PDA

View Full Version : none on a trading floor

**DONOTDELETE**
11-05-2002, 09:07 AM
A few months back I posted that I work for a large investment firm and that I\'d post what effects none have in the trading room/floor.

I have to say that traders are confident, cocky and full of sh** to put it mildly. I\'m not one of \'em, but I do supervise some of my clients trades if they are big enough. Usually it\'s the typical \"oh, great here comes an overhead\" type of reaction when I go down to the floor. So this morning I put on some p-10 laced cologne, but it was close to an OD level I\'m sure as I added another small drop to my wrists too (easier to wash off later) Well our derivatives guys went from blowhards to kiss-arses. unbelievable the difference in a room full of 35 testosterone laden ft\'s this time. It sort of fits with what someone said earlier this summer about OD-ing on PI and watching some gang members back down from him.

So either it stinks and they want you out of there fast, or another successful sociological experiment completed!

Wizard

**DONOTDELETE**
11-05-2002, 12:22 PM
Does it increase confidence amoungst the traders ie more risks taken, the influence could be strong at a large firm handling big money, with a phero powerhouse around it could encourage more risk taking and affect the wider market in a small way.
Pheros are more useful in positions of power or when amoung those with power and influence.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-05-2002, 03:57 PM
You can\'t increase the confidence most of these guys have. They all think they are god. One of our guys made a million in a week (his pay) and $ makes they world go round for most traders.
THe one thing they are is methodical and smart, any influence that might change their thinking habits is something I\'d try to get rid of quickly.
We don\'t encourage risk taking at all, especially the derivatives group.
When someone has power and influence, a little natural aura is certainly amplified so you might be right. I\'m not in a position of much power, but I have a lot of influence so instead of people giving me respect they mostly kiss my ass. It\'s thoroughly annoying.
Wizard

**DONOTDELETE**
11-05-2002, 08:08 PM
Any influence would drive their behaviour, now the thing with being mathematical and going with technical anyalisis is good. At least sometimes though it would alter their behaviour slightly im thinking the impact small but it may effect some. You wouldnt notice it at all or the events may happen with you out of range but you may make someones day via a chain of events or vise versa

More a theroetical philosphical type of discussion im getting at here.