PDA

View Full Version : NPA - Does it smell?

alien2002
11-27-2002, 10:39 AM
Hi ppl
Does your NPA smell? I just put some on and I only feel the smell of pure alchool... Isn\'t it supposed to have a distinct odor besides alchool?

Mtnjim
11-27-2002, 10:48 AM
Some people can\'t smell -none. You might be one.

CJ01
11-27-2002, 11:17 AM
Both NPA versions stink. Sounds like you ideed can not smell the -none. This means that you are spared with the awful smell but also have to be very careful when applying the stuff.
CJ

CJ01
11-27-2002, 11:19 AM
I do wonder if the percentage of peole who cannot smell -none are also unable to smell the copulins? Any info on this one?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-27-2002, 11:30 AM
I don\'t think anybody can smell the copulins in PCC and PI/W -- only in EW.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-27-2002, 12:29 PM
And even in EW, is it the copulin we are smelling or some damn added chemical ?

CJ01
11-27-2002, 01:01 PM
FTR I can smell them! In the beginning I could detect them in PI/w AND also in PCC although they´re very faint.

CJ01
11-27-2002, 01:03 PM
Alchemist it is the copulins and not the added chemicals.

Bruce
11-27-2002, 02:25 PM
It is rare, but there are definitely males who can clearly identify the smell of the copulins in PI/w. I get an email from one every now and then.

Bruce

Bruce
11-27-2002, 02:27 PM
Yes, there is definitely a strong smell (odor?) to NPA. There are at least two distinct agents in the formula which have unique smells which can be detected by well over half the population and are not totally unlike BO, so be careful. NPA is made to be used with a cologne of some sort.

Bruce

Bruce
11-27-2002, 02:30 PM
CJ,
According to the Nat. Geo. survey study on smelling ability, and reported on in James Kohl\'s book Scent of Eros, 1 out of 4 US males can not detect a smell to androstenone.

Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
11-27-2002, 02:54 PM
I didn\'t try NPA but if TE is nothing more than a diluted version of NPA, I can smell it more than in the chemset none. Maybe it\'s the secret ingredient... Anyway, in reasonable amount I don\'t find it offensive but it is a BO kind of smell. Artfully mixed with musky/woody EOs, it\'s great. Its \"animal\" kind of smell probably replace very well the almost impossible to get deer musk and civet used in some vintage high end perfumes. I may eventually switch to this source of \'none when I get out of chem set \'none.

So is TE just a diluted NPA or does it smell very different ?

Bruce
11-27-2002, 03:55 PM
Yes, Edge is just a diluted NPA.
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
11-27-2002, 05:15 PM
Get out! That amazes me. I can smell baby powder from 4-5 feet away on a guy, and I can\'t smell copulins in PCC at ALL. I smell the cover scent, and even that fades almost completely very quickly. Does it smell like cooter, or what?

sophie
11-27-2002, 08:34 PM
I have occasionally whiffed that copulin smell in PCC; this may be considered raw, but have you ever gone in a heavily used bathroom stall (women\'s room) and smelled a \"certain smell\" that is probably copulins. I used to smell it when I worked in a big office with lots of women, but I didn\'t know what it was. Now I know since I catch a whiff now and then with PCC. It\'s not offensive, just unique.

another story on PCC: once when I was in my experimental days, I used some PCC at work to test its effects, and this really macho/alpha guy who was nearby had his eyes nearly bug out of his head. I know he smelled it, and ever since that time he pays me a lot of attention when I see him. I think some men are more sensitive to it than others, but there is definitely something there, we just don\'t always smell it as women, because it\'s not what we\'re looking for, in a mate (I guess).

alien2002
11-28-2002, 04:49 AM
It is most intriguing: I am able to smell none in NPA, but only in the morning. It\'s not an unpleasant odour, it\'s just not a \"perfume\" like one. Curious thing in the morning I almoust didn\'t feel the alchool smell at all, only the none, but when I came home from work and smelled it, it was just pure alchool again. Even if I can\'t sense it, I noticed that it has a calming efect when I smell it, I\'m feeling more relaxed and confident. Could this be possible or is just my imagination?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-28-2002, 05:49 AM
Your testosterone is higher in the morning. I wonder if that could have something to do with it.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-28-2002, 06:04 PM
That\'s normal.

Great wine tasters (and perfumers) work in the lab only on the morning because of that.

After a whole day of smelling evry kind of smell, our nose goes numb.

koolking1
11-29-2002, 08:16 AM
NPA - yikes. Girlfriend and I were invited to a small \"swingers\" party and I managed to get a tad drunk rather quickly. I had brought the mones along and put one dab of NPA on myself to gauge the reaction. It was not a good night for me. I stunk in more than one way.