PDA

View Full Version : Lucidril

Walter
11-25-2002, 12:22 PM
Has anyone taking smart drugs found a generic source for Lucidril since it has been discountinued by the manufacturer?

Or should I just continue taking DMAE instead? I was just wanting to try Lucidril.

I first learned about smart drugs from this fourm last January when Nutt (i believe) asked about them. I would like to thank Bruce and Whitehall for the information they shared back them because it made me courious enough to try them and they work great. (But they don\'t do sh*t to improve my spelling)

Bruce
11-25-2002, 01:15 PM
I had been taking Piracetam, Lucidril and Hydergine for years with good results. Well, you can be the judge of that I guess. Anyway, yes Lucidril has been discontinued by the maker. I asked the folks at Quality Health, my favorite supplier about the problem and got this response.
-------
Hello Bruce

We are sorry to report that Lipha Sante in France will no longer be manufacturing Lucidril. The reason they gave was that they were not selling enough of this product. In these days of shrinking stock markets, the big pharmaceutical companies only want to manufacture medicines that make them millions in profits. What a shame!

We have just signed a contract with a pharmaceutical company to have a generic Centrophenoxine manufactured. We expect to begin offering this later in November.

Thank you for your patience in this matter. Please check our web site for further developments later in the month.

We have added your request to our database.

Be Well

QHI
---------

I haven\'t checked lately, but they may have it in already.

Bruce

Walter
11-25-2002, 10:46 PM
Thanks Bruce.

I\'ll check QHI out.

I\'ve looked at NuBrain and IAS but they said pretty much the same thing as your email from QHI said.

Nutt
11-26-2002, 12:09 AM
I can\'t say I use them every day, but I oftain load up for a week or so if I have a big test or soemthing coming up , and It definatly seems to make a difference :-)

I\'ve used QHI with no problems too. ( I\'m UK)

Bruce
11-26-2002, 06:20 AM
I wrote QHI for an update.
--------
Hello Bruce

We have just signed a contract with a pharmaceutical company to have a generic Centrophenoxine manufactured. We expect to begin offering this later in December.

Be Well

QHI
--------
Bruce

HB_88
11-26-2002, 11:33 PM
QHI truly is a great company. It\'s great to see that Bruce and others have discovered it as well. Though I was more impressed with Lucidril than raw DMAE (Lucidril is easier by far to digest), both give me neck pains. Galantamine, which is more expensive than either Lucidril or DMAE, works better for me in terms of boosting choline levels... I don\'t understand exactly how it works, but it seems that it\'s an anti-anti-cholinergic: it blocks whatever it is that ordinarily gets rid of choline. Also, galantamine isn\'t a pain in the neck.

Nothing I ever say, here or anywhere else, replaces the advice of a physician.

HB_88

Walter
11-27-2002, 12:10 AM
I looked at the galantamine and it looks interesting.
But it cost a bit more than I was planning on spending and I also am using Huperzine A which does about the same as galantamine, from what I have read, but cost less. I would like to try galantamine to see if it is better though.

I have gotten pretty good results from the DMAE but I read that Lucidril was more powerful and wanted to try it. I don\'t get neck pains from the DMAE but I do get an occasional headache if I take too much.

Thanks for the info HB_88.

PS Thanks for the update Bruce. The other companies would only say they expected to get the Centrophenoxine in \"sometime soon\".

Bruce
11-27-2002, 07:37 AM
The famous Folkes/Dean book on smart drugs strongly recommends supplementing choline whenever taking smart drugs. I have always followed that advice. You can get the supplement at any health food store. There are two of those \"Smart Drugs\" books out and both important reading on the subject. I read somewhere that a part 3 is on the way. Anyone seen it?
Bruce

Walter
11-27-2002, 05:27 PM
I have the first \"Smart Drugs\" book and ordered the second one and it should be in Friday. It has a lot of information on a lot of these drugs. The book is one of the reasons that I wanted to try Lucidril. It says that it is similar to DMAE but more powerful.

Also it said that DMAE is choline with one methyl group of it, so that it can pass the blood-brain barrier and can easily be turned into choline. But I take soy lecithin with PC (phosphatidyl choline) and it enhances the DMAE in my opinion.

HB_88 -- It should also be more gentle in its effects so that the neck aches might not occur.

CptKipling
11-28-2002, 07:16 AM
Smart drugs?

Bruce
11-28-2002, 11:49 AM
Check out this website for starters:
http://www.ceri.com/ (\"http://www.ceri.com/\")

Next time you are in a bookstore find the book Smart Drugs and Nutrients by Ward Dean and ?? Morganthaler.

Bruce

CptKipling
11-30-2002, 09:33 AM
Thanks Bruce!