PDA

View Full Version : How much Edge?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-02-2002, 12:49 PM
I\'m thinking about placing an order (not for Edge but the free sample comes with it) The thing is I\'m afraid to try Edge. From what I remember people saying it is very strong. Right? How many sprays do people use? What kind of reactions do they get with that?

EXIT63
11-02-2002, 01:00 PM
Don\'t be afraid of the edge. It\'s a great product. You just have to experiment. Last week I had a young barmaid DIHLing to the point where she forgot to charge me for beer and food. This girl has never bought me a beer before so I must attribute it to the pheros.

1 spray of TE unscented on the front of my jeans. One spray of attraction to cover the stench. (didn\'t cover it but so what. I stink in the name of pheroscience), 2 dabs of RM behind the ears and I was ready to ROCK AND ROLL.

DrSmellThis
11-02-2002, 04:26 PM
I\'d like to know how many dabs/sprays people use as well.

I\'ve been using one spray to the hair, then a dab under each armpit, crotch, and crack; and a split drop to wrists, ears, and arms.

That\'s one spray and 4.5 dabs. I figured people get away with 2-3 dabs pf NPA, or 2-3 sprays of Edge; so that translates to 8-12 dabs of Edge; or mabe 1 spray and 4-6 dabs.

Who knows how accurate all this is? I think an Edge dab is of a bigger volume than an NPA dab, due to the wide mouth bottle, so I\'m probably OD\'ing.

I\'ve just started exclusively experimenting with Edge for my -none source. I might want to make the transition to using only LaCroy -none for the sexual hits and other mones. I don\'t have it down yet, though. Some folks seem to report boosting the NPA -none a little with something else is effective.

That leads me to believe that the best overall pre-prepared product wallop might be NPA/AE/SOE mixed with a litle A1 (and EW??).

What do the rest of you -none lovers think? I\'d ask Oscar and Whitehall, but I think they\'re -nol folk. Watcher?

EXIT63
11-03-2002, 03:39 AM
Yeah, I gotta admit... I\'m wingin it.

I don\'t get alot of DIHLs. But that one was supercharged. Now...If I could only re create that formula. Hmm.....how many dabs was that?

oscar
11-03-2002, 03:37 PM
Doc,

No, I\'m an A-None fan. I\'ll go a long time using only -None based mixes, without incorporating -Nol at all, and in any smorgasbord-type application where I\'m dropping and dabbing this and that, A-None will almost always be my primary phero. The only time that I\'ve ever made a mix that had no A-None in it was when I would get three atomizers, all with the same fragrance, but one would be an NPA mix, another would be an SOE chem-set clone, and the third would contain A1 or P10. This strategy gave quite a bit of phero flexibility, but tied up three atomizers with the same base fragrance.

The Edge was one of the first products I bought from Love-Scent. I quickly discovered that even one spray was usually too much for me. So I just look at my TE bottle as an open mouth bottle with an elaborate cap. Sometimes I\'ll use the sprayer tube as a wand to dab on tiny amounts, at other times I\'ll use an eyedropper to add one drop to my hair gel. One drop of TE seems to pack almost the same A-None aroma as a drop of P10 which has about 5 times the A-None content.
But I can\'t argue that the None in P10, even at the higher concentration is any more effective than TE. They seem about equal. There is something about La Croy\'s stuff that defies explanation.

I prefer to use NPA since I usually pre-mix my pheros with colognes for use in pocket atomizers. I recently got hold of some Green Irish Tweed and I\'m totally taken with its fragrance. So my new quandry is not how much cologne I need to use to cover the pheros, but rather how little pheros I can add without negatively impacting the fragrance of the cologne.

