PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare Inc: Phase 2

**DONOTDELETE**
12-07-2002, 05:09 PM
Note: You can only play here if you have completed Scenario A (Nightmare Inc: You versus Everyone) and have a pass to start.

America, Land of the Free Home of the Brave. You\'re back on solid US ground. Your flight was uneventful. You\'ve got jetlag and you still have to get a message to FTR.

You get back home but you haven\'t heard from Elana since your last call back in London and you haven\'t been able to get in touch with her since. You figure the agency may be able to get in touch with The Watchers (no relation to Watcher himself) and maybe could call Buffy off but the agency is closed and no one seems to be picking up their cell phones. You try FTR but only get her voicemail.

Do you:

A) Leave a messege.

B) Hang up and start to search for her. And if you search, where do you go?

1. The Club circuit.
2. The Strip.
3. The Safehouse.
4. Her friend Elana\'s loft. (To your knowledge FTR takes care of
Elana\'s flowers and pets sometimes when she\'s out on assignment
but also has a tendancy to throw wild parties there to make a little
cash on the side).

C) Freestyle play.

D) Pause

E) Quit

Notes: Your house has more weapons in it than the safehouse back in London. If you slide your mirror to the side you\'ll be able to get at your arsenal. You have several nine millimeters, two .45 auto pistols, and M-16 with a rocket launcher (on loan from your agency) and a series of silver and wooden stakes. You have acid rounds, silver flechette rounds, explosive rounds, and silver ninja stars. The other stuff includes: stun guns, crosses, another flame thrower (a smaller one), two acid edged silver plated samurai swords and various silencers, compressors, flares, eplosives and such. If you\'re leaving and you\'re taking something you need to tell me what I don\'t think I need to remind you you\'re not a war. I won\'t tell you what to take but remember, you\'re in an urban environment. Cops can come after you and you can be arrested. Around your house you have different types of duffle bags, backpacks and several shoulder tubes (you usually use these for your swords much like Blood the Last Vampire).

-The Bat

biteme
12-07-2002, 11:16 PM
Hmm. Think I\'ll pay a visit to my arsenal and snag

1. two 9mm\'s with matching silencers and explosive rounds (I assume the rounds are bullets for the guns ? sorry for the ignorance /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif)

2. half a dozen silver ninja stars because they\'re cool

3. and one acid edged silver plated samurai sword because that\'s even cooler

4. one backpack for the rounds and stars (I assume I have holsters for the 9\'s ?)

5. and one tube thing for the sword

then

C) Freestyle play.

I hang up w/o leaving a message and go find Buffy so I can put a cap in her ass. She\'s over-rated, her show\'s stupid and over-rated, and the world does not need Buffy !!!

Not that I don\'t think you can\'t handle yourself, FTR. I just want to be the one to hand Buffy\'s ass back to her before you do. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-07-2002, 11:26 PM
OH THANK GOD

Although Buffy live or dead won\'t make much difference if the lycanthropes get me.

Why isn\'t anyone allowed to call my CELL PHONE? heeeelp Cool gear, Biteme, I must say! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-08-2002, 09:04 AM
You sure you have done this before bitme?

FTR maybe you should check your cellphone.

Freestyle mode.

Okay so you know Buffy\'s after FTR but you don\'t know where either one is. If Buffy\'s in the city the first place she\'ll probably go is the club district because vampires love the easy prey. So you head out.

No one questions your tube and backpack (they figure you\'re an art student). You drive by as many clubs as you can think off. You see one of the popular clubs has no one around. You keep driving but you think it\'s Saturday night and no one\'s there? The lights are on. Club\'s not shut down. You turn the car around, drive back and stop by a block away and check it out. You walk in and there\'s dead bodies scattered about. You don\'t know if anyone\'s called the cops, you get ready to but in the back of the club you see a blonde woman dressed in black leather pants and a black leather jacket and a shorter dark haired woman (lot of dark haired chicks in this game) wearing jeans and a military coat. They\'re looking around until you walk in.

The blonde turns to you and ask \"Who are you? You shouldn\'t be here.\"

The dark haired girl walks over to you and says. \"This isn\'t a good time. There\'s a killer on the lose and we don\'t know if they\'re coming back.\"

Your mouth drops at the carnage. Could FTR have done this? Even in bloodlust mode she\'s a newbie. A new vampire couldn\'t even drink this much blood, could they? What do you really know about vampire biology or pathology for that matter? Only what your learned at the academy and that wasn\'t conclusive. It never is. The shorter woman walks over to take your hand. \"I\'ll take you out of here. I\'m sure the cops will be here soon.\"

So biteme. What do you do next? Please remember to be descriptive.

biteme
12-08-2002, 09:22 AM
Oops. That\'s what I get for not paying attention to the rest of the game. I didn\'t know your character was in trouble, FTR !

