PDA

View Full Version : Charging time?

Lutz
12-08-2002, 03:03 AM
I have seen some people in this forum mention \"charging time.\" I don\'t quite understand what they mean by that. My hunch is they are saying that you need some time after you apply the pheros and before you meet other people? Why is this important? Thanks.

CJ01
12-08-2002, 05:06 AM
Lutz it´s the time the synthetic pheros take to mix with your own body chemistry etc.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-08-2002, 06:44 AM
Sort of like \"dry down\" time for a cologne, so the top notes fade out a little and you get the richer part of the scent coming through.

Lutz
12-08-2002, 09:47 AM
So, generally speaking, how long is this charging time?

**DONOTDELETE**
12-08-2002, 09:52 AM
Some people don\'t feel they need one at all. Some people say at least an hour. I think it\'s generally true (someone correct me if I\'m wrong) that your \'mones will peak in about 1 1/2 hours and stay at peak for another hour or so, then by about 5 hours, fade out and you might need to touch up. But even that\'s not carved in stone.

Sorry I can\'t give you a more definitive answer. Maybe someone else can. It depends on what you\'re wearing and what the circumstances are. At any rate, I think you should be fine if you put them on immediately after you shower ... by the time you\'re dressed, out the door, allow for travel time, you should be good.

Lutz
12-08-2002, 10:06 AM
Thanks for your reply! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Woohoo... I am a Full Member now! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

upsidedown
12-08-2002, 10:10 AM
I\'m not really sure if I\'ve really totally subscribed to this \"charging time\" theory or not. I usually go with the charging time, giving the mones about an hour. But, I have also had really good success adding the mones just minutes before a good encounter. So, there is not definitive science on this, only speculation.

I\'m sort of wondering if the real success behind charging time is that most people overdose, and the charging time allows it to subside down to a more tolerable and effective level, whereas a smaller dose to begin with would work as well without charging time.

I don\'t know....just a theory. I could be totally off base and the charging time really may be due to chemical interaction on the skin. But, if this is necessary, that doesn\'t really explain people who have success by putting the mones on their clothing instead of thier skin.

Regardless, I think there is one exception to the charging time theory, and that\'s SoE. SoE seems to get it\'s best results when it is fresh, with no charging time.

frenchie
12-08-2002, 10:12 AM
Lutz,
I agree with FTR and would say about 1-2 hours, so that the strong beginning smell fades away.
As to when you may need to put some more, FTR talks of 5 hours. I haven\'t had opportunities to check it up.
But I think closed hot places, full of tobacco and alcohol, don\'t help. The best hits I had were when head to head with someone.

hope it helps
Frenchie

**DONOTDELETE**
12-08-2002, 10:23 AM
I was just wondering...how would the pheros mix w/ ur body chemisty @ any point if you are putting them on your clothes? Just a thought.

cuddlebear
12-08-2002, 10:39 AM
Somehow it still happens. I have sprayed colognes on my clothing when I liked the smell out of the bottle but knew that it and me didn\'t \"get along\". It is much more indirect of a contact since your clothes are touching your body and the cologne is on your clothes, but it could still be an issue. I actually don\'t have much info on the charging time phenomenon, but it could explain some of the inconsistencies in my results. Cuddles /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-08-2002, 05:25 PM
Thank you for your reply and the info...

When you say it is much more of an indirect effect, is it the same effect as if you had put the pheromones on your body? Or is it more they are attracted to your clothes...which happen to be on you? Secondly...would it work to put it on my jacket? That is 2 or 3 layers away from my body so I guess it would never actually \"mix\" w/ my body chemisty...thanks.

cuddlebear
12-08-2002, 05:52 PM
The jacket idea is good. I live in Florida so it hardly ever gets cold enough, that\'s why I didn\'t think of it. I was just putting it on my shirt and I think eventually your body fluids get on the shirt and mix with the cologne. And some colognes don\'t mix with me at all, even if I love them sniffing straight out of the bottle. Colognes do last longer on clothes anyway. Cuddles /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

cuddlebear
12-08-2002, 05:53 PM
You know this thread was originally about charging time, so one more thing, if you put it on your jacket, I don\'t think charging time is still an issue .... Cuddles /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-08-2002, 07:08 PM
Cool. Okay lol. Thanks for all the imput though. And you are very lucky to live in Florida...Im from NJ and I was in Florida a month ago swimming now its snowing brrr. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Watcher
12-09-2002, 04:37 PM
What about breakdown time.

CptKipling
12-09-2002, 05:34 PM
I\'m not sure \"charging time\" is a term I would endorse. I would say \"settling period\", I don\'t notice the pheros \"charging\" at all. As has been said before, the various scents settle down (like with cologne) and blend with your body chem.

Also you will find that dispersal will even out after an hour or so.