PDA

View Full Version : Essential Oil

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2002, 08:39 AM
Still a newbie here. I received the vanilla oil with my purchase of Primal Instinct to attract men. Can that be worn alone as well as with the PI?

camusflage
10-31-2002, 01:18 PM
Sure thing. The EOils (reputedly) have some unknown amount of androstenol in them, known for making folks friendly/chatty. If the scent works for you, then go with it!

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2002, 03:08 PM
Same advice i always found the oils to contain a fair whack of nol well the responses i got where consistant with nol.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2002, 05:26 PM
Lots of people can`t stand those artificial oil.... gives them a headache ...be carefull. You better be buying real 100% natural EO.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2002, 07:28 PM
\"You better be buying real 100% natural EO.\"
How can you tell if its 100%? I got it with my order so it should be OK?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2002, 07:35 PM
AmySue, try them each by themselves first and see how you feel when you wear them. PI/w has nol already. You can wear the oil on top of it but it might not agree with you, and if it doesn\'t, you won\'t know which product you\'re reacting to. -- never mind \"hits,\" make sure what you\'re putting on yourself makes you feel good, first.

Too much -nol on me makes me grouchy, headachy, and short-tempered. You may not have the same reaction (hope not) but go one by one on the products so you can tell how your body acknowledges each thing.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2002, 07:46 PM
\"How can you tell \"

by smell.

...and by looking at the price. Pure EO are expensive.

jebner
11-01-2002, 06:41 AM
I also like the SPMO oils (have the citrus scent). The problem is that the scent is VERY intense. If I put on more than 3 drops, I smell like a pimp. So it\'s almost impossible to get a decent amount of a-nol with SPMO. Is there a way to weaken or break down the scent of SPMO?

jebner

cuddlebear
11-01-2002, 07:05 AM
Welcome Amy Sue .. always nice to hear from women on this forum. I\'ve found that even true essential oils sometimes cause the negative reactions but I think that is relatively rare. Somebody somewhere is bound to be allergic to it or have some other problem with it. Dr Smell This is our resident EO guru, you might want to PM him.

jose
11-01-2002, 08:27 AM
I use the essential Oils to cover up the smell of PI/m, two drops is what I need. You can do it either way by wearing it alone or combined with PI/w, remember to shake the bottle before applying. Just recently purchased \"Jupiter Berry\"(SPJB) and that smells really nice.

DrSmellThis
11-02-2002, 02:25 AM
Hi Amy Sue. Didn\'t Buddy Holly write a song about you? Oh, that\'s Peggy. Never mind.

Anyway, if you like the smell, that\'s your best judge.

However, there\'s a big difference between smelling a chemical and smelling a natural plant extract. Spending a little time in a store that sells both, sampling things, is the only way to learn about it. I won\'t go into the other benefits of EO\'s at this time.

None of the products on this site are EO\'s for now. That might change in the future. That said, I do use the synthetic SP oils to enhance EO\'s, in very small quantities (e.g., a tad bit of SP jasmine with EO jasmine). That\'s what top end perfumers do with synthetic scents. You \"soup up\" the natural scent to do things that would otherwise be impossible. The phrase \"cheap perfume\" really means mostly synthetic. Take this info and do what you want with it.