PDA

View Full Version : The #1 scent found to be the best aphrodisiac

**DONOTDELETE**
11-02-2002, 01:50 PM
See I knew watching Discovery would pay off somehow or another. I was watching Discovery Health or maybe it was Discovery Science, can\'t remember there are like 5 different Discovery channels now, not that I\'m complaining because I\'ve always liked learning channels and now I get to choose my favorites. Anyway while surfing I happened upon a little jewel called Aphrodisiacs and they talked about pheromones among other things. One thing that was of real interest was when they mentioned a researcher testing scents on victims, er I mean subjects to find the most stimulating aphrodisiacs. Oddly enough the number one stimulating scent for women turned out to be the licorice smell of the candy Good\'NPlenty. So the gears in my head started turning a little and I was wondering if maybe a concoction could be made using this scent. I thought maybe there might be some licorice scented oil that could be used or maybe somehow the scent could be harvested from the candy somehow. Anyway I was hoping some of you might be able to give suggestions. I\'ll let you know what I find out.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-02-2002, 01:54 PM
Wasn\'t it the smell of \"Good N\' Plenty\" and cucumber?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-02-2002, 02:05 PM
I only remember Good\'NPlenty but I think i would prefer to wear the smell of it rather than cucumber, heh.

MOBLEYC57
11-02-2002, 02:07 PM
Yup!!! That\'s it!!! I got some of the colonge, and it smells a LOT like baby podwer...it\'s called Sexual Arousal..S&A. Comes in men and women\'s formula. When i first bought it...it was 39.00, it\'s now 24.00 Can anyone say FLUKE!!!? And it didn\'t smell like no Good n Plenty!!

**DONOTDELETE**
11-02-2002, 02:11 PM
Any results with the cologne alone? With Pheros too?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-02-2002, 02:15 PM
It is Good \'N Plenty and cucumber or banana nut bread! LOL

http://webmd.lycos.com/content/article/1728.55035 (\"http://webmd.lycos.com/content/article/1728.55035\")

Paul canada
11-02-2002, 02:15 PM
Hi Lokiman:

A good and relatively cheap e-oil is \"Anise Seed\" it is very potent you only need to use one drop.And yes it smells like licorice!! I ordered RM and I plan to mix RM and Anise Seed together. Go to the Forum Files and look under e-oils lots of great info there.

Hope this helps

Paul

**DONOTDELETE**
11-02-2002, 02:17 PM
Where can I buy that cologne? Science is cool.

MOBLEYC57
11-02-2002, 02:19 PM
Nope!!! Didn\'t do a thing to my girl...she didn\'t even comment on the cologne. I wore it until it was gone...haven\'t repurchased. It smelled really pretty...like baby powder kind of. I smelt no Good n Plenty!!!

DrSmellThis
11-02-2002, 03:26 PM
Anise and licorice are traditionally thought to support women\'s endocrine systems and estrogen production - hence the sexual arousal. You might be better off keeping a bowl of good-n-plenty in your apartment.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-02-2002, 09:50 PM
Anis-seed oil????????

Why not just buy some OUZO and use that?
(for those not in the now ouzo is a greek type of anis flavored booze(about 50+% alcohol and it reeks of anis seed)

Satan

MaxiMog
11-02-2002, 11:18 PM
Don\'t start talking about OUZO!! (it\'s good, but I gave me some severe headaches when I went to Greece in spring this year!)

Always adjust to the habits of the country you\'re going to!

Anyway, I have anise EO. Pretty good IMO. Gonna give it a try!

**DONOTDELETE**
11-02-2002, 11:31 PM
As with all alcohol its should be *for external use only*

Satan

People think I am weird when I say that I donĀ“t drink
(the national sport in Norway is \"binge and puke\")

MaxiMog
11-02-2002, 11:35 PM
Believe me, I\'m not a good drinker at all, and only drink on special occasions.

One of my best friends (a great guy with women BTW!) doesn\'t drink. It never causes any problems and all of the guys respect his opinion.

MaxiMog
11-02-2002, 11:42 PM
Pimpinella anisum Turkey, Wild Anise, \"the fisherman\'s friend\" is possibly best known for its use in fisherman\'s soap...it is said to remove all human scent so that fish will be more apt to bite. It has a warm, sweet licorice aroma, sweeter than fennel.

Anise is said to have strong estrogen mimicing properties...it\'s herbal form is used to increase milk secretion with nursing mothers, and as a treatment for lack of menstruation. Diluted in a carrier, the oil may ease painful menstruation an cramps.

