PDA

View Full Version : Weight

krtel
11-10-2002, 08:00 PM
Ok I have a problem. I have a few extra pounds I have been trying to loose, but no matter how much I work out or diet I can\'t get rid of them. The thing is, I can go one day without dieting or exercise, and even eating the smallest meals, I\'ll probably put on one pound. It seems like I don\'t even have a metabolism or something. It\'s very easy to put on pounds for me in a short period of time. Is this a hereditary thing? I really could use some advice on what to do, I\'m losing hope in ever getting rid of these extra pounds.

- Krish

**DONOTDELETE**
11-10-2002, 08:51 PM
Dr. Atkins diet is incredibly effective. Dr. Atkins\' ideas challenge how we\'ve been taught to eat, that\'s for sure -- your first reaction to the diet may be \"That can\'t possibly be good for you,\" but the rise of obesity and diabetes is starting to make people realize that all the carbs we eat maybe are not so good for us -- and in any case, it\'s worse for your health to be overweight than it is to eat low carbs for awhile. You WILL lose weight, and fast, on it, while never having to be hungry while you\'re losing the weight. If not Dr.Atkins, The Zone, or any other low-carb diet works. Oh - assuming you\'re not a vegetarian. It would not work for a vegetarian -- I don\'t think the vegetables you\'re allowed would combine to form complete proteins. You have to be a carnivore to do that diet.

druid
11-10-2002, 09:32 PM
LOW CARB. simple as that. On low carb diets fat gets burned muscle mass is preserved. low fat/low calorie diets burn some fat and a good amount of muscle. so your metabolism goes down and well now your ice skating up hill and your bound to fall. low fat/low calorie diets are complete BULL SH_T. If you have been doing those diets its no wonder you have no metabolism. you have to feed your metabolism. Think of your metabolism as a camp fire. If you throw leaves, twigs, and cut up pieces of logs on to it first it will grow hotter. You make it grow hotter by contining to throw these size portions on it at reg. intervals. Now imagine you stop or worst you come by and throw a redwood on your fire. It dies out. So fed your \"fire\" at regular intervals throughout the day. Don\'t starve yourself and don\'t binge eat (eat the marjority of your calories for a day at a single sitting). As far as exercise goes, it should mostly be free weights and calesthetics. Challege your muscles and your metabolism will grow even more. You can do some cardio just don\'t over do it. Atkins diet is great. Give it five years and all atkins will say is \"I told you so\". The guy has been telling us for years about low carb (since the 60\'s) and he is finally (in SMALL increments) getting recogination. BTW if your thinking that this diet is by for heart (which could not be futher from the truth) just remember that Dr.Atkins is NOT a diet guru he is in fact a cardiologist. Thats right. This diet will also help protect you againist type-2 diabetes (which BTW used to be called adult onset diabetes until children started to get it -- and guess who eats more chips, soda, and candy????????). On atkins I feel like I can karate kick through a damn wall. It is that great.

FTR if you still got some of those PM\'s i sent you about diets and stuff please post him. I don\'t feel like typing all that again. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-10-2002, 09:55 PM
Yes, of course --soon as I can tomorrow. I can\'t from this machine. But happy to help in any way I can.

MaxiMog
11-11-2002, 01:24 AM
IMO low carb diets are total BS (most diets for that matter. Most diets just look for something to blame the whole fact of being fat on, then just selecting that out. The bad thing is that some tend to take out one of the essential substances in foods: e.g. low carb). Just eat high quality foods, make sure you get the RIGHT fats. Chew good and long! You\'ll be amazed at how much you can eat when you chew bad, and how \"liitle\" when you chew good!

Carbs are THE best fuel for your body! (unless you consume it as saccharose (sugar). Get your carbs from whole grains!)

Guess I\'m a bit lucky, too! I put on weight pretty hard. Sometimes when I see obese or even just slightly overweight people, it makes me wonder what they had to do to be become that way. I just would not be able to do it! (yes I would! If I were to eat nothing but junk and fatty foods then I would be able to do it. But with my \"diet\" of eating just as much healthy foods as I desire, it would be impossible for me to become that way. My conclusion is that getting fat is not only a case of quantity, but even more importantly, QUALITY!)

