PDA

View Full Version : anyone know of anything to help me grow taller?

xxxPantero
11-01-2002, 01:11 AM
i\'m sure there\'s a way for me to grow a bit taller

i\'d like to go from 5\'9 to 5\'11
once there, that will be good enough for me /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

anyone know of any theories or facts on how to make myself taller?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-01-2002, 10:21 AM
In medieval times they had a rack (can\'t remember the exact name) that stretched people...of course that was used for torture. I russia they use 2 horses tied to ones arms and legs, they gallop away from each other. Unfortunately it tends to be fatal, and is used on tax evaders and other criminals. then there is always the gallows, but that\'s a pain in the neck...hardee har har. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

for now I would suggest maybe some lifts - either insoles or the whole shoe.

Xehupatl
11-01-2002, 11:55 AM
Confucius say ...
it does not matter if tall on the outside
as long as tall on the inside!

cheers

Whitehall
11-01-2002, 12:04 PM
Sorry, once you reach a certain age (16?), your bones calcify and you can not grow taller barring major, expensive, and painful surgery.

The best solution is to go someplace where people are shorter. I remember working on the east coast and being rather pleased that my height was relatively greater vis a vis the average male height in Connecticut compared to California.

If you\'re a short Watusi, then move to Bushman territory.

Seriously, thicK soles and heels on your shoes and boots can add a half an inch.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-01-2002, 01:10 PM
I was watching a program about asian women who are hving their shin-bones cut, then gradually pulling them apart to force bone growth (the bone trying to heal). They gain a full centimeter in about a year. But very painful, expensive, and it leaves nasty scars....

**DONOTDELETE**
11-01-2002, 01:22 PM
5\' 9\" is not a bad height.

But wearing boots helps. I used to date this guy who was about your height - he wore boots with heels in the winter, and a big down jacket. An aquaintance saw me with him in the summer, without the jacket and boots, and asked who the guy was (his hair was a little different by then, too) -- I said same guy I was with at Christmas - she said NO! it\'s not! That guy was HUGE!

It was the boots and jacket, that\'s all. Made him look taller and bigger in the upper body.

Bruce
11-01-2002, 01:28 PM
Move to Japan. At 5\' 9\" you will still tower over the girls. I am 6\' and that extra height did not do me any good with the women, maybe hurt me. I might have mentioned this but I lived for 8 years very near one of the biggest athletics oriented universities in Japan and very very heavy on the women\'s sports. I used to share the weightroom with the women\'s volleyball team for a while, and later often bumped into them jogging around the neighborhood or on their way home from practise. To me, you couldn\'t find a more beautiful collection of healthy young girls but to the average Japanese guy they were the goon squad and virtually untouchable. I don\'t think any of them were taller than me. An average height foreigner could walk away with the pick of the litter. A very lonely bunch of girls chaneling all their physical energy into sports. :-)

Move to Japan,
Bruce

krtel
11-01-2002, 01:52 PM
Yes, 5\'9 isnt bad. Hell I\'m 5\'8, and I\'m WAY TOO SHORT! /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

- Krish

druid
11-01-2002, 02:12 PM
hey man 5\'9\" is not short, it is more like average. I am only one inch taller than u and I am happy. I will tell though at your height you can bulk up a lot easier than taller guys. A guy of your height or less (hell lee preist is only like 5\'4\" and he has the most arms in bodybuilding) has certain advantages when weight lifting. Like bench pressing for example since your arms are shorter than a guy who is 6\' you don\'t have to press the weight as far to do a full rep. Or squatting, tall guys tend to get pulled forward but short guys can do perfect squats. Hey Jay Cutler is 5\'9\" and weighs like 270 and thick as fcking hell. he is over 300 in the off season.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-01-2002, 03:50 PM
You are so right, I\'m 6\'2\" about 175lbs...my heaviest ever was 190lbs. I just can\'t bulk up. Tried super weight gainer 9000. Hit the gym 5 days a week etc.etc.etc. Finally gave up and accepted my body.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-01-2002, 04:13 PM
What\'s appealing about a guy who\'s 5\'9\"-ish is that for a woman of average height, if he hugs you, you get full body contact. A guy who\'s 6 feet or over has to bend down to hug you and even if he doesn\'t, your parts don\'t match up.

A friend of mine who was 6\'3\" used to complain he could never find any women tall enough so that he didn\'t always feel like he was \"humping a chicken.\" lol

Every body type has its own allure and advantages.

druid
11-01-2002, 04:33 PM
try cuttin back on the volume and uping the intensity (poundage). When u work out u generate stress hormones that actually tear muscle. You only want some tearing because when that heals the muscle becomes stronger. This way your test and GH gets maximized while corsitol and adrenline get minimized.

MaxiMog
11-02-2002, 02:01 AM
Yep, that\'s why I prefer women who are about the same height as me. Just a tiny bit smaller, that I like the most! (I\'m 5\'11\" so 5\'10\" is probably the best way to go for me)

Cloud9
06-03-2003, 07:49 PM
Growth Hormones can still increase your height no matter how old you are really because it recreates/simulates the growth period all over again. You can re-grow aged organs, get taller, build muscle, and a whole lot more. You should talk to your doctor about growth hormone and increasing your height. I could be wrong about still growing taller, but I think it still keeps you growing because people with pituatary gland tumors keep growing after adulthood....And by the way Men can grow all the way up until they are 21-22 years old. It is women that stop growing when they are 16.

