PDA

View Full Version : Concentration for AE

Shoe
10-27-2002, 06:09 PM
I was digging to try to find the concentration of AE....

The Stone Labs web site says 0.020% androstenone, 0.015% androstenol, and 0.010% androsterone in 7.5ml of product.

That would mean 0.0015ml none, 0.001125ml nol, 0.00075ml rone in those 7.5 ml. But we don\'t really know how many milligrams..... correct?

In the latest cookbook, AE is listed to have none @ 0.15mg/ml, nol @ 0.15mg/ml, rone @ 0.15mg/ml., which immediately seems to be wrong because of the equal ratio. The product table lists uses those 0.15, 0.1125, 0.075 figures but assumes mg. but isn\'t it really milliliters ..... ?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-28-2002, 01:07 PM
Shoe: you\'ve just pushed a painful point... Yes, references aren\'t too clear about AE\'s phero content: the Cookbook data was taken by the Product Table available here on Love Scent, which *seems* to report equal amounts of the three pheros (N, L, R with no coefficients), then when I discovered the incongruence with the Stone Labs website (which anyway doesn\'t give out milligrams, as you noted), I tried to raise the issue, but it went pretty unnoticed...

Not owning AE, I can\'t even look on the label or something like that. I\'m still hoping for someone to shed some light on this matter.

BassMan
10-28-2002, 01:38 PM
<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

Shoe: you\'ve just pushed a painful point... Yes, references aren\'t too clear about AE\'s phero content: the Cookbook data was taken by the Product Table available here on Love Scent, which *seems* to report equal amounts of the three pheros (N, L, R with no coefficients), then when I discovered the incongruence with the Stone Labs website (which anyway doesn\'t give out milligrams, as you noted), I tried to raise the issue, but it went pretty unnoticed...

<hr></blockquote>The product table does indeed omit the coefficients. AE\'s content has been discussed in the archives.

The manufacturer states that AE/m has 0.020% none, 0.015% nol, 0.010% rone. Stone Labs typically measures by weight.

I suspect they are glossing the density of the carrier to be 1.00, as the have the same 0.02% numbers for none in both AE and AFA and the carriers are completely different.

I\'d go with 1.5 mg none, 1.125 mg nol, and 0.75 mg rone. It doesn\'t make sense to use ml, these are crystaline solids.

What I _really_ suspect is that they are using mg/ml in the manufacturing, then just dividing by 10 to get to percents. Unfortuately, the units blow up - you end up with percent wt/vol, which is informative, if technically silly.

oscar
10-28-2002, 03:54 PM
Gents,

One of the problems with the table is that it was only ever published in its entirety once. There was an eleventh category with packaging and content specifics that didn\'t fit well into excel format so it was basically left out on most subsequent versions.

Much of the data has become dated, but you can see the original thread here:

http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=UBB2&amp;Number=3379&amp;page=&amp;vie w=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1 (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=UBB2&amp;Number=3379&amp;page=&amp;vie w=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1\")

I guess we could consolidate some of the more crucial info like AE\'s ratios into one of the columns of the current table, but that\'s not my gig. ( Hello,.???..TOM!??? )
The only actual table I\'ve made is the one I made by hand a little over a year ago. Sorry, I don\'t do excel.

BassMan\'s right, even the total milligram content numbers on the table are estimates based on the willing suspension of disbelief that the carriers for these products have the same weight as water.
You\'ve gotta work with what you\'re given.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Shoe
10-28-2002, 08:14 PM
Ok cool... well maybe we can\'t know mg./ml. but the cookbook should probably be updated next version to have the correct 4:3:2 ratio.

Watcher
10-28-2002, 08:18 PM
Something should be done up and then put straight into the cookbook, maybe bruce could help out with updated data seeing as though its on his website and he should for his business interests direct and correct information where possible.