Oh, you should make like a bat and fly away ! /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

I completely forgot about cel phones.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-08-2002, 09:31 AM
lol not a problem. Fun, isn\'t it? It\'s a lot to keep in your head at the same time. Don\'t worry. If we get too far off course, GOD will intervene. You can at least rest assured that in this world, there is a god, his name is Jambat, and he will intervene. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

biteme
12-08-2002, 09:35 AM
Nope, never played RPG before. But I watched a couple co-workers play an RPG once. Can\'t remember which one. Some card game type RPG.

Hmm. Let\'s see. I wait until the shorter woman gets close to me, then I grab her with my left arm, spin her around and put her in a reverse choke hold w/my left arm wrapped around her throat and my right hand on the back of her head w/a handful of hair. I make like I\'m about to snap her neck and I ask them both who they are, what happened, and what they\'re doin\' here. I also tell the other woman to stay where\'s she\'s at and to not move, and I threaten to snap her friend\'s neck if she doesn\'t do what I tell her.

A dumb question, btw. With a 9mm, you need to what\'s it called...cock it before you can use it right ? Its not like a .38 where you can just pull it out and start firing ?

biteme
12-08-2002, 09:37 AM
Hehe

Lord Jambat the Great

/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-08-2002, 02:26 PM
Jambat, a god? Ha ha. Not at all. He\'s just another hunter you work with from time to time.

Yes, you have to cock (or \"chamber\") a nine. Make sure the safety\'s off.

So the dark haired girl takes your hand to walk you out, you grab her easily (suprise attack and she was trying to make physical contact so no penalties on your behalf) and puts her in a \"reverse choke hold\" she seems suprised.

The blonde turns around and you can see plainly she has a stake in her hand. She\'s some kind of hunter.

\"I don\'t know who you are but you don\'t have to do this. If you kill her I\'ll kill you. What you\'re not realizing is you\'re the one in the bad situation. Did you kill these people?\"

\"No.\" you say. \"How do I know you didn\'t?\"

She opens her mouth and points. \"See no fangs.\"

\"Who the hell are you?\"

\"My name\'s Buffy. I\'m looking for a vampire who left a blood bath through Sunnydale recently. I tracked her here.\" She puts down the stake. \"

\"Vampires? There are no such things as vampires.\"

\"Sure there are. That\'s why you\'re walking around with that art tube like you decided to come straight from art school and go clubbing. What\'s in there? Swords? Crossbow bolts? I\'ve seen all the tricks. Used many of \'em.\" She points to the dark haired girl. \"She\'s Williow. She\'s on our side. You can let her go now.\"

This is Buffy and Willow. You\'ve heard about them before. She\'s a slayer from a small town, Willow\'s a powerful \"Techo Pagan\". A lot of people owe their lives to these two and don\'t know it. As you ponder your next move, you hear sirens.

Your move.

-The Bat

biteme
12-08-2002, 09:22 PM
Damn. A chance to get Buffy and the cops are coming. Both Buffy and Willow. I should\'ve put some pheros on. Oops.

Very little time. Ok, I tell Buffy to put her hands on her head and get down on her knees. I then ask her about the vampire woman she tracked to this place. Who is she ? What does she look like ? Are they certain it was her who decorated the place with dead bodies (yeah, I know, corny).

I press down on Willow\'s neck to show Buffy that I\'m not joking around and to make Buffy answer my questions quickly.

Questions for Jambat the GM. Are there any other doors besides the one I came in ? And since I mentioned that I was taking the backpack to carry the rounds and silver ninja stars, does that mean I\'m not carrying any stars at a place where I can quickly use \'em ? Are they all in the backpack, I mean ?

**DONOTDELETE**
12-08-2002, 11:12 PM
\"Put your hands on your head and get down on her knees.\" You say. Buffy looks at Willow. She nods and Buffy does as you ask. \"The vampire woman you tracked to this place. Who is she?\"

\"I don\'t know. She\'s new on the scene. At least I knew nothing about her until a few days ago. All I know is she\'s a feeder, possible a newborn. She didn\'t seem very powerful. Now would you put that thing away before someone gets hurt?\"

\"What does she look like?\"

All I know is she\'s described as being a full figured redhead and busty.\"

\"We got most of the descriptions came from guys.\" whimpers Willow.

\"Are you certain it was her who decorated this place with dead bodies.\"

\"\"Decorated this place with dead bodies\"\" Buffy looks at Willow.