That scent neutralizing might be good for franki\'s EW OD, too. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

MaxiMog
11-03-2002, 12:50 AM
NEone who knows a good EO blend with anise?

jvkohl
11-03-2002, 02:03 AM
The work mentioned is by Alan Hirsch, a neurologist who is somewhat of a media hound. I\'m quite certain that none of his results would stand up well under peer review, which explains why he rarely publishes in the research journals. Best I can say is that he gets interesting results with consciously processed odors, and these results are --at best--only due to odor associations at the subconscious level (as by association with pheromones). Any other effects: like the smell of pumpkin pie paired with arousal, are not likely to be associated directly with sexual arousal, though people seem ready to buy into the data that Hirsch says supports such nonsense.

EXIT63
11-03-2002, 03:01 AM
\"Once upon a time their was an engineer
Doctor Smell This was his name we hear
He had an engine and he sure had fun
He used GoodnPlenty candy
To make his girl hummmm\"

**DONOTDELETE**
11-03-2002, 09:39 AM
Here\'s my burning question - are smells supposed to work by association, or are smells other than pheromones also working somehow in our systems, triggering something in a glandular way?

I bought some pumpkin pie spice oil to burn in oil warmers for special occasions -- what if it only makes him think about Thanksgiving? It smells nice but I don\'t feel turned on by it. ...

**DONOTDELETE**
11-03-2002, 09:57 AM
Can anyone find any other studies on scents done? I haven\'t been able to find anything on the internet. The only things I find just mention the studies done by Dr. Hirsch, like he\'s the only one who has. I remember seeing a news special years ago and it mentioned that Cinnamon Rolls were the most stimulating scent to men. It didn\'t say what was most for women. Though, that study could have been done by Hirsch also. I would like to see a study done by someone else.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-04-2002, 06:46 PM
I would be carefull with anise/licorice smells if you live in America, anis flavored drink are not very popular here. In Europe it could be more popular, judging from their long history of drinking ouzo, pastis and even absinthe (which was mainly made of wormwood and anis seeds).

**DONOTDELETE**
11-04-2002, 09:51 PM
I love drinking Absinthe - how I miss partying in Prague...anyone wanna mail me a bottle? PM me /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

DrSmellThis
11-05-2002, 02:49 AM
lol. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

EXIT63
11-05-2002, 03:08 AM
I can\'t believe no one remembers Choo Choo Charlie.

I must really be getting old.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-05-2002, 01:44 PM
You can buy some absinthe all around the web. Just make sure you don\'t get ripped off. I recommend those : Emile pernot 68 or Francois Guy, two french absinthe traditionnally made (not just a bad mix of alcohol and oils).

list of online shop : http://www.sepulchritude.com/chapelperilous/absinthe/absinthe-vendors.html (\"http://www.sepulchritude.com/chapelperilous/absinthe/absinthe-vendors.html\")

If you\'r trying to pick up an artistic/literary kind of woman, it\'s a must !

**DONOTDELETE**
11-05-2002, 02:09 PM
thanks alchemist. I\'ll check it out /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-05-2002, 02:09 PM
There y\'go. A pack of Gitanes, and you\'re in business.

Whitehall
11-05-2002, 02:23 PM
Don\'t forget the black beret....

**DONOTDELETE**
11-05-2002, 02:27 PM
Edith Piaf on the stereo...

seriously, though - I thought that stuff was bad for you. (not Edith Piaf - absinthe and pernod)

Mtnjim
11-05-2002, 03:07 PM
Back when they used Wormwood to make it it was. Drove E. A. Poe(?) insane.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-05-2002, 03:40 PM
It\'s allright if you use it small quantities. But I wouldn\'t drink the stuff everyday /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-05-2002, 06:50 PM
It\'s not bad. there\'s a whole historical story that could take me pages to explain here so just go to this sepulchritude web site and read the FAQs...

In short what was bad was high alcohol ...and some cheap brand using poisonous artificial coloring and such. Some group had commercial agenda and where pushing the prohibition... It\'s not poisonous and it wont make you high (maybe a little bit hyper like drinking expresso and vodka at the same time but not \"high\").

Most absinthes today are badly made and are very far from what was premium brands like Pernod&Fils circa 1900 but if you follow my recommendation, you won\'t have a perfectly historically acurate drink but you won\'t be far from it.

http://www.sepulchritude.com/chapelperilous/absinthe/index.html (\"http://www.sepulchritude.com/chapelperilous/absinthe/index.html\")

jvkohl
11-06-2002, 06:51 PM
Consciously perceived odors work with pheromones (acting on the unconscious) to condition the sexual response cycle by altering hormone levels. In this regard, the odor of Good and Plenty might be associated with increased libido on a first date; when you went to a movie with a member of the opposite sex. On the other hand, I think that work by Hirsch stretches things a bit thinly.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-07-2002, 06:47 AM
I\'m old too. I remember \"choo choo charlie vividly, and that damn song.. To this day, I remember every word... Those old commercials of the mid sixities to early 70\'s were pretty whacked..