PDA

View Full Version : Very bad OD on EW

franki
11-02-2002, 02:37 PM
OK, a couple of hours ago I was making a batch of diluted EW, but I SERIOUSLY f****d up. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif By accident I almost drowned myself in the stuff. I smelled like HELL, anyone who hasn\'t smelled the stuff doesn\'t know how BAD.

I took a short ride with the subway. First a guy who sat near me stood up and went to another seat far away. Then two other guys and a girl entered the train and were going to sit near me. They said to each other it smelled like BO BIG TIME! They started opening all windows, but that didn\'t help very much. A few minutes later they decided to leave their seats near me and left for another seat FAR away from me. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

I decided to go home and scrub it all off with soap, but that didn\'t have much effect. I still smell VERY bad. I was planning to go out, but now I can forget that with the way I am smelling. Does anyone know how to get rid of that bad cheesy smell within two hours of now?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-02-2002, 02:47 PM
Damn, that sucks man, well now you know how much not to use. I don\'t know what you can do to get the BO smell off. I guess theres the tomato sauce solution you use for skunk attacks don\'t know if that would work. Only other thing I know is to try to cover it up with cologne. Better to smell like your OD on cologne then BO.

upsidedown
11-02-2002, 02:50 PM
I think someone has said that you can take a deodorant and rub it into the areas that you stink. That\'s supposed to remove the smell. You might try that.

franki
11-02-2002, 02:51 PM
I already used a cologne to cover it up, but the EW comes through everywhere. The girl in the subway sprayed a lot of deodorant in the air. For 5 or 6 seconds it smelled nice, but than the cheese of EW came through again big time. LOL ....

CptKipling
11-02-2002, 02:52 PM
Could just try a hot shower and scrub it off, then use a deoderant.

franki
11-02-2002, 02:54 PM
I have used deodorant now, but all to no avail. The EW-smell comes through everywhere.

Oh well, I just have to forget about going out today (and tomorrow) I guess.

upsidedown
11-02-2002, 03:07 PM
Faranki,

When you say a woman sprayed deodorant in the air....are you meaning to say she sprayed a perfume?

Maybe you did actually use a deodorant...by that I mean an antiperspirant like you put under your arms to keep the smell down. What you described sounds like you have just tried to cover the smell with a cologne or perfume.

Hope I didn\'t mis-interpret what you said or did. I\'m just going off of what it sounds like you were describing.

franki
11-02-2002, 03:12 PM
Sorry for the confusion. I used something that you normally spray in your armpits. You would call it an anti-perspirant, right?

The smell is already getting it a bit more bearable now after I sprayed so much stuff (cologne etc.) on, but it could also be that I slowly get used to it.

Anyone had an experience like I just had: Literally everybody I ran into immediately said it smelled BAD. That\' s very weird. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

DrSmellThis
11-02-2002, 03:16 PM
We owe this man a round of applause! (Or at least the clap...) Goin\' out with that shiteatin\' grin, smellin like the north end of a south bound mule! Bravo!

Howww did you get that much on you??

Maybe you need a hot, lavender bubble bath, with candles. Make yourself feel special, like a princess! Then maybe some beautiful silk underthings will block the smell...

Seriously, in my experiments using EW in perfume, I found lavender to work rather well in neutralizing the smell. Gee, I wonder why??

Others that seem to help with EW include amber, benzoin, patchouli, vetiver, ylang ylang, rose, jasmine, and labdanum.

But the first thing I\'d do is get a hold of some everclear alcohol or 151 rum and rub it over the area. Even rubbing alcohol might work in a pinch. Then take the above bubble bath and apply EO\'s.

You slut!

CptKipling
11-02-2002, 03:20 PM
lol

franki
11-02-2002, 03:20 PM
\"Goin\' out with that shiteatin\' grin\"

I must admit I had to insert my laugh, when everyone around me was complaining. A bit of the mad scientist in me coming through, I guess. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Thanks for the suggestions Doc!

jose
11-02-2002, 03:31 PM
That EW is very powerful stuff, I put 2 drops in a 10ml Atomizer diluted with Ethanol but you still smell that \"Pussy\" scent.

MaxiMog
11-02-2002, 11:27 PM
I spilt some on my fingers once, and I just put some Ylang Ylang EO on them. (it\'s a pretty strong smell itself, though not bad). By the time the scent was gone, the EW smell was completely gone, too.

MaxiMog
11-02-2002, 11:29 PM
LOL. Of course!

I put 2 drops in 1500 ml of water and still smell it perfectly!

Xehupatl
11-02-2002, 11:53 PM
hmmm .... /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

1. remember triall? drown yourself in vinegar!!
2. spray febreeze all over your body (could produce side-effects)

hopw I\'m not too late

**DONOTDELETE**
11-03-2002, 01:27 AM
Citrus fruits seem to take the smell away -- lemon in particular, but also orange and grapefruit. If your skin\'s not too sensitive, cut open a citrus fruit and rub it all over where the EW was and then wash it off in the shower. Orange Clean routed it out of my kitchen really effectively.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-03-2002, 01:28 AM
Why lavender?