Andy
06-03-2003, 09:44 PM
Sorry Cloud, but you can\'t grow taller once your growth joints are closed. Specialized physicians will take some x-ray pictures and use hgh treatment only if they are still open. The option (that is no real option imho) is breaking and stretching out of the bone.

DZorro
08-29-2003, 12:07 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
i\'m sure there\'s a way for me to grow a bit taller
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;i\'d like to go from 5\'9 to 5\'11
&lt;br&gt;once there, that will be good enough for me &lt;img src=\"/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif\"&gt;
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;anyone know of any theories or facts on how to make myself taller?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

actually xxxPantero, there is a way but you have to be between the age of 12 to 25 years old /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif what u bummer for me because i\'m 26 so this won\'t work for me but i\'m 6.0 and never really had a problem, but since i live here in the netherlands there are a lot of girls here who are taller then myself, so i could have used this too, if only i had heard of it sooner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif, you won\'t believe it but i danced last saterday with a girl here who was like 6\'2 and i\'m just 6\'0 foot tall,but it was fun though, go to this site
http://www.heightmax.com/growthformula.htm (\"http://www.heightmax.com/growthformula.htm\") it explanes what can be done.
Hopes this helps,

DZorro,

Holmes
08-29-2003, 12:23 PM
Or these? (Opinions, please.) www.heightclinic.com (\"http://www.heightclinic.com\") or www.parmalab.com (\"http://www.parmalab.com\"). I\'ve been looking into this kind of thing as well.

Holmes

DZorro
08-29-2003, 12:50 PM
Or these? (Opinions, please.) www.heightclinic.com (\"http://www.heightclinic.com\") or www.parmalab.com (\"http://www.parmalab.com\"). I\'ve been looking into this kind of thing as well.

Holmes

Holmes i didn\'t know that thanks i\'l check them out.
I guess there\'s a chance for me to grow still. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DZorro,

Holmes
08-29-2003, 07:32 PM
Another thing that\'s been known to help with this is the Alexander Technique.

Holmes

krtel
08-29-2003, 09:01 PM
Hmmmmm, I don\'t know. I\'m really skeptic about taking a pill that is supposed to make me taller. It just doesen\'t seem like something that can work. :\\

MaxiMog
08-30-2003, 12:05 AM
Maybe this can be of help: http://www.wendi.com/Hypnosis/Grow_Taller/grow_taller.html (\"http://www.wendi.com/Hypnosis/Grow_Taller/grow_taller.html\")

CptKipling
08-30-2003, 04:03 AM
I recently heard of a credible \"Breast Enlargement\" technique that involved hypnosis, where they regressed you back to a certain age and then this woman\'s breats grew. So maybe this website has some credability.

DZorro
08-30-2003, 04:40 AM
I recently heard of a credible \"Breast Enlargement\" technique that involved hypnosis, where they regressed you back to a certain age and then this woman\'s breats grew. So maybe this website has some credability.

Wow didn\'t know that, do they have a penis enlarge ment too ?? like when you where 20 years old and all of a sudden your dick starts to grow ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif That would be cool,

DZorro,

ToBeOrNotToBe
08-30-2003, 04:48 AM
http://www.growtaller.com/ (\"http://www.growtaller.com/\")

Holmes
08-30-2003, 07:15 AM
Maybe this can be of help: http://www.wendi.com/Hypnosis/Grow_Taller/grow_taller.html (\"http://www.wendi.com/Hypnosis/Grow_Taller/grow_taller.html\")

Very interesting!

Holmes

DZorro
08-30-2003, 09:59 AM

Wow didn\'t know that, do they have a penis enlarge ment too ?? like when you where 20 years old and all of a sudden your dick starts to grow ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif That would be cool,

DZorro,

That was just a joke. Sorry bout that, but do you really believe that hypnosis can do that ??? I really think that hypnosis can help you get more confident and things like that, but really make your breast grow, is a whole new ball game. If you say grow, is it permenent ??? i mean they can enlarge my penis two with hypnosis but they would probebly, do something like implant sexual thoughts to my head , and that would enlarge it two, but it won\'t be permenant. I think i\'m a bit sceptical about hypnosis that\'s all. and i\'m not trying to diss any one either, sorry if it does seem like that.

DZorro,

CptKipling
08-30-2003, 10:41 AM
No I\'m serious too.

I assume what they do is regress you so your body thinks it\'s \"of that age\", thus releasing the right hormones etc. They did it because this woman had one breast bigger than the other, but they ended up having to reduce them both /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Now, nobody get me wrong and take this as a wonder cure or anything, but I\'m just saying it\'s worth looking into.

DZorro
08-30-2003, 10:49 AM
Oh oke in that case, i\'l think i\'m gonna have a look in this
then. Well if it really was perminant then it could be interesting indeed.

DZorro,

Holmes
08-30-2003, 10:53 AM
I had heard of using hypnosis to grow taller a number of times, actually...basically a matter of instructing the Pituitary to increase GH production. Makes sense. I
wonder if it would work for those...other issues...hmmmmm

Holmes

MaxiMog
08-30-2003, 11:18 AM
&gt;&gt;&gt;Sorry bout that, but do you really believe that hypnosis can do that ??? &lt;&lt;&lt;

Yes!

&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;If you say grow, is it permenent ???&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

Yes.

Do I have any experience with it?

Breast enlargement? No thank, I\'m a male.

Penis enlargement? Don\'t need it. I\'m pretty fine the way I am.