**DONOTDELETE**
11-11-2002, 03:29 AM
damn how i hate to hear people want to lose weight! give me all the fat in the world! i would do anything to weight at least 20 pounds more! i lost 37 pounds in a month without trying it, and it gave me one more reason to be depressed about. could you tell me what to do to BECOME overweight?

tbm

**DONOTDELETE**
11-11-2002, 04:14 AM
no kidding...i\'d like to put on about 20 lbs!!!! help me gain weight!

sophie
11-11-2002, 04:37 AM
Another vote here for lowcarb (it works and is healthful if done correctly, do your research), but if you don\'t want to eat that way at least get rid of all processed foods if you can. Eat food as close to nature as you can get, for health. Nuts are very healthful for those of you who want to gain, they have extra calories and beneficial fats. I could go on, but I\'m short of time right now. Just wanted to add my .02.

xxxPantero
11-11-2002, 07:33 AM
tom arnold has a book out called \"how i lost 5 pounds in 6 years\" lol.

druid
11-11-2002, 03:08 PM
maxidog -- you have never been fat so shut up. But its not your fault -- you have been force fed the same crap advice that everyone else has. But there is hope. Low fat diets are for the birds. Some people are geneticly (actually most people are -- because certain people several hundred years agos survivied the times better and contributed more to our gene pool) more senstive too the effects of dietry carbs (especially sucrose and fructose -- insulin side effects). Now I agree that the type of fat is important but the only fat that should not be eaten at all is Trans fats. Also known hydrogented fats. So eat plently of unsaturated and saturated fats. Those are natural fats your body can properly metabolize.

Now gaining weight (muscalar weight) I would suggest you eat plenly calories and weight lift. Feel free to eat lots of carbs because you can obviously handle it -- just make sure they are mostly low glycemic (complex carbs as oposed to sugars) Especailly fats. Some good foods --
Cottage Chesse
All Nautral Peanut Butter
Red Meat
Any meat for that matter (just avoid sodium nitrates -- hot dogs and other processed lunch meats and anything breaded and deep fried -- KFC)

People dietry carbohydrate cumsumption has drasticly increaded over the past one hundred years. Soda has become popular and chips and other [censored] that we shouldn\'t eat are now common place. And to compound the problems the governments of the western world -- especially U.S. -- have told people \"FAT makes you FAT\" and so we replace it with guess what....carbs. I do not blame obesity on a single factor. Lots things play role. Lack exercise and Diet are the 2 main factors. The mainstream medical establishments says that for diet low fat/high carb bull and lots of cardio. But if you live the states take a look around at all the obese people. Take a look at stats. on diabetes and heart problems. How could our gene pool get so polluted so quick???? It is not our gene pool that has drastically changed over the past 100 years, it is our food supply combined with moderization. That is what has changed.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-12-2002, 04:38 PM
krtel - www.atkinscenter.com (\"http://www.atkinscenter.com\")

I had put on five pounds - my parents were here and we feast when we\'re together - I took off four just last week by going back on the induction phase, without hunger. You can easily lose 16 pounds in a month.

Let us know how you do.

Cheers!

FTR

krtel
11-12-2002, 04:56 PM
Thanks FTR /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

- Krish

druid
11-12-2002, 05:29 PM
if you throw in some exercise (especially weight lifting) then 16 pounds is a very conservative estimate. kretel, how much weight do u plan to lose?

krtel
11-12-2002, 08:35 PM
I am trying to lose 30 pounds. :\\

- Krish

druid
11-12-2002, 08:57 PM
tell me what your diet was like while gaining these unwanted 30 pounds?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-12-2002, 09:01 PM
You can definitely do it. Proceed, and just consider it done, \'cause it\'s gonna happen.

krtel
11-12-2002, 09:21 PM
Well I was like really young. I didn\'t care about my apperance or anything. I ate tons of junk food, and I mean TONS. I was so stupid, now that I actually care about apperance I\'m stuck.

- Krish

krtel
11-12-2002, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the kind words of inspiration. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif I hope so! hehe.

- Krish

druid
11-12-2002, 09:27 PM
don\'t worry. DO ATKINS. Go out buy his book, and read it. The title is \"Dr. Atkin\'s New Diet revoultion\". You should lose that weight in 2-2.5 months tops. In the mean time NO SUGARS NO STARTCHES.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-13-2002, 05:44 AM
You don\'t even have to read the book - the information on the website is enough. Do you know what a carbohydrate is? That\'s the critical thing. It amazes me how many people don\'t.

