PDA

View Full Version : The Jasmine essential oil

**DONOTDELETE**
11-14-2002, 06:14 PM
I got the jasmine, citrus and musk Super Primal Oils with the chem set.
I opened the Jasmine to take a whiff and a dripped a bit on a towel that was on the counter in the bathroom. I also got some SPMO on myfinger when I opened that one (both filled right to the edge) and wiped it on the same towel. Well two days later I\'m doin\' some laundry (hurrah for laundry night...blech) and there\'s almost an Old Spice smell coming from the towel.
What\'s the chance of that?
W.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-14-2002, 06:52 PM
Damn synthetic fake oils...

SwingerMD
11-14-2002, 07:20 PM
The real stuff is very . . . very expensive /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif . Haven\'t decided what to do with the 8 dram vial of Jasmine EO that I have.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-14-2002, 08:40 PM
yup... Jasmine sambac absolute from Oshadhi is about 30$ for 1 ml.

Even more expensive is the Bulgarian Rose at 50$ for 1ml.

Of course you have to understand that it takes a whole rose garden to make 1 ml and that it must be used highly diluted. Think of the cost of a dozen of rose...

DrSmellThis
11-14-2002, 10:39 PM
I like 10% strength in jojoba for both jasmine and rose. It\'s kind of cool to mix a bit of SP jasmine in with the real stuff, to enhance the top note.

I think it even smells better diluted.

SwingerMD
11-14-2002, 11:45 PM
Thanks Doc! Right now I\'m looking at all the things that I have right now and see what mixes I can prep for testing for an upcoming weeklong swingcamp around New Year\'s. Expect another long telling of my (mis)adventures sometime in Jan. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

DrSmellThis
11-14-2002, 11:53 PM
Looking forward to all your (mis)adventures!

SwingerMD
11-15-2002, 12:02 AM
Thanks! I\'m always happy to share them. Was kinda holding out to see if I could hook up with someone that I met on my last swing dance camp adventure for New Years. Looks like it\'s not going to happen /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif .

So I\'m going with plan Z. Which is if I can\'t find a date, make sure that your gonna have a blast anyways! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif This camp is supposed to be very intense so it\'s gonna take my dancing skills to the next level.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-15-2002, 01:00 PM
\"like 10% strength in jojoba for both jasmine and rose\"

Do you mean you use a 10% dilution of jasmine or rose directly on your skin ?

MaxiMog
11-15-2002, 02:07 PM
A 10% dilution is good as a pulse point perfume.

If you want to rub the oil all over your whole body you\'ll need to dilute it more. (to something like 2-3%)

(I hope you do not mind me answering the question, but \'m pretty sure that what I\'m telling here is correct. Right, doc?)

ANother thing: the percentage of dillution of course depends on the strenght of the smell of the EO. Ylang Ylang is a VERY strong scent, whereas Sandalwood is more subtle. (I\'m not to sure about how strong jasmine and rose smell at a 10% dillution. There\'s some on it\'s way, though!)

**DONOTDELETE**
11-15-2002, 06:12 PM
I was asking about jasmine and rose specifically because I don\'t own any yet. I heard the pure absolute is very strong.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-15-2002, 06:26 PM
I had some jasmine lotion, nothing exotic, just Healing Garden -- but if I wore it and did anything physically vigorous, it would break down and smell completely different than it had when I put it on. Jasmine seems to turn as it ages (or breaks down on your body because of heating up).