? what\'d he say?

MaxiMog
12-10-2002, 01:41 PM
In het engels is het toch overal infinitief buiten de derde persoon enkelvoud. De verleden tijd is toch overal dezelfde vorm?

FTR, that\'s a real advantage of having Dutch as a native language: we are able to pronounce just about every dialect: we can pretty easily speak American English, British English and Australian English and shift between those without a single problem. French and German are also very easy on the lips. We can even mimic the way you people try to speak decent French and have a good laugh. We\'re omnipotent when it comes to languages!

franki
12-10-2002, 01:44 PM
Yeah, the good thing about us native dutch speakers (although I almost feel german is my native language) is that we can speak so many different languages. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

upsidedown
12-10-2002, 01:46 PM
And, you write it very well also. In most cases, you write much better than many native English speakers.

Whitehall
12-10-2002, 01:47 PM
The challenge with English is that it is such a mongrel language, parts coming from here and there, words from all over. It can be rather irregular.

The part I like best about it is the huge vocabulary.

Luckily for me, English is in the ascendency, allowing me to concentrate on it as a native speaker. If I lived in Europe, I\'d have a time learning another language beyond my mother tongue. My respects to those who are multi-lingual, Franki especially.

I\'m trying to pick up some Finnish but it ain\'t easy!

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2002, 01:48 PM
Huh. Well, that\'s all just fascinating, I\'m sure. But what I want to know is (inquiring minds want to know), are you truly talented liguists? or can you just speak a lot of languages?

franki
12-10-2002, 01:54 PM
What MM meant was that it is easy to pronounce english, german, spanish or italian words if you are a native dutch speaker!

MaxiMog
12-10-2002, 01:55 PM
I\'m no \'talented\' linguist at all. If I had the time to learn more languages and to speak the ones I already knew in a better way maybe. I really lack time nowadays to study things beside my university course. I do however feel like learning more languages as a hobby once I get my degree (which will be in 5 years if all goes well).

O yeah, did I already mention that I know some greek? In a few moments, it will be \"Kalinichta\" everyone! (I do not know how to write greek however with all those different symbols. Reading it is not that hard though)

franki
12-10-2002, 01:56 PM
Thank you Whitehall and upsidedown

Wow. Finnish is known as one of the most difficult languages in the world. It is familiar with hungarian, but not with english or french. Especially spelling in Finnish is horror.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2002, 01:56 PM
I got that.

I was just wondering what else he could do with his tongue besides pronounce words in different languages.

(sorry, it\'s an hour before quitting time and I\'m getting punchy)

franki
12-10-2002, 01:57 PM
ROFLMAO /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

MaxiMog
12-10-2002, 02:00 PM
To be honest, very interesting and amusing stuff really. Though I think demonstrating it will be rather hard several thousands of miles away from you. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2002, 02:04 PM
I\'m envious of your facility in so many languages. I really wish I had that. How old were you when you started studying?

MaxiMog
12-10-2002, 02:13 PM
I was 10 when I started studying French. 13 when I started studying English (I already knew a lot of English before that, even to such an extent that I really am not overreacting all thatwhen I say I didn\'t learn anything about English in school besides culture). German when I was 16 years old. I learned some Greek prior to a 2 weeks vacation in Greece. We went there with our class and there\'s nothing more fun than communicating with the natives in their own language. You really learn a lot that way. They really appreciate that, too. The bus driver was a great guy telling us how to date Greek women (what to say, what they like and all). That was about 8 months ago.

At the moment, the only exercise I get is helping my little brother while he\'s learning all of it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

franki
12-10-2002, 02:16 PM
You should add that all movies in Belgium and Holland are in English with Dutch subtitles. That is how we learn English!

MaxiMog
12-10-2002, 02:20 PM
Kalinichta (goodnight) everyone! Me sleepy and me want bed because otherwise me will be sleepy tomorrow.