But certainly in the breast department, you\'ll find more people saying that hypnosis CAN enlarge them than people saying you can\'t (those being just skeptics without any real experience or whatever. I\'m talking about hypnosis people here of course, not skeptics like yourself.)

There have been certain fun stories about hypnosis which if true (and I really think they are) make practically everything possible with hypnosis.

There\'s people who are hypnotised who are made to believe that when a certain object (I dunno which anymore) touches their skin, it\'ll leave a burning mark. The object isn\'t even hot or anything, it\'s possibly just a little piece of cold metal.

When their skin is touched, they behave as if they\'ve been burny but not only that, they actually grow a burning scar. Their mind believes they\'ve been burnt, and their skin acts accordingly. (The oppsite being true also: really burning them but making them believe they haven\'t been ==&gt; they do not form any scars!!)

Hypnosis is also used to reduce scars. It\'s quite strange that there\'s something like scar tissue. It looks different, yet it\'s DNA and the cell itself behave the same way. Still, when an old scar cell dies and new ones are formed, the new ones are scar cells once again, even though the DNA is still the same of a healthy skin cell. Apparently the cell must have a certain memory. HYpnotizinfg people and getting them to visualize the scar getting smaller seems to alter the cells\' memories so that they once again turn into healthy cells upon dividing.

Jones
08-30-2003, 12:32 PM
Although this is possible, right now the truth of the following statement is not supported by ANY science. This is basically just anecdotal.

\"There\'s people who are hypnotised who are made to believe that when a certain object (I dunno which anymore) touches their skin, it\'ll leave a burning mark. The object isn\'t even hot or anything, it\'s possibly just a little piece of cold metal.

When their skin is touched, they behave as if they\'ve been burny but not only that, they actually grow a burning scar. Their mind believes they\'ve been burnt, and their skin acts accordingly. (The oppsite being true also: really burning them but making them believe they haven\'t been ==&gt; they do not form any scars!!)\"

I would have to say that this is a nice story, but it hasent been done and never will be.

While someone may feel \'burned\' through this hypnosis, there is no way that cells will char themselves just becuase you think your burned.

Just becuase you think something is real, doesnt mean it is. I get shot in my dream all the time, but when I wake up i dont call 911.

Nice story. Its a good myth.

CptKipling
08-30-2003, 12:40 PM
That\'s not what he means.

When you get burnt your skin reacts in a certain way, he is talking about replicating or subduing that reaction.

Jones
08-30-2003, 01:29 PM
I dont doubt that there are ways to speed up healing, but yours get burned ONLY when that are physically burned.

If I chained you to a wall and heated a metal rod until it was white hot and secretly swapped it with a one that was frozen and then pressed it up against your arm, you would scream when you felt that cold sensation becuase you think your being burned, but when you remove the rod you will do no burn markes.

If I load a guy with blanks and make you think youve been shot, do you get hurt? No. But I thought believing was enough?

CptKipling
08-30-2003, 02:07 PM
Hey dont look at me, he said it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I never said I agreed with all this stuff, accept for what I posted about on the other page.

MaxiMog
08-30-2003, 03:08 PM
Alright then, don\'t believe me. It doesn\'t really make a difference to me.

&lt;&lt;&lt;I would have to say that this is a nice story, but it hasent been done and never will be .&gt;&gt;&gt; /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

&lt;&lt;&lt;Although this is possible, right now the truth of the following statement is not supported by ANY science.&gt;&gt;&gt;

I find that quite odd reasoning... Does something have to be scientifically explained for it to be real? Isn\'t it quite the opposite? If I didn\'t know better I\'d say that the way science works is that we observe FACTS and build a THEORY trying to explain those facts.

You denied in your first quoted sentence that the FACTS ever occured. (But how would you know?) If you deny the facts beforehand, don\'t be surprised that there is never gonna be a scientific explanation (read: theory TRYING to explain the facts), that the statement is not supported by ANY science.

Kifer85
08-30-2003, 05:52 PM
I dunno...
Taking a formula that somehow promises hight gain doesn\'t just sound a bit rediculous, but in a lot of ways dangerous. Chemically forcing your body to do something it wasn\'t meant to do sounds somewhat risky. The growtaller.com system sounds interesting based on the excersise-centered approach, and would be the only one i would consider trying. The other hypnosis- and drug-based systems sound like patent medicines.

Elana
08-30-2003, 06:15 PM
I can help. We will tie your feet to a tree, and your wrists to the bumper of my car, and I will drive really fast. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes
08-30-2003, 06:20 PM
I\'ve already tried that one. All it did was mess up a perfectly good pair of shoes.

Holmes

Elana
08-31-2003, 05:09 AM
I\'ve already tried that one. All it did was mess up a perfectly good pair of shoes.

Holmes

I was just trying to help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Give me some time....I\'ll come up with a better idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DZorro
09-03-2003, 01:15 AM
Iv\'e found a new site you might wanna check out too, it\'s called www.heightfix.com (\"http://www.heightfix.com\") it\'s a product you can combine with the other product called B-Growth.

DZorro,

darkness
09-03-2003, 04:41 PM
has anyone actually tried any of this stuff?

DZorro
09-04-2003, 01:11 PM

Not yet, still waiting for my order though. I ordered Heightmax and B-growth, i only hope it will be sufficient To gain in height though.

DZorro,

Holmes
09-05-2003, 12:17 PM

Nope, hence the questions and speculation. It would be great if even one of these products or programs actually lived up to its claims.