\"A bit of a cornball aren\'t you?\" says Willow. You press down on Willow\'s neck to show Buffy that you\'re not joking around and to make Buffy answer your questions quickly.

\"Hey!\" shouts Buffy. \"Leave her alone! We\'re on the same side! We\'re not sure who did this but it looks like her work. Whatever happened it really doesn\'t matter because the only people here now are us. And that\'s who the cops will see.\"

She makes a good point. This place is full of dead bodies and you alone are packing two 9mm\'s with matching silencers and explosive rounds (the rounds being bullets for the guns), half a dozen silver ninja stars, simply because they\'re cool, and an acid edged silver plated samurai sword in the tube thing. You wish you had thought to carry some of those ninja stars under your sleeve or in your inside coat pocket, (You haven\'t been a hunter for long but you\'re getting the hang of it) you\'d have quicker access to them.

You hear the cops park outside. This being a club you\'re gathering there\'s a backdoor. You see (A) a door behind the bar, (B) a hallway, (C) a stairwell and (D) the door you came in. Buffy stands up.

\"What\'s it gonna be?\" she says. \"We can work together or fight it out. A fight will be bloody.\"

You\'re up.

CptKipling
12-09-2002, 04:39 PM
C) Freestyle.

First of all I contact Watcher to find out exactly what these bands do. I explain that I was forced to wear them and pamper his ego so that he doesn\'t get angry.

Next I call FTR\'s cell phone (I\'m guessing she is in the taxi at this point?) and figure out what the hell she is up to. I also need to find Elana, and not just for personal reasons /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif, can I call her cell phone aswell?

Time to kit up (not leaving yet but i need to be ready for trouble, learning from London):

(In all this I\'m assuming I have a good combat rig to carry most of it, thinking Matrix office building assault scene here)
1.Pair of 9\'s under arms (highly concealed) with silver fletchet loaded and explosive in back-up clips.
2. Ninja Stars in over the shoulder compartments
3. Double .45\'s around waist. Actually they can go in the duffle bag.
4. Samuri sword in the tube thing.
5. Wooden stake

And in the duffle bag:

1. the .45\'s
2. M-16 (couldn\'t be resisted!)
3. Stun gun
4. Assorted explosives

I\'m ready to go, but might or might not bring the bag depending on the situation.

Elana
12-09-2002, 04:49 PM
\" I also need to find Elana, and not just for personal reasons , can I call her cell phone as well?\"

Honey...I will be waiting by the phone. I am only interested in the personal reasons though. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

CptKipling
12-09-2002, 05:18 PM
lol

Pleasure before bussiness?? Never! Well maybe you\'re a special case, especially in your sexy outfit!

Hmm I could RPG the personal reasons to death! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

biteme
12-09-2002, 05:25 PM
Arrrr. No time to kill Buffy !!

Ok, time to play naive and dumb.

I let Willow go and apologize to her and Buffy both. I tell them that I\'m a newbie hunter. I also mention that Buffy\'s right in that we should get out of there. I ask them if they know of a back door somewhere.

Then I suggest :

(A) a door behind the bar

I don\'t tell either of them that I suspect the woman vampire they tracked to be FTR. Maybe I can use them to find FTR, and then kill \'em afterwards. Ha ha. Or give them to FTR as a present if she wants them.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-09-2002, 05:58 PM
OH! You\'re sweet. I can smell you from here. I\'m hungry...with a name like \"Biteme,\" maybe you shouldn\'t come too close just now...

biteme
12-09-2002, 09:47 PM
Oh oh. I think maybe I should definitely bring Buffy and Willow to you alive as a gift.

/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-09-2002, 09:51 PM
Firm young flesh...and they\'re goody goodies, too, so they\'ll be sweet. Yes. I think that would be lovely. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-09-2002, 10:25 PM
Pleasure before bussiness?? Never! Well maybe you\'re a special case, especially in your sexy outfit!

Go to her house, you\'ll get an eye full. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

C) Freestyle.

First of all I contact Watcher to find out exactly what these bands do. I explain that I was forced to wear them and pamper his ego so that he doesn\'t get angry.

Watcher is POed that you took his bands without asking and says you got what you deserved. He says for you to bring them back. Eventually you find out they give him control over his phero-level and you gather they may give him some other superpowers but most of them are powers based on pheros. Like a certain amount of one phero will make him aggressive versus one which may calm him down versus another that may make his opponents fear him. It\'s all based on his mood.

Next I call FTR\'s cell phone (I\'m guessing she is in the taxi at this point?) and figure out what the hell she is up to.