The best use I\'ve found thus far for TE is using it to augment Lure (1:1). Lure has such an intense fragrance that using TE with its extra alcohol helped dilute the fragrance to a tolerable level, and gave the mix that magical None + ?? punch.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-03-2002, 07:20 PM
Oscar, so youre using Lure? Can you use Lure as a cover fragrance, iguess what im asking is, does Lure smell strong enough that it could cover for say PI or TE? Also, what is your opinion of the IR colgones that contain NOL only? thanks

DrSmellThis
11-04-2002, 05:53 AM
interesting..but a bit counterintuitive. I guess I\'ll remain confused for a while longer.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-04-2002, 10:15 AM
Less has been more for me I suppose... 1 to 2 sprays max directly to the front of my shirt and a cologne applied to my neck, arms, and the back of my ears is awesome.

oscar
11-04-2002, 04:11 PM
boobster,

Lure is strong enough to cover the scent of PI on a skunk. It\'s a sweet musky fragrance that people either love or hate.
Even at half strength, in the 1:1 mix with TE, the scent was still a little too much for me. I only used it a few times.
I ended up giving this mix away to a guy who was thrilled with it. It seems his wife loved the fragrance, and responded quite positively to the pheros. He said something about naming the baby after me.

My Lure bottle has pretty much been gathering dust since making that mix. The TE doesn\'t really see much action either. If I could get an atomizer that sprays much less volume I\'d probably be a bigger fan of TE. I think that the new version that Bruce mentioned with the lower concentration might be more to my tastes. I suppose the next time I run out of NPA I could add some Everclear to TE to cut it to an acceptable level.

When I said that \"the best use I\'ve found for TE was mixing it with Lure...\", I probably gave the mistaken impression that this was a favorite of mine. Not the case. I would have more clearly stated my position if I\'d said \"practically the ONLY use I\'ve found.....\".
Both Lure and TE are too strong for me. Lure for its fragrance, and TE for its A-None aroma (at the delivered volume of the accompanying sprayer). But that doesn\'t stop me from experimenting with them. There\'s always something you can do to deal with something that\'s too strong.

I hope that clarifies things.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-04-2002, 07:38 PM
oscar, thank you so much for the clarification...if you dont mind, i have one more question please...i was thinking about ordering LUre as a stand alone nol cologne...in your opinion, does it attract women as a stand alone? thank you again

**DONOTDELETE**
11-04-2002, 09:40 PM
Oscar,
I can\'t tell you how reassuring it is to hear that I\'m not the only one who couldn\'t make TE work for me. I\'m working on making PPA work, but so far no luck. I guess it\'s all in the mixology /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

oscar
11-05-2002, 09:50 AM
boobster,

As I said, Lure is a very intense sweet musky fragrance. It needs to be applied sparingly for this reason, but it is an appealing scent. And it does appear to have a decent quantity of Androstenol in there.

At @$20 it\'s worth trying in my opinion. I suppose that like any fragrance, how well it works for any specific individual depends on skin PH and a number of other variables.

oscar
11-05-2002, 09:57 AM
RscuRngr,

Being the kind of person who hates to waste anything, and knowing how well TE\'s sister product (NPA) works, what I\'ll do is wait until my TE bottle is half full, then fill it to the top with some Everclear.
At 50% concentration I don\'t foresee having a problem with the smell of one spray.

Whitehall
11-05-2002, 11:18 AM
Sorry, Dr SmellThis, but I\'m a NONE man. \'Nol has it\'s role in one\'s armory (nice pun, what?) but it is only an auxiliary to \'none for what I usually want to do - which is inspire sexual hits in women and/or enhance my prestige in the workplace. For non-sexual socializing where I don\'t need or want to reinforce my dominance, then \'nol, as in SoE or SPMO, is fine.

For example, I do have a bottle of Lure for Women - it\'s best use for me is in a scent ball to provide a room dose of \'nol.

As to the question of how much TE, I\'m a two spray guy. My very best evening with pheromones hit-wise was with repeated sprays of TE in a crowded club - most would expect the cumulative dose to be an OD but it sure worked for me! (Thread - \"And the hits just kept on coming\" in the Archive.)

**DONOTDELETE**
11-05-2002, 02:18 PM
I personally can\'t smell unscented TE. I may try using it mixed with something else just to use the bottle up. Of course it will be a good learning experience. TE didn\'t work when I first tried it, but I was using 4 sprays (way OD???) as far as I can tell, it should work in a smaller dose.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-08-2002, 11:02 PM
bump