I just ordered the Growtaller exercise program myself. And I will give Elana\'s method another go--this time without the snakeskin boots on... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Holmes

DZorro
09-06-2003, 02:31 AM

Well i finally got my order from B-growth in the mailbox today, so this will take 3 months to test out, and once i finished completly i post my growth witch i accomplished in the coming 3 months, in an form of an excel file for every one to see.

DZorro

DZorro
09-28-2003, 01:26 PM

Well i finally got my order from B-growth in the mailbox today, so this will take 3 months to test out, and once i finished completly i post my growth witch i accomplished in the coming 3 months, in an form of an excel file for every one to see.

DZorro

So far not much to report, only after 3 weeks, my height has increased by 0.5 mm 1/5 of an inch i think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Not much. But i do feel a lot better after heavy excercises.
i used to 183 cm now i\'m 183.5 cm So i\'m growing a bit. In the morning my height even increases to 184.5 but at night it shrinks back to my original height. 183.5 cm

DZorro,

Mtnjim
09-29-2003, 09:14 AM
\"In the morning my height even increases to 184.5 but at night it shrinks back to my original height. 183.5 cm\"

Everyone is taller in the morning. People \"compress\" during the day from being in an upright position.

Holmes
09-29-2003, 09:16 AM
Right, people are usually an inch or so taller in the morning.

Holmes

DZorro
09-29-2003, 12:26 PM
Right, people are usually an inch or so taller in the morning.

Holmes

you sure about that ??
I was one of those persons that never slept long more like 5 to 6 hours a day, but never really noticed any increase in height like this before, now i sleep 8 to 9 hours, it\'s now visible that i am almost an inch taller in the morning.

DZorro,

Mtnjim
09-29-2003, 01:30 PM
\"you sure about that ??\"

Yep!, Unless you sleep standing up the disks in the spine uncompress, and the joints(knees)uncompress also.

Holmes
09-29-2003, 01:38 PM

you sure about that ??

Unfortunately.

Holmes

ToBeOrNotToBe
09-30-2003, 09:06 AM
An old person is some cm shorter than he/she was as a teenager. That\'s because of the loss of part of the fluid in the intervertebral disks.

DZorro
10-04-2003, 01:48 PM
Today was exectly 1 month ago that i start using B-growth, and today was weird my knees and body felt

like it was being torn apart like being streched to it\'s fullest, this morning i measured myself again, and i was

185.5 cm normally before i started this treatment i always was 183 cm because i was one of those people that never

slept very long like 5 to 6 hours always been enough, but now i sleep like 8 to 9 hours and i see big diffrent\'s

and this evening i measured myself and i was 184 cm. i did not shrink back to 183.5, so you can say iv\'e grown

with B-growth exectly 1cm that 2/5 of an inch for those that don\'t now cm. This treatment will last two more

month.

DZorro,

Holmes
10-04-2003, 01:59 PM
Good to hear, D. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Holmes

dogsbutt
10-15-2003, 06:59 AM
</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
That was just a joke. Sorry bout that, but do you really believe that

hypnosis can do that ??? I really think that hypnosis can help you get more confident and things like that, but

really make your breast grow, is a whole new ball game. If you say grow, is it permenent ??? i mean they can enlarge

my penis two with hypnosis but they would probebly, do something like implant sexual thoughts to my head , and that

would enlarge it two, but it won\'t be permenant. I think i\'m a bit sceptical about hypnosis that\'s all. and

i\'m not trying to diss any one either, sorry if it does seem like that.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Hey there. I\'m a clinical hypnotist here in Boston and, for a while, I was making most of

my money by doing ONLY breast enlargement hypnosis as a cheap alternative to paying for implants.

Some of my

clients were from advertising, but most were from referrals! Which means that people noticed actual physical change

and wanted what their friends had.

The average increase was 1 cup size (the largest change I ever had was from a

small A to a large B/borderline C cup).

So, yeah, IT WORKS. And the results are permanent. We\'ve even done

things like even out two variable sized breasts (most women have different sizes, but usually it\'s very slight.

This one was a B cup and a C cup. Now she\'s just a C cup).

Hypnosis is a lot more powerful than even most

hypnotists tend to realize. And it makes intuitive sense, in my opinion. It\'s a known fact (or, at least, not

really contested opinion) that your mind controls your biological functions; heartrate, breathing, blinking, nervous

response, etc. And we all know that negative beliefs and attitudes (stress) brings about negative changes in your

body (heart attack, weakened immune system). The reverse is also true; positive beliefs tend to change your body

immensely as well.

And hypnosis is where you start to take control over functions that you didn\'t believe

you had control of.

Genetics, of course, becomes a limiting factor. But, within that limitation is room for a

LOT of variety. For example, I am taller than 90% of my family, as is my brother. It may be a coincidence that we

are the only two to be raised in this country (the US), where it\'s normal to be taller than 5\' 5\"

Sid

CptKipling
10-15-2003, 10:39 AM
So, in your opinion, could

hypnosis make you taller?

dogsbutt
10-15-2003, 02:02 PM
</font><blockquote><font

So, in your opinion, could hypnosis make you taller?

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

It wouldn\'t surprise me in the least if it could. I\'m more than

willing to experiment. If I were to gamble, I\'d bet on \"yes.\"

Ash
10-15-2003, 02:49 PM
Hmmmm.....

CptKipling
10-16-2003, 10:01 AM
Have you looked at the

hypnosis site at the start of this thread? Does it show any promise?

dogsbutt
10-16-2003, 11:11 PM
</font><blockquote><font

Have you looked at the hypnosis site at the start of this thread? Does it

show any promise?