Definitely, if you stick to it, in two months, that weight will be off.

druid
11-13-2002, 02:40 PM
well I have read the book and he talks about how it works and goes into stuff about trans fats and vitimians. He also gives low carb receipes. But the acutal diet is quiet simple. Just remember that fiber is consider a carb but since it has no impact on blood sugar levels (you actually can\'t get any calories from it either) you can eat as much fiber as you want(and atkins recommends you eat a good amount especially at the begging while your body acclmates to the new diet). The problem is that most foods with good amounts of fiber come with at least some sugar or startches. A good example is an apple. A good size red apple has about 20 grams sugars. On the induction phase (which is the begging phase where the weight loss occurs -- there are 4 total phases) you are allowed 20 grams of carbs a day. Don\'t waste those 20 grams of carbs on white bread or sweets. Use it on a good size salad or an apple. Something with some fiber or vitiams in it. Also metamucil or another fiber supplement is pretty good (just make sure it is sugar free). You will be surprised when u go shopping for food how much crap there is and how little real food there is.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-13-2002, 06:14 PM
Apples are pretty high carb, for Atkins. I say use your carbs on green leafy vegetables. If you don\'t like salad, eat spinach, kale, brussel sprouts, bok choy - leafy greens that you can eat hot as side dishes. You really have to watch it on induction phase. A piece of sugarless gum has 4 carbs. One packet of Equal has 1 carb. (He recommends Splenda, btw --apparently it messes with your blood sugar less, and aspartame is getting some bad press anyway.) You can get to 20 carbs before you\'ve even thought about it. Sugarless Metamucil has 5 grams of carbs per teaspoon. Some people have problems with constipation on Atkins but I never have - bought the Metamucil just in case when I first went on it, and it\'s still sitting on the shelf. You can eat a lot of green leafy vegetables and get plenty of fiber and not need it. Drink lots of water, that also helps. He says no caffeine but I\'ll be damned -- I can\'t live without coffee and tea -- count carbs in your cream -- it can\'t be milk anymore, and definitely not non-dairy creamer. If you don\'t drink water, cold herbal teas, Diet Rite soda (not Diet Coke, because it\'s sweetened with aspartame). The other thing is condiments. Mustard\'s not bad, full-fat mayonnaise is fine, but ketchup adds carbs, so there\'s another place you can waste your allowance. Ditto pickle relish. Tuna with mayo is fine for lunch (no bread) but watch your pickle relish --at 4 grams per tablespoon, it\'s expensive. You\'re better off with olives or a little dill weed and onion. If you opt for salads, chose the full-fat dressings. The low-fat dressings make up for the fat loss with extra sugar - they\'re very high carb. You\'ll have to switch your tastebuds to salty rather than sweet, because there\'s not much sweet on Atkins. Except sugar free Jello. Which will also satisfy a craving for fruit -- well, it will calm it, anyway. If your taste buds get bored, hot is a way to keep yourself entertained - jalapenos, tabasco, etc.Eat all you want of meat, fish, poultry, eggs, butter, cheese. You can have a three egg omelet with cheese, fried in butter, for breakfast, all the tuna with real mayonnaise you can eat for lunch, or, like, a big cheeseburger with no bun, half a chicken for dinner, with a salad or some kind of green leafy vegetable, and you\'ll lose weight and you won\'t be hungry. Hard boiled eggs are good snacks.

druid
11-13-2002, 07:32 PM
when I was on the induction phase the major things I did were stop eating things very high in carbs (pototoes, bread, pasta, rice). I drastically cut back my ketcup consumption. I was very active so I was able to get away with things like relish, and the occsinal apple and still get into ketosis. But green leafy veggies are the best choice.

Xaviel
11-14-2002, 06:35 PM
Get married. That seems to work for most men.

krtel
11-14-2002, 07:36 PM
LOL! Comic Relief is good for the health. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

- Krish

sophie
11-14-2002, 08:52 PM
another good book to read is Protein Power by the Eades. I think they explain things almost better than Atkins does. But the Atkinscenter website is pretty good.