You leave her a messege? Post the messege you left in the Nightmare Inc \"For FTR\" link.

I also need to find Elana, and not just for personal reasons , can I call her cell phone aswell?

Elana\'s not picking up her phone but you do get her voice mail. If you leave a message for her post it in her forum.

Time to kit up (not leaving yet but i need to be ready for trouble, learning from London):

(In all this I\'m assuming I have a good combat rig to carry most of it, thinking Matrix office building assault scene here)
1.Pair of 9\'s under arms (highly concealed) with silver fletchet loaded and explosive in back-up clips.
2. Ninja Stars in over the shoulder compartments
3. Double .45\'s around waist. Actually they can go in the duffle bag.
4. Samuri sword in the tube thing.
5. Wooden stake

And in the duffle bag:

1. the .45\'s
2. M-16 (couldn\'t be resisted!)
3. Stun gun
4. Assorted explosives

I\'m ready to go, but might or might not bring the bag depending on the situation.

You don\'t know the situation but you look like a commando. As for a comabt rig, you have a loft apartment and a Chevy Blazer. If you can convince me how you can conceal all this stuff on you it\'s yours for the taking. Keep in mind the warning I gave biteme. Then tell me your next move.

Ok, time to play naive and dumb. I let Willow go and apologize to her and Buffy both. I tell them that I\'m a newbie hunter. I also mention that Buffy\'s right in that we should get out of there. I ask them if they know of a back door somewhere.

Then I suggest :

(A) a door behind the bar

You guys jump behind the bar and break the lock off the door. It leads down stairs. You guys run into a basement. It\'s a dead end. You hear cops above. Buffy looks at you and Willow. You hear the cop calling the scene in. Someone sounds like they\'re puking. Someone says \"I think they got out this way!\"

Buffy looks at Willow. She stares at Buffy and says \"Don\'t make me.\"

\"There no way I could pay you back, but we need to get out of here.\" You hear cops coming down the stairs. You look at Willow and she at you. She shakes her head then holds her hand up to the wall. A portal opens and Buffy and she jump through. Willow shouts, \"Come on!\" and extends her hand. You grab it and are pulled through just a you see the first cop enter the room.

You guys hurry off and climb out a manhole cover far away from the scene. You come up infront of another club. It\'s upstairs window has been shattered and you see a guy jerking and limping. He seems to be crippled but snapping himself back together. There\'s a woman spasming on the ground and another man tending to her.

[d]I don\'t tell either of them that I suspect the woman vampire they tracked to be FTR. Maybe I can use them to find FTR, and then kill \'em afterwards. Ha ha. Or give them to FTR as a present if she wants them.[/b]

Won\'t they be thrilled. You sure you\'re a hunter? Also you need to find out how FTR became a vamp. Your move.

-The Bat

CptKipling
12-10-2002, 07:59 AM
How do i conceal it all? Well the stars go in a harness under my jacket, and the 9\'s under my arms in harnesses. Spare clips should fit in the harness somewhere aswell. And the sword in the tube over my shoulder. Is that good enough?

CptKipling
12-10-2002, 08:04 AM
I was hoping to speak to FTR, oh well! I\'ll leave those messages.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2002, 08:31 AM
Hold up, now. Yo, GM! Jambat! FTR\'s cell phone slumbers not nor sleeps. Why can\'t CptKipling talk to me directly?

Elana
12-10-2002, 08:46 AM
I\'m so sorry FTR...I have been using your cel. phone to talk to some guy I met online. I\'m off now so your calls can get through.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2002, 09:04 AM
Impudent strumpet!

biteme
12-10-2002, 03:39 PM
Ooh. One step behind FTR. Now why am I always one step behind in real life as well ?

The 3 lecro, lecra, lera, lero, le-something or other, shape shifting panther wolfie people outside The Night Walk.

I pull the two goodie goodies aside and tell them I\'ve heard of this place and that its a Vampire hangout. Just to be nice, I ask Willow if she\'s alright while I put my 6 silver ninja stars under my sleeve and inside my coat pocket for better access and un-cork (un-screw ? un-snap ?) the tube thingie for better access to my sword.

Then, as I chamber the two 9\'s and put them back in my holsters (making sure they\'re loaded w/the explosive rounds and that the safety\'s are on, of course) I ask the two goodie goodies how long they\'ve been tracking the busty redheaded vampire in a subtle attempt to find out if they know how FTR became a vampire.

All the while keeping an eye on the 3 le-something or other.

You sure you\'re a hunter?

