PDA

View Full Version : Need some quick feedback on new NPA label

Bruce
10-25-2002, 08:07 AM
http://love-scent.com/NPA-label.jpg (\"http://love-scent.com/NPA-label.jpg\")

Forum Folks,
Please have a look at the above label template from LaCroy. They are proposing to use this for NPA from now on and want some feedback from regular users. What do you think? To my taste it is a bit too psychedelic, but if you like this style don\'t be afraid to say so. I want to know what you folks think.

Thanks in advance,
Bruce

franki
10-25-2002, 08:21 AM
I don\'t like it either. Nothing against the American flag, but it remembers me a bit too much of the \"red, white and blue\" theme. The psychedelic thing is OK with me.

Well, just my €0.02 /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
10-25-2002, 08:25 AM
I think it\'s a bit too psychedelic, too.

CptKipling
10-25-2002, 08:28 AM
Well apart from the typos...:D

Maybe they could do for him/for her versions.

It isnt that bad, think of it on the bottle. Maybe it does need calming down a bit though.

upsidedown
10-25-2002, 09:04 AM
I\'m not really sure why LaCroy feels the need to spruce up the label anyway. My experience is that the label ultimately gets wet and the writing on it tends to get smeared off fairly quickly anyway. Or, in the case of NPA, I usually tend to remove the label anyway so I can see how much product is in the bottle. So, in the end the label really doesn\'t matter to me one way or the other.

But, with that said, I do think the background is a bit too busy for my taste. Something a bit more subtle for a background would look better to me.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-25-2002, 09:13 AM
Yeah, actually, just a label on the bottom as is done with e.g. lipstick tubes would be better than all that all over the place so you can\'t see your product.

Especially since (I believe) these products are mostly sold on line - they\'re not sold on eye appeal but for their contents. So why muck up the bottle with too much information -- tends to be indiscreet as well, many people wishing to keep their \'mone use on the DL.

MaxiMog
10-25-2002, 09:40 AM
It aint that bad, apart from the \"attracts men\". /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Whitehall
10-25-2002, 09:57 AM
Why add fake sizzle when people are looking for the steak? No one is buying this stuff for the label and this label will make few extra sales.

That said, it could be a lot worst but I wouldn\'t be proud to show a bottle with this label to anyone. Pheromones have a credibility problem already - people think it\'s a scam or a juvenile fantasy - this label just reinforces that perception. I say make it look as technical and as scientific as possible.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-25-2002, 09:59 AM
I like it. It stands out better than the present label...

Paul canada
10-25-2002, 10:08 AM
Hi Bruce:

I think they should just keep it simple. When I first looked at it it seem like something out of a new Star Wars movie.

My two cents

Paul

biteme
10-25-2002, 10:11 AM
my 2 cents,

I agree with most of the people in this thread. Esp. USD and FTRH. FTRH\'s idea of a label at the bottom of the bottle is a better idea, I think.

Why would they want to waste money on an elaborate label anyway ? Esp., as FTRH pointed out, since most of this stuff is sold on line.

With that said, I, too, think the label is a bit too busy and psychadelic.

CJ01
10-25-2002, 10:26 AM
I appreciate the effort to make the bottle more attractive and it doesn´t look bad either. However it is not very discreet is it?
Plus NPA is an additive and is thus not normally used by itself straight from the bottle...
Hmmmm I do have at least one other suggestion to make about NPA: I find the eye dropper very inconvenient to use and difficult to dose I would much more prefer very thin/small pipettes/dropper like AE now has too.

CJ /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

CJ01
10-25-2002, 10:31 AM
One other thing too I reckon products shouldn´t be labelled with `for men` or `attracts men /women´ etc it´s very misleading and incorrect. And I mean if guys are using Copulins... /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

upsidedown
10-25-2002, 10:56 AM
A couple of additional thoughts came to me while reading all these posts.

First, the subtlety factor for the product does make some sense, not wanting to actually draw attention to the bottle. Something wild or flashy isn\'t the best thing. If they want to draw attention to the pheromone bottle, they might as well put some European coeds with red lipstick on the bottle, to hearken back to some earlier threads. So, for me, understated and classy is better.

Second, the suggestion by FTR about a label on the bottom is a good one. Or, they could do like Stone does and just place a smaller label on it...one that is either shorter...or preferably one that doesn\'t encircle the entire bottle so you can at least have a clear place on the bottle to see how much is in it. Othewise, if they keep the same size label, I\'ll just continue to remove it anyway.

krtel
10-25-2002, 11:30 AM
Looks nice to me!

- Krish

**DONOTDELETE**
10-25-2002, 12:51 PM
Bruce - I agree with FTR\'s POV. UPSIDEDOWN also has a good point about trying the Stone Lab\'s label method. With the latter of the two, the label is small, the letters don\'t rub off and you can still see how much is left in the bottle.