Maybe. I\'ve heard Wendi\'s work before

and have briefly met her at hypnosis conventions. While our styles are VERY different, she seems to me to be a

competent hypnotist, and comprehensive.

I\'d say, give it a shot. A C-note isn\'t too bad to give it a shot.

And it\'s for quite a few sessions (I\'d be more skeptical if it were just a \"listen to this one CD, and

you\'re all set.\" That works for some things, but gaining height would certainly not be one of them), not just

a single session.

There\'s absolutely NO substitute for personal hypnosis sessions, because your own personal

needs can be addressed in ways that pre-recorded sessions simply can\'t. It\'s expensive, but much more likely

to work. That being said, I would probably give Wendi\'s recordings a shot.

Sid

avce
10-26-2003, 07:05 PM
How about this book

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0967797993/ref=cm_cr_dp_2_1/104-2387

415-3931940?v=glance&amp;s=books&amp;vi=customer-reviews (\"http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0967797993/ref=cm_cr_dp_2_1/104-2387415-3931940?v=glance&amp;s

=books&amp;vi=customer-reviews\")

Pancho1188
11-02-2003, 09:02 AM
I\'ve heard that it is

in fact possible to hypnotize yourself. Is that true? (Sorry to go off topic from the height thing...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif)

Holmes
11-02-2003, 09:11 AM
Yes.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Holmes

time_to_try
11-02-2003, 10:59 AM
</font><blockquote><font

I\'ve heard that it is in fact possible to hypnotize yourself. Is that

true?

What happens if you succeed in hypnotizing yourself and then

fail to wake yourself up?
mmm...somehow, i feel this is a stupied line of thought, I guess you\'ll just wake up

eventually when you\'re hungry or something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dogsbutt
11-04-2003, 04:38 PM
</font><blockquote><font

I\'ve heard

that it is in fact possible to hypnotize yourself. Is that true?

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">
What happens if you succeed in hypnotizing yourself and then fail to wake yourself up?

mmm...somehow, i feel this is a stupied line of thought, I guess you\'ll just wake up eventually when you\'re

hungry or something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">
Hypnosis doesn\'t quite work like that. Even when someone else is hypnotizing you.

When

we\'re talking about regular hypnosis (not brainwashing, not mind-control: similar structure, different methods),

any hypnotist would tell you that you can\'t really hypnotize anyone, that it ALWAYS has to be a participatory

event. I give you a command, you CHOOSE to follow it or ignore it. But, it\'s always a choice. You can never

\"get stuck,\" because you can always choose to give other suggestions to bring yourself out. And the principle

is exactly the same with self-hypnosis.

Now, on ocassion, there have been some subjects that seem to think they

have no choice, that they are completely under the hypnotist\'s control. Some have even said that there was no

way he/she could snap out of it. While that number is relatively low (roughly 5-10% of the population), it is my

belief that having no control is still a choice that they made, and they choose to believe that the hypnotist has

total control.

But even they can\'t/don\'t get stuck while doing self-hypnosis, because it\'s not the same

as \"regular\" hypnosis.

Pancho1188
11-04-2003, 05:12 PM
</font><blockquote><font

But even they can\'t/don\'t get stuck while doing self-hypnosis,

because it\'s not the same as \"regular\" hypnosis.

What\'s

the difference between the two?

Everyone can laugh at me now, but I actually tried to hypnotize myself (I\'ve

been hypnotized before and tried a similar technique) today. It was pretty cool. I used my more relaxed state to

almost \'convince\' myself into a better mindset and take the day on better. It was cool.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I noticed that I didn\'t have as much power, though, as the

other guy because I couldn\'t get myself as deep into hypnosis while trying it on myself. Yes, call me crazy, but

I think hypnosis is so cool and want someone to hypnotize me and ask me all kinds of questions to see what I\'d

say, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif then ask me to change my outlook on things and see how the

world looks from a different angle. That would be awesome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Okay,

I\'m done getting all excited like a giddy little school boy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ToBeOrNotToBe
11-14-2003, 01:22 PM
http://w

ww.network54.com/Forum/thread?forumid=189510&amp;messageid=1065297541&amp;lp=1068 834355 (\"http://www.network54.com/Forum/thread?forumid=189510&amp;messageid=1065297541&amp;lp=1068 834355\")

Read the whole

thread, if you\'re interested!

TopDawg2050
02-06-2004, 01:03 PM
i just made 5 feet

HornyMan
02-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Dzorro,

Sorry to say but your growth results are pretty dismal. 1 cm growth is not even half an

inch. Just cut your hair differently and you\'d probably taller than that.

The bgrowth site claims increases

of 3.5\". Also can you really attribute even 1 cm gain in height? After all if you sleep more your spine be

decompress more making you taller anyways. Also simple posture exercises strengthen your spine muscles thus holding

you up more.

So its hard to say if the actual bgrowth your using is a scam or if its had any impact.

dogsbutt
02-08-2004, 07:45 PM
</font><blockquote><font

But even

they can\'t/don\'t get stuck while doing self-hypnosis, because it\'s not the same as \"regular\"

hypnosis.

What\'s the difference between the two?

<hr

One is directed by another person, the other is directed by you, and

therefore requires some measure of conscious awareness. It can be ALMOST as deep, but never quite as being directed

by someone else. With practice, you can get really close, though. And the long-term benefits make practice worth

it.

