PDA

View Full Version : Pheros in the family

CJ01
12-09-2002, 09:37 AM
Little story about a relative:

An elderly member of my family has been very ill since spring this year. She spent a long time in hospital and has not been exactly communicative, not just with me but everyone elso too. It didn´t get that much better after she was released and back home. She´s no better but is being taken care of in her own house now.

Basically she´s got no will left to live and is kinda grumpy moody about everything and not very chatty. Most of the time she ignores me and can´t hear very well since she refuses to use her god damn hearing aid which we all got for her. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif
Well I was round to visit again this weekend to bring her a meal which I´d cooked for her.
I was wearing about 2-3 drops AE (I normally wear just 1 drop)and a good dose of EW and surprise I got more of her attention and she seemed to make a little more effort than usual.
Could be that she was having an up-day but I´m pretty certain it was the pheros that helped a little.
CJ /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-09-2002, 09:45 AM
OH WOW.

Geriatrics is a big field. Somebody could do a whopping good research paper with that information -- how to get the elderly, those not feeling well, to socialize more readily, using pheromones.

How old is she?

Sorry you have a family member who\'s not well.

cuddlebear
12-09-2002, 09:50 AM
I have noticed increased \"participation\" from elderly women when I am wearing NOL also. Not in any way sexual, but they open up (socially) to me very easily even if they don\'t know me. I see it all the time, I\'m some distance away and they\'re frowning, I get closer and in seconds we\'re talking. There\'s something there ... Cuddles /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Just thought of something else ... elderly men I\'ve run into also seem a little more talkative ...

**DONOTDELETE**
12-09-2002, 09:59 AM
It\'s frustrating that people are so eager to discount the effect of pheromones. I would love to have had access to pheromones and some knowledge of how to use them in the year or two before my grandmother died at 87. I can see all kinds of applications for any kind of disorder that prevents people from enjoying social interaction - even just plain shyness, never mind the withdrawal the elderly and sick go through.

CJ01
12-09-2002, 12:53 PM
Most of my phero `hits´have been from older people, I mean older than myself maybe 10-30 years.

But it´s the first time she has shown a sign of improvement in her mood. Usually it´s like `oh it´s you, now go away´kind of thing. She´s not very social anyway but she used to be with me. This has changed a lot in the last 1-2 years. A bit hurtful really.

Well, I´ll be visting again sometime this week I presume. I´ll put a real good dose on and see what happens. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gifCJ

**DONOTDELETE**
12-09-2002, 12:56 PM
CJ, how old is she? I know you don\'t like to give details about yourself - would you say at least what decade of life she\'s in?

It\'s so annoying when they won\'t wear their hearing aids. But it\'s a bad sign, too.

I\'m glad you had some success with her.

cuddlebear
12-09-2002, 01:59 PM
I would also be interested in the results ... Cuddles

frenchie
12-10-2002, 12:37 AM
This is a nice story, CJ... it just shows that pheros may have an effect on human relationships (and not only sex).
If this makes your relative and yourself happier when you meet, it\'s good !

Frenchie :-)

koolking1
12-10-2002, 03:43 AM
Age is no barrier to pheromone influence in my experience. One day at work I was wearing (laughing, like in using) and this elderly woman engaged me in conversation - mostly blurting about smoking marijuana!!! This was in a staid New England town.

CJ01
12-10-2002, 05:32 AM
She´s 75, I wasn´t totally certain so I checked. You´re right it IS a bad sign, especially when it´s someone who is not easiy to reason with. And it´s kind of inconsiderate too, her whole attittude. UGH, but there´s not much I can do so I just grin and bear it. CJ /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2002, 05:55 AM
They start to withdraw, and refusing to wear their hearing aids is part of that withdrawal. Although sometimes their hearing aids are uncomfortable or not properly adjusted so they\'re a nuisance that doesn\'t help anything. But if the hearing aids work fine and are fitted properly and the person won\'t wear them ... they don\'t want to participate in conversation anymore and are grouchy, it\'s symptoms of depression, which is often overlooked in the elderly. Might be worth mentioning to whoever is her primary caretaker to have her evaluated for depression.

CJ01
12-13-2002, 10:52 AM
Well, here´s my update on this `experiment´ sadly I have nothing positive to report.

I got a phone call yesterday telling me that she´s been taking into hospital on wednesday. I´ve been round to visit her but things are not well at all. To cut a long story short I had been told by the doctor (I rang him up) that if I want to see her I better be quick -it´s that bad.
He wasn´t exaggerating, she barely noticed me, and was totally incapable of speaking at all...

Nothing out of the ordinary happened at the hospital, if it did I just didn´t register it.

Looks like we´re gonna have a really [bad word] x-mas this year.

The pheros seemed to make no impression on her at all. I found out though that she´d recieved extremely strong sedatives and painkillers when I spoke to one of the nurses, so this is one reason why she wasn´t up to much when I was there. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

Well there was noone else to impress with my pheros, not that I was in much of a mood anyway...

I´ll see what happens tomorrow, if I go. Maybe I have more positive news.

CJ

**DONOTDELETE**
12-13-2002, 10:55 AM
CJ, I\'m so sorry.

cuddlebear
12-13-2002, 11:37 AM
My condolences to you, CJ. I think there\'s some potential in using mones to get more social participation from the elderly. But if she was drugged up, then it was all probably for naught. Without the sedatives, there may have been a positive response. But enough science, CJ I hope you can still have a merry, blessed Xmas even with all that\'s going on. And you know we\'re with you ... Cuddles