PDA

View Full Version : time for a new cologne thread!

Nutt
11-04-2002, 12:04 AM
Well, Havent posted here for a while but I just put in an order so I canget some new toys ( 2 drops of EW in a liter is _still_ potent!!!) and Im thinking about finaly getting around to trying some quality covef scents.

Usualy I use products like SOE and PF as a \'cover\' and add a few drops of the \'smelly\' pheros without any real cover, it seems to work OK, but reading some rescent threads I wonder if a good cologne would be a good investment for more social occasions.

so, any new cologne out you love? still having luck with good old L\'eau D\'Issey and the like? gimme some options :-)

Btw, don\'t forget to check out bassenotes.com if you want some cologne info and haven\'t already.

thanks guys!

jose
11-04-2002, 06:57 AM
Well this product is not a Cologne but it does have some great fragrances to cover up your Pheromones. It\'s called \"AXE\" Deodorant Bodyspray. You\'ve probably seen their commercials with the guy gets attacked in the elevator by a woman that thinks he\'s wearing AXE. I have had some good reactions to it, like my sister who says \"GOD, you smell good what are you wearing.\" My co-workers(mostly women) want to know where I purchased it for their boyfriends and husbands. At first I purchased AXE \"KILO\" fragrance but since I got so many great complements went back to the store and I decided to buy \"ORION\" \"VOODOO\" and \"TSUNAMI\". I even tested it out on my EW/Ethanol mix (one spray on the back of the hand then covered it with \"ORION\" scent)and I couldn\'t smell EW at all just the fragrance. I highly recommend AXE for the guys.

camusflage
11-04-2002, 08:33 AM
I\'ve been digging on Chanel\'s Allure a lot lately. With the weather changing, it\'s time to start cycling some of the citrus scents (goodbye Happy! /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif ) out and the orientals in. I\'m sure I\'ll be wearing Escada Homme a lot more, along with Lancome\'s Miracle Homme (has an amazing incense note). I tried out Escada\'s Sentiment for Men, and was somewhat underwhelmed. It\'s a decent fragrance, but nothing too special. I did just pick up mostly full bottles of Helmut Lang, Swiss Army Altitude, and Balenciaga Cristobal (the one I was really after) on Ebay for something like $15 total, which is a great find.

Other new things.. Boss In Motion should be called Tangerine in Motion, Kenneth Cole isn\'t bad, but is a tad on the unoriginal side.

BTW, it\'s www.basenotes.com (\"http://www.basenotes.com\") for the best cologne information site out there.

Nutt
11-04-2002, 01:19 PM
lol, sorry seem to be having a bad spelling day there!

Whitehall
11-04-2002, 01:21 PM
My new favorite is Tabarome by Creed. It is an updated version of Winston Churchill\'s favorite - supposedly. Get nothing but compliments on it. I\'d like to use it as a cover for RM to wear to work but they don\'t match all that well. Will probably try NPA with it next. Another one I like is Bois de\' Portugal by Creed - I actually prefer it to Tabarome but the reactions from others are better with Tabarome.

camusflage
11-04-2002, 02:39 PM
Creed is quite good stuff. I\'ve got Green Irish Tweed, which I picked up for less than $50 for a tester from www.scentiments.com. (\"http://www.scentiments.com.\") I\'m hoping to get Silver Mountani Water for a Christmas Gift, and New Tabarome is definitely on the list next. I have a sample of Bois de Portugal, and while quite nice, it just doesn\'t grab me like the others do.

On another front, apparently Claiborne\'s Curve for Men is quite the hit with the ladies. I like it, but I don\'t think it\'s anything terribly special. I\'m keeping an eye out for a good bargain on it though, so I\'m sure I\'ll be adding it o the ever-expanding collection soon enough.

franki
11-04-2002, 03:03 PM
for Creed fragrances:

http://www.parfumsraffy.com/special.html (\"http://www.parfumsraffy.com/special.html\")

They also have a sample set of 7 different Creed frangrances (men\' and women\'s together) for $25.