PDA

View Full Version : metal + SOE + Soap = Cat piss smell

**DONOTDELETE**
12-08-2002, 06:50 PM
i noticed that everytime i have SOE on my wrists, the side that always smell like cat piss is the side with my watch. it has a metal band. no i don\'t know what kind of metal.

SOE seems ok until i go and wash my hands. the SOE, a bit of soap, water and the metal combine to make a nasty cat pee smell. the other wrist, on the other hand (no pun intended), smells fine. just diluted SOE.

i have to take an old observation back. it seems that chlorine doesn\'t seem to do anything to SOE. i only notice the cat pee smell on the wrist with the watch, after washing my hands.

fiddler

upsidedown
12-08-2002, 07:16 PM
You know, now that you mention it, I remember when I first started wearing pheromones that I also noticed that my metal watch band also seemed to change the scent of whatever I put on that wrist, so I stopped putting stuff where it would come in contact with the watch.

I had forgotten that until you mentioned this just now. As best I can recall, it was also SoE that seemed to \"turn\" on me when it was put in contact with the watch band.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-08-2002, 08:24 PM
Thats a metal band for both of you right? Not an \"el cheapo\" watch with a rubber band like I have? lol

CptKipling
12-09-2002, 06:03 PM
ok I think we need to clear one thing up, first it was chlorine, now metal and soap...

You get get piss when SOE goes rancid as a result of your sweat and heat, and also the concentration of bacteria on your skin at the application point. This watch theory can easily be explained by the added heat and retained sweat and bacteria under your watches. The Chlorine, I don\'t know, but similar principles.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-09-2002, 09:03 PM
i noticed that the second time it happened it was only where the watch is. i don\'t know about the sweat and bacteria. it seems ok until i wash my hands. maybe some sort of reaction with a particular soap, the metal and SOE making a mess.