PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO MIX NPA AND A COLOGNE

**DONOTDELETE**
11-16-2002, 02:27 AM
I have just received NPA for the first time and I would like to mix it with my cologne (Aramis). I have not received any sheet from Bruce explaining the best ratio between NPA and cologne. I have an atomizer. Does anyone know what this ratio should be?

Thanks.

EXIT63
11-16-2002, 09:12 AM
You have to experiment so make small batches.
Try 9 to 1
8 to 2 or
7 to 3.
(the higher number is the cologne).

**DONOTDELETE**
11-16-2002, 10:40 AM
JORDI: take a look at the Cookbook for some details about cologne spiking with NPA. I personally use Cologne + NPA @ 5:1 ... In my experience using more NPA than that results in tainting the scent too much (even if it\'s cologne-dependant of course), so you might start from there and then work on it.

There used to be an info sheet that came with every NPA order: from that paper you could read that the recommended ratios are 5:1 and 4:1.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-16-2002, 06:24 PM
Thank you, Nimbus. Where is the cookbook you are referring to?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-16-2002, 07:32 PM
Go to top of page click on Pheromone Reference Material and look for cook book.
Or http://www.love-scent.com/reference/cookbook.html (\"http://www.love-scent.com/reference/cookbook.html\")

Whitehall
11-18-2002, 11:39 AM
Just a note: Mixed some Dunhill Desire with NPA at a 2:1 ratio a couple of months ago. Wore some this weekend and I couldn\'t smell the NPA! I would suppose you could call Desire a good cover scent. It does have a unique apple smell to it that is sexually appealing on its own.

Another good cover for NPA is Creed Green Irish Tweed. Using it at 5:1 and it could probably take 3:1.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-18-2002, 11:49 AM
\"a couple of months ago\" is the key.

When someone mix oils and alcohol to create a perfume, he also have to let it age for a bit (well, at least a week minimum)... I assume it is the same when you mix cologne + phero to create a new perfume.

I also observed that the (chem set) phero smell is more prominent in a musky pleasant kind of way after 1-2 week mixed in my EO perfume.