Krtel, you can easily lose 30 lbs in 2 months on lowcarb. Men do really well on it, because you really don\'t have to limit portions so much as you do carbs. Then maintenance is pretty painless; you just add back in some of the carbs to maintain your loss (keeping away from the junk food of course /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif)

krtel
11-14-2002, 08:55 PM
Yeah, thanks a lot. What do you think of Metabolife\'s Carb Supressor? It claims to control your urge for carbs. http://www.metabolife.com/products/carb_suppress.htm (\"http://www.metabolife.com/products/carb_suppress.htm\")

- Krish

sophie
11-14-2002, 09:14 PM
Hi, Krish...I think elimination of carbs (for a period of time, not forever) is the best remedy for controlling that urge for carbs. Most processed carbs turn straight to sugar in the body, and sugar is an addictive substance, for most of us. Try an almost carb free existence just for a few days, or at least a week (induction is supposed to be 2 weeks but it is not written in stone). Then add in a (large) quantity of veggies to stay healthy and you\'ll be hooked. Do read the books or go the atkins website though. ***Drink water****.

After 2 years of lowcarb, sugar literally makes me sick, although I do eat bread occasionally (high fiber wholegrain), because I like it. Going lowcarb weans a person from the addiction. Sorry if I sound like a fanatic, but I am. The first few days are the hardest, but I think you can do it.

by all means, try the carb suppressor if you like, but I think most of those types of tools are unnecessary.

good luck!!

travis
11-15-2002, 12:12 PM
We have the same situation I keept exercising but for some reason I could not burn fats or it keeps on coming back. Yes, I think the problem is metabolism. I have tried everything to loose weight, I even tried the Atkins diet but it seem I am getting more weaker using this method. I do need carbo for the reason I run and lift weights.

Because of my age, being 39 years old, I figured out that its tough for me to loose weight without increasing my metabolism even at rest. I have been taking Vitamin B complex , C and E. So far its doing perfect for me. At the same time I\'ve been taking \"Green Tea\" which is also good for the body.

I am not endorsing these Vitamins. Go see and ask your Doctor whats best for you.

DrSmellThis
11-15-2002, 01:11 PM
Do you have ADD? Amphetamines worked for me, prescribed legally for my ADD of course. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

l-carnitine, choline/inositol, citrimax, chromium polynicotinate, and pyruvate combined would be good.

limit simple carbs. protein supplement.

krtel
11-15-2002, 01:35 PM
No I don\'t have a.d.d. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Thanks for the tips.

- Krish

PHP 87
11-17-2002, 06:31 PM
On March 11th 2002, I weighed in at 250 lbs.
On the same day, I started the Atkins diet.
Today, November 17th, 2002 I weigh 181 lbs.

I have more energy than ever, need less sleep, and my blood pressure, heart rate and bad cholestorol levels are all down.

I average about 30 grams of Carbs a day, mostly from vegetables.

The rest of my diet is Protien and Fat.

I eat Bacon, Eggs, Ham, Turkey, Steak, Chicken, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cheese, Pork Rinds, Salads etc...

I never go hungry or feel deprived.

You don\'t need Carbs for energy or for anything else.

Eskimos live almost exclusively off of Whale Meat and they do fine.

I suggest people educate themselves on how Carbs and Sugar effect Insulin levels and cause weight gain.

a.k.a.
11-17-2002, 08:08 PM
What’s this about insulin levels?

My weight’s fine, but I do eat a lot of grains and fruits. I thought this was supposed to be good for me.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-17-2002, 08:26 PM
The realization is that surges in your insulin levels cause problems in all your organs and contribute to heart disease, premature aging, I don\'t know what all else. Dr. Atkins has always said this. The main thing is to keep your insulin level stable as much as possible. Eating in such a way as to make it spike, let it drop, spike it up again is very bad for your health -- contributes to diabetes and heart disease, two of the biggest killers. The easiest way to keep your insulin stable is to avoid carbohydrates, meaning starches, sweets, alcohol, almost any processed food. He advocates instead a diet high in protein, fats and dairy products, with some non-starchy vegetables. It turns out that eating this way, because it keeps blood sugar stable, not only makes people lose weight, but actually keeps them healthier, including their cholesterol and triglyceride levels.

