PDA

View Full Version : Leg Kicking??

Mtnjim
12-09-2002, 12:20 PM
Quick question. Yesterday I was watching (American) football with a female friend. She was sitting a few feet away with her legs crossed at the knee. All of a sudden, she started kicking the top one (swinging it up and down), sometimes really actively, sometime very quietly. My question is does this \"mean\" anything as far as body language--like hari flipping?

**DONOTDELETE**
12-09-2002, 12:36 PM
It means she\'s bored.

My mother kicks her leg like that. It means she wants to get up and do something else.

Elana
12-09-2002, 12:37 PM
Yes, bored...I do that when I have a lot of energy and I want to get up and go.

krtel
12-09-2002, 12:38 PM
Well, if I didn\'t know any better (I do now /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif) I would assume it would be a hit. lol.

- Krish

camusflage
12-09-2002, 01:00 PM
Bored, perhaps. One other possible explanation is that it was partially bored, but also partially an \"OK, fun time\'s over--now pay attention to me!\" type of thing.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-09-2002, 01:10 PM
She definitely wanted a change in activity. Whether what she wanted would have been sexual or not, I have my doubts about. That kind of leg kicking usually means bored+impatient. Which usually gets you pushed away, I think.

How did she act otherwise?

Mtnjim
12-09-2002, 01:39 PM
\"How did she act otherwise?\"

Actully, she fell asleep--she had worked all night. After she had naped a bit she got back into the game.

She seemed really glad to have me there-she had called me to come over.

belgareth
12-09-2002, 02:19 PM
I see a similar behavoir in my granddaughter when she is exausted and trying to stay awake.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-09-2002, 02:21 PM
Yeah, maybe just tired/bored with football but willing to sit through it for the sake of your company?

Goddess
12-09-2002, 02:29 PM
Maybe you were just slow on the uptake and didn\'t take a hint fast enough...I woulda wanted some ACTION and not on the TV screen either. The leg bouncing may have meant look at me, I\'m over here. Or...she was bored. I like the first suggestion better, don\'t you?

Mtnjim
12-09-2002, 02:53 PM
\"Yeah, maybe just tired/bored with football but willing to sit through it for the sake of your company?\"

She likes football (Chargers -v- Raiders). AND she likes my company. She also SAYS she\'s not romantically interested, but doesn\'t always ACT like she\'s not interested.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-09-2002, 03:12 PM
Ok, I give up.

Who can figure out damn wimmin anyway.

Mtnjim
12-09-2002, 03:16 PM
\"Who can figure out damn wimmin anyway.\"

Yes--and high maintenance too.

Watcher
12-09-2002, 04:12 PM
Reach over and grope and kiss and see what response you get.

CptKipling
12-09-2002, 05:41 PM
lol an interesting approach.

Grope first, ask questions later.

camusflage
12-09-2002, 06:37 PM
Tis the alpha male way. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Watcher
12-10-2002, 12:53 AM
The alpha way is quick and efficent and she will soon let you know if she doesnt want it, if not shes all youres.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2002, 11:48 PM
I think it was definitely a hit since she suddenly started doing this while you were nearby. In fact, I believe she was saying, \"Enough with this game, let\'s play our own game NOW.\"

Mtnjim
12-11-2002, 09:44 AM
I\'m not sure, just a couple of nights earlier she was telling me \"I have 4 suiters\" and I told her to talk about that stuff with her girl friends and I \"I ain\'t one of \'em\". A bit of a tiff.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-11-2002, 10:28 AM
You making any moves on this woman at all? \"I have 4 suitors\" but she wanted your company for the duration of a whole football game... one could read the \"I have 4 suitors\" as an attempt to get you to make a move. \"I have 4 suitors\" is not at all antithetical to \"I want you.\"

Gerund
12-11-2002, 10:51 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
one could read the \"I have 4 suitors\" as an attempt to get you to make a move.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely -- whenever I\'ve had a response like that from a female, it\'s always been an invitation/challenge.

The unspoken ending to, \"I have 4 suitors,\" is \"so show me why you are the best choice.\"

**DONOTDELETE**
12-11-2002, 10:52 AM
Or, at least, show me it matters in some way to you what I do with myself.

Gerund
12-11-2002, 10:55 AM
ooooooooo Excellent point, FTR!!

You\'re in top form today. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-11-2002, 11:02 AM
Thank you sir

Mtnjim
12-11-2002, 11:16 AM
FTR,
This is a woman you said was nuts a couple of months ago.
Long story,
We\'ve known each other for about 11 years-for 9 1/2 of them she was married. The challence is to change her 9 1/2 \"friends zone\" view of me to something else. I don\'t know if this is possable, but I have approached the task with confidence. There was one complication. When her ex-husband left he hit her and pushed *his* 98 year old father around. He then left, leaving *his* father in her care. I was a friend to \"pops\" as well as interested in her. \"Pops\" died last month (a couple of months short of 100), and now she is feeling \"freedom\". She wants to live her life, and I would like to be part of it, BUT, I\'m keeping my options open and seeing others. The other complication is that when we are young, we design the \"perfect\" woman. She meets all of the criteria that I had chosen except one (she\'s 5\' 6\" not 5\' 8\") I realized this a long time ago when I couldn\'t act upon it (she was married). While this doesn\'t intimadate me and turn me into a wuss, it is still there in my mind. Also, she in high on the 1-10 scale (5\'6\", 36C-23-35, blond, socable, fearless, strong willed, smart, etc.) so she is sure to have LOTs of guys after her. I don\'t know where things are going to go, and I\'ve always be \"alpha\" with her and also I\'m keeping my options open--\'twill be interesting.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-11-2002, 11:31 AM
Can I ask you a personal question?