PDA

View Full Version : Positive (side)effect on self-image

**DONOTDELETE**
10-23-2002, 04:23 PM
ever since I was 16 or so I have been told that I look intimidating(like I could hurt someone) and up unthill now I have never(allthough milking it for everything it was worth professionaly) realy seen it myself.
But today at the gym(having ODéd proffusely on DD1) I finaly \"got it\" ie. I understood on an emotional level what the fuss was all about.

Having read a lot of post´s mentioning this kind of effect and now having had it myself it got me thinking.

I don´t bellieve that the mones improve your self image but rather that they help you get over self doubt(on an intelectual level making this statement feels kinda weird since I am the embodyment of big ego and confidence).
I have come to realize that there is a big difference betweene on an intelectual level telling your self something and on an emotional level realizing something.

Most peoples actions are determined by reflexes and the wast majority of these reflexes are learned reflexes.

A few are however genetic like the procreative reflex however it would seeme that this genetic reflex has been left in the dust (parts of it anyway) by man´s ever expanding intelectual capacity, specifficaly the reflex causing us to act on our reproductive reflexes beeing inpaired by the \"\"paralysis by analysis\" tendencies of our brains which are a natural result of humans having to rellie less and less on genetic reflex and more on intelect and learned reflex..
The mones makes it more likely that we will act on our desires and emotions rather the analyse them to death..

the point of this post.....Just wondering if anybody else have noticed an increased tendencie to act on emotions/desires using monesoposed to not using mones.

Satan

-----Imperious, choleric, irascible,
extreme in everything, with a dissolute
imagination the like of which has never
been seen, atheistic to the point
of fanaticism, there you have me in a
nutshell, and kill me again or take me as
I am, for I shall not change.

--Marguis De Sade

**DONOTDELETE**
10-23-2002, 04:28 PM
I noticed that in a huge way the first time I put on PCC. It was a little like lifting the lid on Pandora\'s box - hard to get that box shut again! Copulins make my emotions closer to the surface, which is hard because I\'m much closer to instinct than to intellectualizing (although I guess I can \"pseudo\" with the best of them).

Yes, I\'ve noticed it, most definitely.

CptKipling
10-23-2002, 05:13 PM
Excellent post Satan.

Agree entirely.

There some science which states that when we practice and do something a lot, when you do this particular action, the instructions are sort of pre-programmed into an \"automated action pathway\" (this was in terms of sport, soccer specifically, taking penalties). However, in times of stress or anxiety, this pathway shuts down, and the person thinks about there action as a novice would, it takes a separate pathway.
This can be applied to this, we can tell ourselves over and over that we are gods of seduction, but unless we actually believe it, we will still be acting like novices.

marv14yag
10-24-2002, 04:22 PM
Yeah, why is that? Us people, that, look intimidating...

Now, you may think I\'m showing off, but, I know what you\'re talking about...

I don\'t know WHY I look like that, but, 1 of my friends said, that, I need to calm down, chill out, another said I like like I\'m going to do two things 1. Kill someoen. 2. Rape someone, and, a few girls said I look scary, uh, and, I look like I\'m mad all the time, or, I\'m going to kill someone.

Here\'s the thing though...When I talk to a girl, I dont\' want her thinking I\'m going to rape her (sure, I do, but, you get the point...) If I look scary, people are going to stay away, which, sometimes can be good, but, it\'s not too good when you want to talk to a girl, she\'s afraid of you, SERIOUSLY, it\'s not good.

how do I look less scary. Yes, also, rough life might have something to do with it, but, I think I have handled my problems VERY well, and, I try and chill a lot, and be laid back, but, than, it\'s like, I\'m just a laid back rapist...What if I\'m just a psycho (that\'s another one I have been told, I\'m a psycho, I\'m crazy, sick...blah blah blah) and, I\'m just TRYING to act normal, but, holding back what I REALLY am, like, in the movie tightrope, I\'m inbetween acting on my inhibitions and, having them in control a VERY tight rope MORE tight than most people, THAT is for sure, a VERY VERY tight ROPE.

Bart

**DONOTDELETE**
10-24-2002, 05:08 PM
You should try \'nol / \'rone product with low or no \'none in it.

Maybe AE/w would be good for you.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-24-2002, 06:59 PM
or Ritalin

**DONOTDELETE**
10-24-2002, 09:22 PM
I know quite a few people that would make Charles Manson, the Son of Sam, etc. look like mice, they don\'t walk around with ear-to-ear smiles 24/7 365 days a year, however they are by far some of the some of the nicest people that will do anything for me and a complete stranger at the drop of a dime.

I\'m also a very intimidating person as far as looks go, but I\'m not. I only play the intimidating role when I have to. People have to understand that another person\'s appearance DOES NOT determine the type of person they are. And if they do avoid others because they look \"scary,\" well, I guess they\'re just missing out on getting to know a good person.

We live in a world of confusion, disaster, catastrophe, etc., not every person is going to look like they just won $30 billion dollars. I don\'t walk around looking happy all the time, however I still get approached, smiled at, hello\'s, etc. the majority of the time.

Don\'t you think it would be the slightest bit odd.......actually down right creepy if everyone looked happy all the time? My thought is: Present yourself as a gentleman or lady, be polite to others, show you have self confidence, take pride in yourself and your accomplishments, and show others that you have some form of a soul.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-25-2002, 03:18 PM
Saaaay Bart, what is your sign?????

Jaeger, that is me. Everybody who knows me knows that I am a realy nice guy, but I have many times seen this puzzled look on people´s faces when I act helpfull....:)
DD1 seems to have a dampening effect on this though....:-)

Satan