I think the idea would be to use the \"graze\" pattern of eating if you eat whole grains, fruits, other non processed carbohydrates, so that you should eat something about every three hours at least. As long as you don\'t let your blood sugar drop, and then spike it, as most of us tend to ... go without breakfast, have a doughnut and coffee with sugar at midmorning, get busy and skip lunch, eat junk from the vending machine to make up for it ... with the pattern of starve, then eat sugar, or food that instantly converts to sugar, as do simple starches. Very hard on your system.

druid
11-18-2002, 02:34 PM
the best ways to improve your insulin senstivity (which is a good thing) is to eat a diet low in sugars and startches and weight lift. After doin this for a while go a eat a candy bar and see how you feel. Feel the sugar crash. I did it after about 2 months of atkins and man. I had to sleep for 20 mins, I could not help it.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-18-2002, 02:47 PM
A lot of vague ailments go away when you stop eating carbs. No more wheat or mold allergies to deal with in bread and yeast products. No more sweets to spike your sugar and give you headaches. All of a sudden you have sustained energy and feel well most of the time. It\'s pretty amazing. You have to get past the first few days and let your body adjust. But after that, you really feel good.

druid
11-18-2002, 04:24 PM
yeah i have another diet that is cycling ketogenic genic (similar to atkins but more for bodybuilders) and the author of that book believes that the first week on a low carb diet your body undergoes a metabolic shift from a carb-burning machine to a fat burning machine. You have seriously more engergy on a low carb diet because fat is 2.25 times more calorically dense than carb. So next time someone tells you \"eat carbs for engery\" tell them take your head out your a$$ (or as they say in scottland \"arse\")

sophie
11-18-2002, 09:31 PM
http://health.yahoo.com/search/healthnews?lb=s&p=id%3A31555 (\"http://health.yahoo.com/search/healthnews?lb=s&p=id%3A31555\")

the latest news, just today....lowcarb rules!!

PHP 87
11-18-2002, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I don\'t miss the \"Carb Coma\'s\"

Eating Pizza or something similar for lunch and I would be through for the rest of the day.

Now, I have tons of energy.

druid
11-19-2002, 02:46 PM
I just saw on msnbc ( i think) and they had a ANA guy (atkins nutritional approach) and a traditional dietician debating on there. The traditional dietician was basically regritiating that same old BS they always do.

Recently there was a study done at duke university and they found people lose weight better on atkins diet. Atkins is finally starting to get a LITTLE recogination. On the program they said that ANA should have been scientifically studied a genertaion ago -- and it should have been. If it was then a lot of people\'s weight \"problems\" would have been nipped in the bud.

Another thing that burns me about the tradtional weight loss community is that they don\'t understand (probably didn\'t even bother to learn) the structure of the atkins diet. For example they say people don\'t get enough fiber on his diet, yet ATKINS says in his book that fiber is good for you and you should eat plenty of it, especially in the form of green leafy viggies. I can\'t believe that educated people could acutally try to pass such blanentlly fallcious reasoning off in a patheitic attempt to discredit a man who is making actual progress in the battle of the bulge.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-19-2002, 03:21 PM
Passing another secretary in the hall, she asked if I\'d see \"all the stuff on Atkins\" last night on tv. I said I hadn\'t, what was said? She said after 30 years, the medical community is finally starting to listen.
It amazes me how all this time, Dr. Atkins did studies and wrote papers and has proof -- and some smart aleck dietician or general practitioner will be interviewed on tv and go off on theory about why it can\'t be good for you and it doesn\'t \"teach you how to eat\" (Weight Watchers\' hype - WW is expensive - Atkin\'s is free, btw) blah de blah de blah. Meanwhile, whose tryglycerides and cholesterol are down? Who\'s losing weight and feeling good? The Atkins dieter. 30 years now he\'s been patiently reiterating. It\'s advice that could have saved a generation. I swear, everybody I know has diabetes. Or high blood lipids.

Watcher
11-19-2002, 03:30 PM
Low carb high protein diet is essential we are both plant and animal matter eaters. We need all and a wide spread, protein supplies long term energy (essential) carbs provide a short term hit (less essential as the protein works away in the background)

Vitamins for system consumption and functioning iron and zinc in men given the testostrone nature we have.
Folate and B12 in women and iron as they produce more ostrogen/couplins therefore they need other raw ingredients.
Water especially to flush out and remove toxins.

Mtnjim
11-19-2002, 04:36 PM
\"Recently there was a study done at duke university\"
The news report also mentioned that the study was funded by the Atkins Foundation. FWIW!!

druid
11-19-2002, 08:30 PM
so they footed the bill, ?????. but people at duke university did the actual test. Besides I have done atkins and lost considerable weight. My stength has imporved a lot. I know because I lift weights and guage my strength and try to max out with a least one lift every workout. I know a silician guy who has always owed an itialian resturant(and therefore was always eathing lots of breads, and pasta). He used to weigh a little over 300 pounds on a 6\'2\" frame. Went on atkins and lost about 80 pounds. FWIW the study said there are more long term studies in the works. The article also says that a couple of other studies presented to the *great* <extreme saracasm> AHA about ANA say the same thing: People lost weight better on atkins, and blood profile levels improve. besides with all the people who are trying to discredit atkins without actually putting his diet ideas to the test, how is he suppose to get funding for a thrid party to objectively test and prove his diet?????????????????