Simple in this instance is better for LaCroy pheromone products no matter which of the two methods you choose.

jose
10-25-2002, 02:25 PM
I don\'t know why they want to put a flashy label on the product if it\'s mostly sold online for what\'s inside. Unless they plan to sell this in department stores, then I can see the logic. It\'s not a bad label, I just don\'t think it\'s necessary.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-25-2002, 04:14 PM
This label is a mess and every graphic designer would laugh at it.

abductor
10-25-2002, 08:22 PM
----------in reply -----------
The label is good, even so the most important is to know the amount of product
justhuge
--------------------------------

UpSide, FTR and you are completely right! The most important is to know the amount of product in the bottle. Days behind I got scared when I saw my NPA in the end. /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

MOBLEYC57
10-25-2002, 08:26 PM
If the bottle was designed to make the lady horney, it would matter, but since it doesn\'t...who cares what the bottle looks like. It not like we\'re waving it in the ladies face saying, \"Yoohooo! Feeling kind of horney now that you\'ve seen this bottle?\" If someone stops buying the product because it comes in a hot pink bottle....so be it!! Tater!!

Xehupatl
10-26-2002, 02:04 AM
1 - jup looks like the Star Wars font alright ... not pretty in my opinion
2 - psychedelic looks good to me
3 - whats with the falling autumn leaves in the background?

EXIT63
10-26-2002, 02:22 AM
That must be 1 big bottle of NPA.

EXIT63
10-26-2002, 02:23 AM
I like it.
But who can see the damn thing anyway?

EXIT63
10-26-2002, 02:26 AM
Ya know how I can tell my Npa from the others.
I look for the one with the white cap.

Gerund
10-27-2002, 10:18 PM
As I have to keep some pheros where others may see them, I wind up removing the parts of any labels that refer to pheromones, anyway -- and just writing down TE or AE or NPA, or APC, etcetera...

MAJORSOB
10-28-2002, 12:17 AM
Either way is fine as its what\'s inside that counts..keep it simple..as it was stated nobody buys it for the label anyways!

DrSmellThis
10-28-2002, 05:06 AM
Masking tape and a pencil would be fine for us.

DrSmellThis
10-28-2002, 05:09 AM
Make out special labels consisting only of mathematical equations for Whitehall.

Actually I sort of agree. I like the chem set labels. they\'re discreet. But that\'s just me.

upsidedown
01-03-2003, 02:59 PM
Anybody remember this thread from a few months ago? I wonder what ever became of this new label business?

Hmm, do you think maybe we hurt LaCroy\'s feelings with our comments? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-03-2003, 03:40 PM
I agree its one of the few products that actually not sold by what the label look like. Infact, its more of an obstacle and uninvited attention getter. Labeling at the bottom and instead have some kind a measurement scale on the side that shows how much left (in ml etc) would make more sense.

sabSpeaks
01-03-2003, 06:20 PM
Here Bruce:

http://sabnetwork.com:8080/~sab/npa-men.jpg (\"http://sabnetwork.com:8080/~sab/npa-men.jpg\")
http://sabnetwork.com:8080/~sab/npa-women.jpg (\"http://sabnetwork.com:8080/~sab/npa-women.jpg\")

http://sabnetwork.com:8080/~sab/npa-men-2.jpg (\"http://sabnetwork.com:8080/~sab/npa-men-2.jpg\")
http://sabnetwork.com:8080/~sab/npa-women-2.jpg (\"http://sabnetwork.com:8080/~sab/npa-women-2.jpg\")

If you or LaCroy want to use these, the rights are yours.

Greg

Elana
01-03-2003, 06:21 PM
Nice work Greg. Those are really great.

Watcher
01-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Nice work sabspeaks like those labels.

Wolfe
01-04-2003, 03:15 AM
i\'d say those would be worth a free sample of the product when the 1st ones come off the line in use /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif--course what i think doesnt count /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Icemone
01-04-2003, 04:52 AM
Hi all,

Nice work Greg!!

I look past the surface with most things,
including labels /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I care more about NPA continuing to be
such a great product and I like Saggitarius\'
idea about a measuring level along the side.

Also, I like the idea of a
different color for Men\'s and Women\'s
formula so it\'s easier for everyone to know we
got the correct product for our goals.

( I cut some of the old silver label off NPA
and the EDGE so I could see how much was
left----maybe have the label only wrap halfway
around ? )

sabSpeaks
01-07-2003, 05:09 PM
bump

I don\'t want to see LaCroy\'s crappy label on NPA.

Watcher
01-07-2003, 06:37 PM
Well i dont mind it, although if one that is better could be applied it may be of some visual benefit.