PDA

View Full Version : Girl stuff

Pages : 1 [2]

Elana
01-23-2003, 11:19 AM
OK, it\'s mine. Thank you

Wolfe
01-23-2003, 11:19 AM
nice design, but should have been offered in diff colors too.

upsidedown
01-23-2003, 11:20 AM
2 thumbs up from a guys perspective.

Elana
01-23-2003, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the opinions. I wear very low jeans so this would be a great shirt to show off my beautiful abs./ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif I just ordered it.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-23-2003, 11:44 AM
Yeah, that shirt says it\'s for your Pilates abs.

Wear it up here about now and they\'d be Abs of Ice. It\'s not even in the 20\'s. Brrrrrr.

Elana
01-23-2003, 11:46 AM
That is the beauty of winter in Miami. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif We can dress skimpy year round

**DONOTDELETE**
01-23-2003, 11:53 AM
You just like that because you\'re a floozy.

Elana
01-23-2003, 11:55 AM
You would be correct, Tart. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-23-2003, 11:56 AM
I prefer the term \"Hussy.\"

Wolfe
01-23-2003, 02:04 PM
sence i put my 2 ¢ worth in do i get a pic of it on ya?

Elana
01-23-2003, 02:33 PM
You are now the third guy that asked me. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Sure you can.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-25-2003, 09:14 PM
I bought a bottle of Burt\'s Bees apricot baby oil and a Burt\'s Bees Head to Toe Starter Kit. What GREAT products. They smell nice and they\'re really effective. The only thing I didn\'t like in the starter kit was the exfoliator/scrub. But the soaps and lotions are wonderful, that apricot baby oil makes your skin feel like satin, I loved the bath oil, and the lip balm is THE BEST. Thanks, Elana!

**DONOTDELETE**
01-26-2003, 10:21 AM
Got the CP Serum and Emu oil. I\'ve used them for a night and a day now. Quick like a bunny, go get you some. My skin was looking pretty haggard, dull, pasty, with flaky patches from the cold weather - in two applications, it is tighter, softer, smoother, has better color. That\'s one amazing product.

Elana
01-26-2003, 10:23 AM
Do I really need the Emu oil? /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif
Thanks again CJ...CP serum is fantastic.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-26-2003, 10:28 AM
I don\'t think you do, tell you the truth. You said one reason you like the CP serum is that it keeps your skin from being oily. If you have oily/normal skin and no dry patches or scaly patches, and no cold weather/dry indoor heat to make things worse, I don\'t see why you would need it. Unless you already use a moisturizer and you wanted to use Emu oil instead of what you now use. I don\'t see the big deal with the emu oil. It\'s fine, but I don\'t know that it\'s any different than any other kind of oil. Absorbs a little more quickly, maybe.

Elana
01-26-2003, 11:55 AM
FTR- What shades of lipsticks do you wear?
I love neutral, pinky beige colors. My current favorites are Revlon\'s Fleshtone and Skinlight. MAC makes some gorgeous neutral colors.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-26-2003, 12:30 PM
I have probably 50 lipsticks. The only thing I ever really wear is Max Factor Lipfinity - no. 70 and another one that I can\'t remember the number and it\'s in my desk at work - it\'s an auburn-ey shade. They\'re both pinkey browns, #70 is more toward mauve and the other one is more toward rust. I like the new tinted glosses they just put out to go over the matte - I\'ve been using the copper gloss, but mostly I don\'t put the gloss on top, I just wear the Lipfinity by itself. Lasts longer that way, even though it doesn\'t feel great. I like Prescriptives \"Cafe,\" MAC\'s \"Taupe,\" Trish MacEvoy\'s \"Equestriene,\" and Estee Lauder\'s, \"Spice.\" But I almost never wear anything but Lipfinity. I love the way lipstick looks but I really hate it with a passion -- can\'t stand the mess and the constant reapplication.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-27-2003, 09:43 AM
I dunno, Elana. I did CP serum and then emu oil and put on makeup as usual, first time I\'ve worn makeup over it - my foundation went on like silk and my skin looks better than it has since I can remember, and it\'s not oily at all even though I have oily skin. It\'s beautiful for under makeup.

Elana
01-27-2003, 10:06 AM
It\'s not oil I\'m worried about. It\'s the thought of putting dead bird fat on my face that bothers me. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-27-2003, 10:10 AM
SQUALENE. Why does that sound so awful? Bird oil with squalene. UGH.

Elana
01-27-2003, 10:13 AM
squalene is just pure olive oil

**DONOTDELETE**
01-27-2003, 10:16 AM
Ok, so emu oil is just schmaltz.

See, this is how you can tell you\'re younger than I am. Wait \'till you\'re 46. Dead bird fat will make me beautiful? Bring it on!

Elana
01-27-2003, 10:16 AM
After your post, I looked at # 70 Lipfinity. It looks very nice. I think I would want it slightly more brown. I think I\'ll make a trip to MAC this week to get some new flavors.

Do you use a liner?

**DONOTDELETE**
01-27-2003, 10:29 AM
The color I like the best (which I can\'t find) is more brown. I put Lipfinity on first with the applicator and then for more control/precision, I dip my own lip liner brush in the tube and line with it.

I love Chanel liner in Nude. I wear it as lipstick. It stays on really well and the color, to me, is perfect.