PHP 87
11-19-2002, 08:55 PM
There\'s usually 2 opionions when it comes to Atkins:

People either Love it, or they Bash it.

And in almost every case, the people who Love it have tried it and lost weight, and the people who Bash it haven\'t.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-20-2002, 01:11 AM
Yes, that\'s the truth. The people who bash it have not tried it. And often, even, the people on tv or in articles who talk against it have not read any studies on it, read the book, don\'t have any solid information. They knee-jerk react because the diet is higher in fat than popular opinion would have you believe is good for you, and they go off on \"it *can\'t* be good for you\" without looking at the data or having any first hand experience.

Mtnjim
11-20-2002, 11:29 AM
The only reason I pointed out the funding was because I\'m concerned about the objectivity of the results. Sort of like the studies that showed that smoking wasn\'t addictive--funded by the tobacco companies.
I hold no opinion either way on the diet as I\'ve always had the exact opposite problem, I have to stuff myself or I loose weight (and a skinny male gets less respect than a \"large\" woman 8<( ).

**DONOTDELETE**
11-20-2002, 01:44 PM
lol Carbs are a good source energy, but unless your working out, playing sports or really active you don\'t need alot of carbs. As far as the atkins diet goes everyone i know whos tried it has had great results compared to any other diet they have tried. The excess carbs that you eat are stored as fat. So to lose weight it really boils down to burning more calories aday than you consume. Weight training can increase your muscle mass. increasing your BMR, your metabolic weight when your really not doing anything. So you decrease the carbohydrates your body uses the stored fat for energy. its like a snowball effect the longer you do it the better the results. I live in atlanta and ended up becoming friends with a perfessional trainer affiliated with many professional wrestlers , power lifters and body builders. Though it wasn\'t the atkins diet, I cut down on Carbs, started some high rep weight training 12 reps 3 sets.
i went from a flabby 165, to a ripped out 150. I know some of the women on this forum can vouch for that! God now i go to the beach the women approach me when they see my abs. chest, muscle tone is very attractive to women. Anyhow i learnt more from people who had already been there and made the transformation at Golds Gym. Bottom line is theres a reason you lose fat on a low carb diet, once you lose that fat eat healthy and you don\'t put back on the weight. LOL i just had to say something i read this post saying low carm diets were BS and it like someone just throught out that comment when they were really uninformed on the subject. My best advice to anyone is read up on your goal and go to fitness sites, gyms and people who have seen results. Because honestly you can\'t believe someone who has never had to lose weight. I think some people this forum is the only place they can voice there opnion and advice to others even if its totally wrong!

franki
11-20-2002, 02:06 PM
\"i went from a flabby 165, to a ripped out 150.\"

How tall are you?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-20-2002, 02:28 PM
5 10 but my frames not huge so my muscle size is good proportionate to my bones. Lets put it this way i went from a size 36 waist to 30. I had to start over on my wardrobe,lol.

druid
11-20-2002, 03:06 PM
I went from a flabby 200 to about 180 on atkins alone. A good portion was abdominal fat (I measured). I am 5\'10\". Then I started weight lifting again and I hovered around 175 ever since. That was over a year ago. I have seriously changed my body compostion (hell my sister\'s BF asked me if I juice up). My personal goal is to weigh about 200 solid pounds. I personally think that the more you exercise the more carbs you can tolerate. And if you time it right an insulin surge can be anabolic. But after doin atkins and weight lifting you become more efficent at pumping out insulin and for me it takes about 40-50 grams of sugar to produce that insulin surge.

xxxPantero
11-23-2002, 10:13 AM
well, as far as women and weight go.............

i remember that in high school, there was this girl who was short and very chubby, but she had the most beautiful face. normally in my high school, the guys only went for the slim girls. but this girl carried herself so sexily, and wasn\'t ashamed about her body, that it made her so freaking sexy! she was the hottest thing since microwaveable meals. i think there\'s a lesson to be learned in there somewhere.

\"unfortunately for us humans, what is pleasing to the touch is not always what is pleasing to the eye\" - who said that? was it on the forum or did i read it elsewhere?