I\'m a bad bad, evil evil hunter who only cares about spilling blood. Hmm. A vampire wanna be ? Can I try and become a vamp. if/when I find out how FTR was turned ? Strays too far away from the game, I suppose ? Hehe

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2002, 08:14 PM
How do i conceal it all? Well the stars go in a harness under my jacket, and the 9\'s under my arms in harnesses. Spare clips should fit in the harness somewhere aswell. And the sword in the tube over my shoulder. Is that good enough?

M-16? I\'ll help you out here. We\'ll say that you broke it down and put it in a special compartment in your duffle bag.

I was hoping to speak to FTR, oh well! I\'ll leave those messages.
-CptKipling

Hold up, now. Yo, GM! Jambat! FTR\'s cell phone slumbers not nor sleeps. Why can\'t CptKipling talk to me directly?
-FTR

He can in theory but you and he are in a different place. So if he leaves you a message he has to leave it in your \"Nightmare Inc. (for FTR)\" post. Because this is an open forum you can read each other\'s post. If we were all at a table you\'d only know the overview of what was happening. Like you wouldn\'t even know that they had cell phones, if I was the GM you wouldn\'t even know Buffy was after you. But it\'s a little different. But any communication between you and players have to be in the specific post designed for you. Also because you this is a forum and we not sending IMs or such an actual phone conversation would be cumbersome so as of now you\'re in an area where it\'s hard for your cell to get messages. Maybe there\'s a lot of interference but if there\'s a message left for you when you and you read it. As far as I\'m concerned you picked up you phone and found a message. (No penalties or questions asked). Although I do have a new way of hiding info from the players.

I\'m a bad bad, evil evil hunter who only cares about spilling blood. Hmm. A vampire wanna be ? Can I try and become a vamp. if/when I find out how FTR was turned ?

You sure can.

Strays too far away from the game, I suppose ? Hehe

Nope not at all. I think this comes under the admonishment of be careful what you wish for. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

The 3 lecro, lecra, lera, lero, le-something or other, shape shifting panther wolfie people outside The Night Walk.

I pull the two goodie goodies aside and tell them I\'ve heard of this place and that its a Vampire hangout. Just to be nice, I ask Willow if she\'s alright while I put my 6 silver ninja stars under my sleeve and inside my coat pocket for better access and un-cork (un-screw ? un-snap ?) the tube thingie for better access to my sword.

Then, as I chamber the two 9\'s and put them back in my holsters (making sure they\'re loaded w/the explosive rounds and that the safety\'s are on, of course) I ask the two goodie goodies how long they\'ve been tracking the busty redheaded vampire in a subtle attempt to find out if they know how FTR became a vampire.\"

Good show. One thing though, you have no idea what you\'re seeing before you snapping their bodies back together. They could be any form of supernatural creature.

Buffy tells you she\'s been tracking the woman for about a week. She only got a good look at her one time in a cemetary but Willow and some guy named spike have been tracking her. You remember FTR was supposed to go to Sunnydale for something (check your private messages for this info) but you don\'t know what could\'ve happened. They said she seemed new but was never buried. Meaning she didn\'t rise from a grave. They patrol the graveyard everynight.

You watch the cops tangle with the creatures up ahead. The girl is still out being put into an ambulance. A cop grabs the 1st man. He breaks the cops arm and kicks another cop into the club then runs. A cop starts to fire at him. The 2nd man who in the car breaks the cuffs, jumps into the front seat and drives off. Both are headed in you direction. The cop clip the one on foot causing him to fall in front of the speeding cop car. The car smashes into him throwing him onto your windshield. You guys are petrified for a second. He growls at you (still in human form though) rolls off and limps toward to the cop car.

Your up. Need I remind you you\'re not cops and you personally work for a NI (and it\'s secret organization).

biteme
12-10-2002, 09:02 PM
Jambat, I checked My Home, but there\'s no PM.

Also, you mentioned that \"The cop clip the one on foot causing him to fall in front of the speeding cop car. The car smashes into him throwing him onto your windshield.\"

Does that mean that we\'re in a car now ?

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2002, 11:21 PM
Check your Love Scent PM. You should have a flashing \"letter\" symbol on you page when you come to the forum (usually in the upper left or right hand corners) click on it.

And yes you are now in your car. (I figured you weren\'t going to walk around the city). /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

-The Bat

biteme
12-11-2002, 09:59 PM
Got the PM, Jambat !

Quick question before I make my next move. Am I supposed the keep the PM info to myself ? I was going to ask the goodie goodies if they\'d ever heard of so-and-so as part of my next move.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-12-2002, 06:16 PM
You can ask the question but keep the reason you\'re asking to yourself.

-The Bat