Not to mention what women usually say when you say \"I\'m a hypnotist.\"

</font><blockquote><font

Everyone can laugh at me now, but I actually tried to hypnotize myself

(I\'ve been hypnotized before and tried a similar technique) today. It was pretty cool. I used my more relaxed

state to almost \'convince\' myself into a better mindset and take the day on better. It was cool.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I noticed that I didn\'t have as much power, though, as the

other guy because I couldn\'t get myself as deep into hypnosis while trying it on myself. Yes, call me crazy, but

I think hypnosis is so cool and want someone to hypnotize me and ask me all kinds of questions to see what I\'d

say, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif then ask me to change my outlook on things and see how the

world looks from a different angle. That would be awesome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Okay,

I\'m done getting all excited like a giddy little school boy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Phantom
02-20-2004, 03:17 AM
Well this might or might

not do with anything you people are talking about.. but the one thing that will definitely make you taller is

boosting you HGH (Human Growth Hormone). It does\'nt matter how old you are, because HGH effects bone and muscle

growth. If you don\'t believe me theres a pituitary gland disorder that causes your body to produce HGH nonstop,

it makes people into giants (acromegaly); is the disease.

Icarus
02-20-2004, 08:30 AM
HGH will NOT make you

taller.

It may help you lose a little weight.

Just a quick save to stop anyone doing silly

things to their bodies.

Steve

ToBeOrNotToBe
02-20-2004, 09:34 AM
Well this might or might not do with anything you

people are talking about.. but the one thing that will definitely make you taller is boosting you HGH (Human Growth

Hormone). It does\'nt matter how old you are, because HGH effects bone and muscle growth. If you don\'t believe

me theres a pituitary gland disorder that causes your body to produce HGH nonstop, it makes people into giants

(acromegaly); is the disease.

Sorry man, that\'s

ridiculous! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif You should search a little before posting

nonsense... sorry if I seem rude.

bjf
02-20-2004, 09:46 AM
</font><blockquote><font

Well this

might or might not do with anything you people are talking about.. but the one thing that will definitely make you

taller is boosting you HGH (Human Growth Hormone). It does\'nt matter how old you are, because HGH effects bone

and muscle growth. If you don\'t believe me theres a pituitary gland disorder that causes your body to produce HGH

nonstop, it makes people into giants (acromegaly); is the disease.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Sorry man, that\'s ridiculous! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif You should

search a little before posting nonsense... sorry if I seem rude.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

The name could have fooled anyone. Don\'t be so hard on him.

Phantom
02-20-2004, 01:25 PM
http://www.medstudents.com.br/endoc/endoc8.htm (\"http://www.medstudents.com.br/endoc/endoc8.htm\")

\"Acromegaly/Gigantism is a very rare disease (annual incidence: 3/1.000.000). The syndrome results from

a chronic exposure to GH (Growth Hormone) leading to the classic clinical features that the diagnosis seems to be

easy.

High exposure to GH produces gigantism in youths prior to epiphyseal fusion and acromegaly in adults.

Well if you would artificially increase H/GH it would probably cause the same effect.

ToBeOrNotToBe
02-20-2004, 01:53 PM
High exposure to GH produces gigantism in youths

prior to epiphyseal fusion and acromegaly in adults.

Do you

understand what that means? Gigantism and acromegaly are 2 completely different medical conditions. They just share

the same cause (abnormal increase of HGH level).

If you increase the HGH level of someone whose bones are

already fused, he\'ll have acromegaly (among other \"bad\" effects)... do a search for acromegaly.

Gossamer_2701
02-20-2004, 02:09 PM
What is

acromegaly?
Acromegaly is the Greek word for \"extremities\" and \"enlargement.\" When the pituitary gland

produces excess growth hormones, this results in excessive growth -- called acromegaly. The excessive growth occurs

first in the hands and feet, as soft tissue begins to swell. Acromegaly affects mostly middle-aged adults.

Untreated, the disease can lead to severe illness and death.

What are the symptoms of acromegaly?
Symptoms of

acromegaly vary depending on how long the patient has had the disease. The following are the most common symptoms.

However, each individual may experience symptoms differently:

swelling of the hands and feet
facial features

become coarse as bones grow
body hair becomes coarse as the skin thickens and/or darkens
increased perspiration

accompanied with body odor
protruding jaw
voice deepening
enlarged lip, nose, and tongue
thickened ribs

(creating a barrel chest)
joint pain
degenerative arthritis
enlarged heart
enlargement of other organs

strange sensations and weakness in arms and legs
snoring
fatigue and weakness
headaches
loss of vision

irregular menstrual cycles in women
breast milk production in women
impotence in men

Phantom
02-21-2004, 05:27 AM
Well, woops my bad. When do

your bones completely fuse anyways? I got the idea of HGH making you grow taller by doing a search for HGH and

finding lots of sites with products that claim that HGH \"boosters\" will make you taller. (

http://www.go

ogle.com/search?hl=en&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;oe=UTF-8&amp;q=growing+taller+using+HGH (\"http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;oe=UTF-8&amp;q=growing+taller+using+HGH\") )

krtel
02-21-2004, 09:50 AM
Does anyone know the specific

amino acids that increase the body\'s natural production of GH? Thats all these pills are - they are not actually

GH.