To FTR: \"Tally-ho my fine saucy young trollop! Your luck\'s in! Trip along here with all your cash, and some naughty night attire, and you\'ll be staring at my bedroom ceiling from now till Christmas, you lucky tart!\" (That\'s X-mas NEXT year of course) /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

http://www.beckham-magazine.com/casual/61.html (\"http://www.beckham-magazine.com/casual/61.html\")

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2002, 02:21 PM
I lived in Southern California, then Spain, then Puerto Rico and was left with maids pretty much, so I learned Spanish as a child and still think in Spanish sometimes or dream in Spanish, and I can read in Spanish. But I can\'t speak it anymore worth a damn. Did they offer you all those languages in school?

We don\'t get to study languages until high school. And, being the slacker that I am, guess what I picked to study? SPANISH...that was an easy A.

MaxiMog
12-10-2002, 02:34 PM
Just one last thing: whaddya think about this for a next haircut: http://www1.kcn.ne.jp/~beckham7/publictraining03-3.htm (\"http://www1.kcn.ne.jp/~beckham7/publictraining03-3.htm\")

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2002, 02:37 PM
Oh hell no.

Looks like he fell asleep in the yard and got run over by a lawn mower.

koolking1
12-11-2002, 05:03 AM
I took 3 years of German 1 in High School. I had a dedicated tutor for French. I\'ve lived in Spanish speaking parts of the world. My German, French, and Spanish are dismal. But I can speak fluent Thai and Laotian. Strange, eh?

Franki, why don\'t you post everyone\'s pic to your website. I\'ll be the first volunteer. Would be nice to see what everyone looks like!!!

franki
12-11-2002, 09:12 AM
Would be nice indeed. But almost everyone here likes to stay anonymous. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

koolking1
12-12-2002, 04:22 AM
Why do you think that is Franki?

franki
12-12-2002, 08:10 AM
You shouldn\'t ask me that question. Ask the people who want to stay anonymous.

koolking1
12-12-2002, 08:09 PM
Secret Agents???

**DONOTDELETE**
12-12-2002, 08:31 PM
They could tell you. But then they\'d have to kill you.

koolking1
12-13-2002, 05:39 AM
ok, you have made me a believer. But then, why reveal yourselves, you could post fake pics!!!

**DONOTDELETE**
12-13-2002, 10:15 PM
Seems to me, staying anonymous allows you to just imagine what the other person is like. Enhances the lines of communication, IMHO.

franki
12-14-2002, 06:00 AM
Fake pictures wouldn\'t do if you are going to visit pheromone conventions in the future. I think when people know your picture (or voice) they will see you as more familiar and maybe more sympathetic.

At least it worked that way with me when I saw Bruce\'s pictures ./ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Whitehall
12-14-2002, 09:19 AM
For what it\'s worth, I\'d post a photo but I need a host site to store it. Any offers?

franki
12-14-2002, 12:10 PM
We could ask Bruce to make a photo page or I could make a little photo page at geocities. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

We need a number of people who are going to send their pictures.

upsidedown
12-14-2002, 12:24 PM
If such a page is put into existence, I would suggest that it only be accessible to registered members of this forum, and not just anybody who happens upon this site.

I don\'t think it should be viewable by all those who just lurk and never bother registering.

Or, maybe rather than having a web page, somebody can act as a clearing house for those who wish to participate. Those who wish to participate can send their photos to this person along with their email addresses. Then, this person can collect all the photos and email them to all the participating members. That way the photos will be available to all the regular forum members, but won\'t be out there on the web for the whole world to see. This would protect those who want some privacy on this forum.

franki
12-14-2002, 12:56 PM
\"Those who wish to participate can send their photos to this person along with their email addresses. Then, this person can collect all the photos and email them to all the participating members.\"

That sounds good in theory, but I don\'t think that is going to work out right. I am afraid people will start to spread pictures.

Now, we could hide the URL somewhere, so that not everyone immediately finds out about them.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-14-2002, 01:02 PM
Look. Don\'t put pictures on the internet if you don\'t want people to see them. Period. I don\'t care who says what. Pictures will get around. I should know, shouldn\'t I? /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif Let\'s don\'t start secret stuff because my crystal ball says somebody will end up being upset in the end, one way or another. Right? I agree with Franki, \'cause he\'s cool like Fonzie. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

franki
12-14-2002, 01:05 PM
LOL. Don\'t get me started about Fonzie FullTilt. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

She is right I think. The pictures will get around. Someone could easily send some fake picture and have access to all to the other pictures to spread them around.