EXIT63
11-03-2002, 03:32 AM
.....Maybe you need a hot, lavender bubble bath, with candles. Make yourself feel special, like a princess! Then maybe some beautiful silk underthings will block the smell...

Doc, I am freakin rollin on the g damn floor.

franki
11-03-2002, 04:03 AM
OK, it is now 15 hours after application and I smell reasonable again. When I sniff my arms I can still smell the stuff pretty strong though.

I don\'t know if all the suggestion here are useful /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif , but I will keep them in mind for next time.

Elana
11-03-2002, 04:32 AM
Franki,
I am happy to hear you don\'t smell as awful as you did, but I still think you should take DrSmellThis advice and video tape it for us. I bet you would look sexy in a red silk lacy teddy. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

proteus
11-03-2002, 08:30 AM
It\'s for exactly this reason that my EW is sitting unused on my shelf - attempted a mix once and couldn\'t get the smell off my hands for hours, and the room I was mixing it in smelt pretty bad for about 2 or so days. The idea of field testing it is therefore not at the top of my agenda

DrSmellThis
11-04-2002, 06:10 AM
Yes, I forgot: citrus works too. Even lemongrass.

Lavender has been used to freshen up coochies since God was young.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-04-2002, 06:25 AM
DrSmellThis, I have a question: a couple of months ago there was a conversation about lavender, which I had been using in lotion, soap and cologne, and the word was that lavender is NOT an aphrodesiac. Just lately we were talking about peppermint and you said that it IS an aphrodesiac. They\'re from the same plant family. What is the difference in effect of the two?

DrSmellThis
11-04-2002, 06:43 AM
Oh, and peppermint is also great to neutralize EW.

Lavender is often a very crucial addition to an aphrodisiac women\'s perfume, for it\'s powerful balancing and harmonizing effects. It plays a role consistent with French perfuming theory regarding aphrodisiacs (which refers to, not one effect, but a combination of effects.). I\'m doing EW/musk perfumes these days, and now wouldn\'t do one without lavender. Further, there is a study that suggests lavender as a turn-on for men. It is certainly not a turn-off in my opinion. Some others disagree, I guess.

The difference is that peppermint has more fire in it, and fire is directly related to passion. Remember the mint/oral sex discussion? Lavender is indirectly related.

MadMaxx
11-06-2002, 09:56 PM
I know this is late, but when I got pure EW on my fingers I rubbed the area with pure fresh garlic and it removed the EW smell completely. I was very impressed, since as you know, no amount of any detergent has any effect. The only reason I though of garlic was because I was doing some cooking and was going to be using a bunch of garlic.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-07-2002, 05:47 AM
Yeah, but then you\'re stuck with the smell of garlic. To me, that\'s like saying, ok, the way you neutralize the smell of EW is to get sprayed with a skunk. Or the way you get rid of a headache is to drop a bowling ball on your toe. How did you get rid of the garlic smell, or were you happy just to leave it at that?

Peppermint ... I love the smell in the house, especially. It clears my head, it\'s like this cleansing breeze, invigorating and calming at the same time. It helps me think more clearly.

MadMaxx
11-09-2002, 05:40 PM
FTR, I happen to love garlic; fresh garlic that is, and the smell of garlic being cooked, fried, or whatever. I do NOT like the smell of vile garlic breath on people or vile odor coming out of their pores after they eat it, but, when I rub fresh garlic on my fingers it is a nice fresh garlic smell. It isn\'t really comparable to how some peole reek after eating garlic. Thus, the smell doesn\'t bother me at all on my fingers. In fact, I like it. Why not? Garlic is one hell of a tasty cooking ingredient.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-09-2002, 07:30 PM
When ever something like this happens the key is to fill a tub with warm soapy water (add adding scented bubble bath helps) and soak in it for about an hour.

-The Bat

**DONOTDELETE**
11-11-2002, 05:37 PM
Ok, I get the clue : \"must use gloves when fooling around the pure EW bottle\"... /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Bruce will send me one (thanks again) and I think the first thing I\'ll do will be to prepare a 10% dilution. Then I\'ll only work with drops of this dillution to use in my experimental perfumes.

oscar
11-12-2002, 05:15 PM
Alchemist,

Do yourself a favor and prepare a 1% dilution instead. I started working with a 10% solution and ended up adding over 15mL of SOE to one drop and I could still clearly smell the EW.

1 part EW in 4000 parts of scented product mimics the concentration of PCC.
Unless you\'ve got 400 drops of scented product to risk with one drop of .1EW, you\'re much better off at the .01 concentration for experimentation purposes.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-12-2002, 07:00 PM
I will make a 10% dilution not to use it as is but to blend with other mix, ending up with a final concentration of maybe 1/1000 ... In other words I\'ll do it to be able to add 1/10 of a drop to small batch of phero mix...

**DONOTDELETE**
11-12-2002, 09:06 PM
Ok... exchanged PMs with someone who already experimented with the stuff... I\'ll make it a 1% dillution (1 drop EW and 99 drops alcohol) first and at worst if it\'s not enough, it will be easyer to add some more EW than to add tons of solvant.

With my first experiment I plan to use only 1 or 2 % of this diluted EW (making it .01 to .02%). Note that I\'m planing to make a perfume for women with that stuff so maybe I will end up adding more. We will see...