Thanks,

Krish

ToBeOrNotToBe
02-21-2004, 12:19 PM
Well, woops my bad. When do your bones completely

fuse anyways? I got the idea of HGH making you grow taller by doing a search for HGH and finding lots of sites with

products that claim that HGH \"boosters\" will make you taller. (

http://www.go

ogle.com/search?hl=en&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;oe=UTF-8&amp;q=growing+taller+using+HGH (\"http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;oe=UTF-8&amp;q=growing+taller+using+HGH\") )

<hr

Most of those sites are scams.

ToBeOrNotToBe
02-21-2004, 12:20 PM
Does anyone know the specific amino acids that

increase the body\'s natural production of GH? Thats all these pills are - they are not actually GH.

Thanks,

Krish

Arginine, Glutamine, Ornitine, Lisine...

Holmes
02-23-2004, 06:31 PM
Synthetic HGH won\'t make

you grow taller.

Yoga and the Alexander Technique will.

Holmes

burgerama1960
02-23-2004, 07:33 PM
there is this device

used back in the crusades called a rack. Again no pills or exercise routines are going to make you taller. It is a

genetic thing you are what you are and nothing in a bottle or cream is going to change that.

Kari
02-23-2004, 08:05 PM
</font><blockquote><font

I\'ve heard that it is in fact possible to hypnotize yourself. Is that

true? (Sorry to go off topic from the height thing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif)

<hr

Yes. It\'s really a meditation technique.

Kari
02-23-2004, 08:07 PM
</font><blockquote><font

But even

they can\'t/don\'t get stuck while doing self-hypnosis, because it\'s not the same as \"regular\"

hypnosis.

What\'s the difference between the two?

Everyone

can laugh at me now, but I actually tried to hypnotize myself (I\'ve been hypnotized before and tried a similar

technique) today. It was pretty cool. I used my more relaxed state to almost \'convince\' myself into a better

mindset and take the day on better. It was cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I noticed that I

didn\'t have as much power, though, as the other guy because I couldn\'t get myself as deep into hypnosis while

trying it on myself. Yes, call me crazy, but I think hypnosis is so cool and want someone to hypnotize me and ask

me all kinds of questions to see what I\'d say, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif then ask me to

change my outlook on things and see how the world looks from a different angle. That would be awesome!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Okay, I\'m done getting all excited like a giddy little school

boy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I think

self hypnosis is pretty much the same as \"other hypnosis.\" It\'s really just being in a very relaxed state and

open to suggestion. Not too open-- I was once hypnotized by another person. He suggested that I would be attracted

to him. I dismissed that suggestion, and went along with all the others.

Hypnosis is a lot like a guided

meditation.

Holmes
02-23-2004, 08:12 PM
</font><blockquote><font

Again no...exercise routines are going to make you taller.

<hr

Not true.

Holmes

apple
02-23-2004, 08:22 PM
sometimes its just posture,

need to strengthen your back to keep you straighter and then you\'re much taller

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

rocky
03-03-2004, 02:01 PM
has anyone else tried any of

the products these web-sites offer? either the exercise programs or the tablets or the topical applications?

any results - i am interested to try myself, but i just don\'t know if it\'s a scam or not!

apple
03-03-2004, 02:01 PM
anyone know how to make

yourself shorter? :P Im already too tall /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

franki
03-03-2004, 02:02 PM
</font><blockquote><font

anyone know how to make yourself shorter? :P Im already too tall

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

No, you are a

perfect! and a sweetie as well! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

apple
03-03-2004, 02:04 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif teehee thank you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Holmes
03-03-2004, 02:07 PM
has anyone else tried any of the products these

web-sites offer? either the exercise programs or the tablets or the topical applications?

any results - i am

interested to try myself, but i just don\'t know if it\'s a scam or not!

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

99.9% of it is bunk.

Yoga, mon ami.

Holmes

Pancho1188
03-03-2004, 02:10 PM
Height isn\'t all

it\'s cracked up to be. I\'m tall, but I also only have 170 lbs. to distribute amongst this 6\'1\"

frame...therefore, I am skinny. Average height and size beats tall and skinny...

bjf
03-03-2004, 02:54 PM
pancho, if you were 5-11

you would probably be 164 or so.

I think it all goes in proportion, you know what I mean?

Pancho1188
03-03-2004, 09:23 PM
I never mentioned

what it\'d be like if I were shorter, I just said that a 170-lb. man who\'s 6\'1\" is skinny but 170-lb. man

who\'s 5\'9\" (assuming he worked out like I did) would be a solid muscular force to be reckoned with. In

other words, being tall isn\'t always wonderful.

A lot of people are under the assumption that everyone makes

that being taller somehow makes you more intimidating, attractive, successful (there was a study done that a man

makes several thousand dollars extra per inch he is taller), and whatever else you can think of.

However, in my

personal experience, skinniness negates whatever qualities height brings. Besides, those two midgets you see on

infomercials seem to be successful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Therefore, forget about your

height and work on your life. In fact, if you spent the time trying to find a magical heightener actually trying to

better yourself in one way or another, you\'d probably accomplish a lot.

Here\'s a first: I\'ve been short, and I\'ve been tall.

I\'ve been in both places, and I can say that being tall has done nothing extra for me but allowed my head to get

butchered by overhead objects. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Now, maybe if I gained another 20

pounds and learned to get rid of the shyness that growing up short, skinny, feeling worthless, and looking down all

of the time has gotten me used to, then maybe then will I feel that this will somehow give me more of a presence in

the realm of social and romantic situations.

Height doesn\'t make up for any lack you have inside. People will

see right through it. Work with what hand you\'ve been dealt with. The beauty of life is that every one has the

potential to win.

