PDA

View Full Version : What Do Men Want?

a.k.a.
11-09-2002, 10:19 AM
According to Freud, the model of male fulfillment is a baby sucking on his momma’s tit.

“deep in some blissful dream
where the goddess finally sleeps
in the lap of her lover
subdued in all her rage
and I’m aglow with the taste of the demons driven out
and happily replaced with the presence of real love
the only one who saves”
(Edward Kowalczyk)

druid
11-09-2002, 09:08 PM
sex, food, and some peace and quiet. A more interesting question, What do women want?

EXIT63
11-10-2002, 02:22 AM
sex

Elana
11-10-2002, 04:11 AM
druid-I think you need to check out the womens forum. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

druid
11-10-2002, 05:49 PM
i started to read that but have not finished. considering the subject I guess it ain\'t no where near long enough.

Elana
11-10-2002, 05:54 PM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif We are pretty complex aren\'t we?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-13-2002, 02:11 PM
...and beer of course.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-13-2002, 02:31 PM
I want:
A woman to love and to love me back (spooning rules)
Food
Beer
Friends to brag to about the woman who loves me, the food she cooks, and beer to share with them while I brag.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-13-2002, 04:38 PM
Druid\'s answer cracked me up. That\'s exactly my experience. Guys want sex, food, and peace and quiet. Actually, sex, peace and quiet, then food.

Why are women programmed to want to bring you into our inner lives by talking when it just confuses some and drives most crazy? God\'s funny, isn\'t he?

Gerund
11-13-2002, 04:50 PM
Well, I\'d say God\'s definitely got a sense of humor... /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Isn\'t there a famous quote along the lines of: \"God is a comedian playing to an audience that\'s afraid to laugh?\" /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-13-2002, 05:09 PM
I laugh sometimes but can\'t always bring myself to clap. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-13-2002, 05:18 PM
I\'d say guys want contentment, fewer consequences and acceptance.
Contentment would be desires like sex, food etc. ie I want something now....how do I get it. Guys aren\'t as much planners as women are. (also makes us occassionally inconsiderate) I think guys are more about satisfaction in the now than later than are women.
Less consequences for our actions. We\'re a bit daft and often go off with the guys and forget to tell women. HEnce no contentment later as a consequence.
Acceptance, guys want to be taken as they are and not molded and changed to suit a womans taste (even though subjected to it and often succumbing to those wishes... see contentment above) This of course is a moot point if the guys view of \"accept this\" involves poor hygiene, bad manners etc. those are workable items.

Wizard.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-13-2002, 05:32 PM
I read an article recently on a study about men and women and depression. Women are more prone to depression because they think about things more, is what the conclusion was. Women dwell on things. Men, it said, don\'t dwell. Therefore they\'re not depressed as often/easily as women.I get from this (it\'s a leap, maybe, but a hypothesis) that men\'s and women\'s sense of time is different. Women keep their history present always -- we never forget anything that happens, especially relationship stuff, because that\'s what\'s most important to most of us. Men seem to think in discrete blocks wherein everything is \"now.\" They don\'t carry yesterday with them. And tomorrow will happen when it happens. So it\'s like they\'re always surprised when they do something in their eternal Now, which is not connected to Then, and the woman says, Jesus! How could you when just last year we talked about blah de blah and you KNOW how I feel about it! and they look confused and then impatient. What\'s one thing got to do with the other? Why are you bringing that up again? -- because it never left her. She\'s not bringing it up -- it\'s always there. Or sometimes you show the connection that explains your hurt and the guy is like \"DOH!\" Damn, you\'re right, but I didn\'t think of it.It could be about how we feel time. Women sometimes give men credit for more malice of forethought than they really have, and therefore get hurt over things that the guy, at the time, had no idea about, I mean it never crossed his mind. Once you realize that, it\'s easier to shrug it off, but it\'s hard to really believe, because we mostly don\'t think that way because we stay connected to the past as we\'re in the present.Rambling but does any of this sound true?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-13-2002, 05:40 PM
Well, on the other hand men can often be much more stubborn when pride is involved.
Men think more as if they want to be \"there\" now whereas Women seem to be more interested in getting there.
I honestly think that thinking in the now can also get one in a lot of trouble, cheating, fighting, impulse buying etc. etc.

W.