Elana
01-27-2003, 10:31 AM
OH YES!!! I love Chanel in nude!
I need to get another one. Another beautiful liner is Wet N Wild 666

**DONOTDELETE**
01-27-2003, 10:33 AM
I\'ll definitely check that out. Can\'t beat Wet N Wild.

Elana
01-27-2003, 10:35 AM
<<Can\'t beat Wet N Wild>>

/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I need a nap. One of these Love-Scent boys kept me up late too late last night.

Good Night Hussy

**DONOTDELETE**
01-27-2003, 10:37 AM
\'night, then. Bedbugs.

Watcher
01-27-2003, 11:51 PM
Wow 278 posts on this thread and ive just spent 30 minutes reading through it quite interesting. Just saying hello.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-28-2003, 10:04 AM
Lipfinity #185, found it. That\'s my favorite Lipfinity.

Mac \"Twig\" with the \"Spice\" liner - tried that?

Elana
01-28-2003, 10:17 AM
I have read so many raves about Twig and Spice from makeupalley. I had intended to check them out next time I was in Bloomies.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-28-2003, 10:25 AM
Twig and Spice, and Viva Glam and Mahogany -- classic, classic, classic. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-29-2003, 07:13 PM
Twig and Spice on the cheap, and smudge free - Lipfinity new color No. 187 and Wet N Wild liner No. 666! Sheer perfection.

I got the last liner 666 in the bin. Good drugstore shopping day. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Elana
01-30-2003, 01:04 PM
Next time you see those cheapy lip liners by New York Color, get yourself a .99 cent # 951A pencil. It is the exact same color as Chanel Nude and it is just as nice quality.

http://www.newyorkcolor.com/prod-lipenccol.html (\"http://www.newyorkcolor.com/prod-lipenccol.html\")

**DONOTDELETE**
01-30-2003, 01:13 PM
THAT\'s a great tip, thanks! My Chanel pencil is a couple years old - I checked out the price of a new one online - $26.00. TWENTY SIX DOLLARS FOR A LIP LINER! MY ASS! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-12-2003, 09:21 PM
Maybelline nail polish. Chuck the OPI. I did a red nail polish manicure days and days ago. There\'s slight wear at the tips after about a WEEK. No chips.

Base coat - Maybelline Infinite Shine Extended Wear Top and Base Coat

Color - Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds

Top coat - Maybelline Express Finish

I can\'t believe what good performance.

Elana
02-13-2003, 12:56 PM
Have you tried the new wet diamonds lipstick? It looks pretty cool, but too sparkely for me. I like more earth tones or neutrals. I just got a gorgeous lipliner. It is CG Smoothers in Sleek Teak. I use my Revlon Fleshtone lipstick on top. PERFECT daytime color.

Lucky
02-13-2003, 01:37 PM
Elana,
I like the fleshtones too. My favorite pencil is Lancome\'s Bronzelle.

Elana
02-13-2003, 01:39 PM
<<My favorite pencil is Lancome\'s Bronzelle.>>

I need a description, please /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif
Never mind. I just looked it up on www.lancome.com (\"http://www.lancome.com\")
That is exactly the type of color I love. It is very similar to Fleshtone color. I need to own that pencil.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-13-2003, 03:08 PM
I haven\'t tried the lipstick. If it\'s not Lipfinity, I won\'t wear it, so I stopped buying it.

The nail polish is sparkly, too. Red sparkly polish - perfect for slutting. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif I\'m gonna do my toes tonight.

(I know you think I make these stories up, but I swear to god, I am gonna paint my toenails sparkley red tonight.)

Sexyredhead
02-13-2003, 03:59 PM
I\'m glad you cleared that up, FTR. I might have gone with the lip pencil thing, but painting your toes sparkly red??? I dunno....

Gotta love red toenails though. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
Question--how come my toes can stay perfect (not a chip in sight) when I paint them, until it GROWS off, but on my fingernails, it won\'t last 20 minutes??? Other than the fact that I\'m in dirt on a daily basis. I\'ve got gorgeous nails--just can\'t paint them. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-13-2003, 06:17 PM
If I knew that, I\'d be filthy rich and famous. Frustrating, isn\'t it?

I don\'t have the patience to sit around painting myself all damn day --sounds like you\'re the same way. I keep my toes up. Most of the time, clear polish on my nails and that\'s when I\'m feeling prissy. Make up my face in the morning, I might powder my nose and run a comb through my hair once during the day but usually not even that. I like stuff you put on and it stays on until you take it off. This Maybelline new formula lasts, you might want to try it. You could probably get a good three days wear out of it, even with your hands in dirt all day.

Lucky
02-14-2003, 05:33 AM
You\'ll like it, it\'s smoother than most and lasts a long time.

Elana
03-01-2003, 11:23 AM
<<My favorite pencil is Lancome\'s Bronzelle.>>

It\'s now one of my top three. Thank you Lucky /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

EXIT63
03-01-2003, 12:04 PM
.....You\'ll like it, it\'s smoother than most and lasts a long time...

Can I borrow that line?

Elana
04-08-2003, 11:43 AM
Everybody needs to own an Ionic hair dryer. They leave your hair smooth and shiny. How did I live without one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CJ01
04-08-2003, 12:58 PM
A what? Doesn´t matter I don´t blow dry my hair anymore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lucky
04-08-2003, 01:18 PM
<You\'ll like it, it\'s smoother than most and lasts a long time...
Can I borrow that line?>

Yes, you may - Exit...I\'m a poet and didn\'t know it, just be sure and cite your source.