I\'ve said it once and I\'ll say it again: your life will be exactly the same whether you

choose to be happy with it or choose to look upon it with bitterness, hatred, shame, and fear. I\'d rather be

happy with myself and try to improve what I can for the future instead of dwelling on my shortcomings and wishing

things would be better.

But no one requested a preacher... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

franki
03-04-2004, 02:23 AM
</font><blockquote><font

I never mentioned what it\'d be like if I were shorter, I just said that a

170-lb. man who\'s 6\'1\" is skinny but 170-lb. man who\'s 5\'9\" (assuming he worked out like I did)

would be a solid muscular force to be reckoned with. In other words, being tall isn\'t always wonderful.

A lot

of people are under the assumption that everyone makes that being taller somehow makes you more intimidating,

attractive, successful (there was a study done that a man makes several thousand dollars extra per inch he is

taller), and whatever else you can think of.

However, in my personal experience, skinniness negates whatever

qualities height brings. Besides, those two midgets you see on infomercials seem to be successful.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Therefore, forget about your height and work on your life. In

fact, if you spent the time trying to find a magical heightener actually trying to better yourself in one way or

another, you\'d probably accomplish a lot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here\'s a first:

I\'ve been short, and I\'ve been tall. I\'ve been in both places, and I can say that being tall has done

nothing extra for me but allowed my head to get butchered by overhead objects.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Now, maybe if I gained another 20 pounds and learned to get rid

of the shyness that growing up short, skinny, feeling worthless, and looking down all of the time has gotten me used

to, then maybe then will I feel that this will somehow give me more of a presence in the realm of social and

romantic situations.

Height doesn\'t make up for any lack you have inside. People will see right through it.

Work with what hand you\'ve been dealt with. The beauty of life is that every one has the potential to

win.

I\'ve said it once and I\'ll say it again: your life will be exactly the same whether you choose to be

happy with it or choose to look upon it with bitterness, hatred, shame, and fear. I\'d rather be happy with

myself and try to improve what I can for the future instead of dwelling on my shortcomings and wishing things would

be better.

<hr

Pancho, why are you writing this? Nobody here has a problem with being too

tall I think (except maybe you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ). I am tall and not incredibly

buff, but I seem to look good the way I am now, so I am certainly not complaining.

DrSmellThis
03-04-2004, 02:44 AM
Yeah, really!

I\'m no Charles Atlas, either. But a little bit o\' love is better than no love! You just got to believe it.

bjf
03-04-2004, 06:05 AM
</font><blockquote><font

I never

mentioned what it\'d be like if I were shorter, I just said that a 170-lb. man who\'s 6\'1\" is skinny but

170-lb. man who\'s 5\'9\" (assuming he worked out like I did) would be a solid muscular force to be reckoned

with. In other words, being tall isn\'t always wonderful.

A lot of people are under the assumption that

everyone makes that being taller somehow makes you more intimidating, attractive, successful (there was a study done

that a man makes several thousand dollars extra per inch he is taller), and whatever else you can think

of.

However, in my personal experience, skinniness negates whatever qualities height brings. Besides, those two

midgets you see on infomercials seem to be successful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Therefore,

forget about your height and work on your life. In fact, if you spent the time trying to find a magical heightener

actually trying to better yourself in one way or another, you\'d probably accomplish a lot.

Here\'s a first: I\'ve been short, and I\'ve been tall.

I\'ve been in both places, and I can say that being tall has done nothing extra for me but allowed my head to get

butchered by overhead objects. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Now, maybe if I gained another 20

pounds and learned to get rid of the shyness that growing up short, skinny, feeling worthless, and looking down all

of the time has gotten me used to, then maybe then will I feel that this will somehow give me more of a presence in

the realm of social and romantic situations.

Height doesn\'t make up for any lack you have inside. People will

see right through it. Work with what hand you\'ve been dealt with. The beauty of life is that every one has the

potential to win.

I\'ve said it once and I\'ll say it again: your life will be exactly the same whether you

choose to be happy with it or choose to look upon it with bitterness, hatred, shame, and fear. I\'d rather be

happy with myself and try to improve what I can for the future instead of dwelling on my shortcomings and wishing

things would be better.

Pancho, why are you writing this? Nobody here has a problem with

being too tall I think (except maybe you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ). I am tall and not

incredibly buff, but I seem to look good the way I am now, so I am certainly not complaining.

Pancho writes

these things to others, but I think he is actually writing directly to himself.

Hopefully it helps him.

Pancho1188
03-04-2004, 08:20 AM
Whatever...All

I\'m saying is that people should quit trying to change things they can\'t/shouldn\'t like height.

Change

what you can, live with what you can\'t, know the difference, yada, yada, yada.

Not once did I complain about

being tall (the hitting my head thing was a joke).

But fine, you guys go ahead and waste your time trying to get

taller or a longer dick when none of that is going to matter to decent human beings.

Icarus
03-04-2004, 12:09 PM
It\'s on

naow!

(hoot, holler, etc.)

we shall be the overmen! Long dicks! Long Necks! Smellin\' la Vida

Loca.

only \'Dick &amp; Balls\'tm will turn you into a real man. (find the thread to grasp the

balls)

Steve

Elana
03-04-2004, 01:30 PM
only \'Dick &amp; Balls\'tm will turn you into

a real man

such an underrated product

Icarus
03-04-2004, 01:36 PM
Carpe testis.