PDA

View Full Version : Chem set experiments...

**DONOTDELETE**
10-23-2002, 02:21 PM
I got mine. I\'m surprised to discover I can easily smell the mild musky scent of \'nol and \'rone but have a hard time to identify the \'none. I expected a stronger scent out of this very concentrated bottle of \'none. I hope they didn\'t mix up the labels...

I did this first mix :

5 drops \'none
3 drops \'nol
2 drops \'rone
20 drops 94% ethanol (I used my own and threw away the provided one because mine was more neutral).

That makes a concentration of about 0.33 gr/ml, comparable to the level of my usual AE dilution.

I put 1 drop of this mix on my wrist, rubbed both wrist together and went to work. A low dose test. I\'m sniffing my wrist every once and then...

I felt a bit aggressive on the road (those damn morons who don\'t understand the left line is for those who want to go faster!). Don\'t know if it\'s an effect of the mone, it\'s too early to know for sure.

After one hour, it only leaves a very mild musky smell to the skin. Maybe the high alcohol clean the skin of bacteria and maybe that\'s why it takes some more time for other bacteria to come to work and generate the typical smell ? Anyway, I can barely smell it so it really doesn\'t need a cover scent. If fact if it needs some extra scent, it would be just to attract people to take a good sniff around me so it would have to be a gentle subtil smell. I\'ll fix that as soon as I get my EO from Oshadhi.

Anyway, I\'m still waiting to get my pure escential oils order (the provided (artificial) fragrance oils stink, it gave me a headache just to open the package, it\'s good for garbage...maybe I\'ll keep the droppers if I can clean it perfectly).

Watcher
10-23-2002, 06:23 PM
Good work alchemist, the AE similar version seems to give the same response to what has been mentioned with straight AE.

http://www.love-scent.com/fancy-atomizers/order.html (\"http://www.love-scent.com/fancy-atomizers/order.html\")

Follow this link anyone to purchase an atomiser if you like mixing but want something a little smaller to stash away they look good to.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-25-2002, 03:11 PM
The girlfriend woke me up on the morning after for some action, that was about 12 hours after I put it on (she usually never do that so I count it as a hit. She also offered some action when I went to bed before and she told me I smelled like a \"guy who\'s about to do her nice things\" but I was really not in the mood for personal reasons so we just cuddled, she was a bit puzzled... that\'s why I count it as a hit).

Today I used 2 drops of this mix, I better be in the mood when I go home! Now I smell like somebody else, funny, it\'s so obvious when there\'s no added fragrance ! It doesn\'t smell bad but it smells odd on me. Now where is my damn Oshadhi EO order when I need it!

...maybe I\'ll add a third drop just before heading home if I stil have lots of energy after work...

DrSmellThis
10-30-2002, 02:14 AM
A convenient natural alternative is to use Burt\'s Bees Bay Rum.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-30-2002, 02:53 PM
I got my EO !

Oshadhi\'s are the most expensive I ever saw but I have to agree it\'s excellent.

I now have sandalwood, mandarine red and benzoin.

I did this mix :

1 drop benzoin
2 drops mandarine
3 drops sandalwood

25 drops ethanol

10 drops chem set\'s none
6 drops chem set\'s nol
4 drops chem set\'s rone

That makes a phero concentration of about 0.4mg/ml Maybe it\'s a little bit too strong...I\'ll have to adjust later.

As for the smell, it\'s interesting it begins with a fruity mandarine smell wraped in the benzoin sweetness and it carry on with the mystical sandalwood. This exceptional Oshadhi wild harvested in India sandalwood makes you want to go in a temple and meditate for a century as soon as you open the little precious bottle. It\'s really a mysterious, deep, meditative and ensence like odor.

This blend is not complete, I would need to add some pine or juniper oil and maybe some small amount of ylang ylang and vetiver ... I\'ll have to sell an arm and a leg to buy more EO !

Whitehall
10-30-2002, 02:58 PM
You have excellent taste - sounds like you\'re heading towards one of the Creed formulas.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-30-2002, 03:00 PM
I\'m so impressed by this sandalwood that I\'m affraid it will interfere with the phero. It is *so* mystical that I can\'t imagine someone being sexually attracted to that. It smells good but, how can I say...it\'s impressive...you know, like who would want to fukk the high priest of the lost temple at the top of the montain ?

Well.... maybe for some kind of tantric sex or magic ritual...

**DONOTDELETE**
10-30-2002, 03:12 PM
Thanks Whitehall, the mone formula is basically a \'none boosted AE. I leave it as it is for now and concentrate my efforts on the fragrance.

You can\'t imagine how much my nose is craving for this missing drop of pine oil now ! I\'m pretty sure it would balance the whole thing. It would linger and play with the sandalwood base.

I think the escential oils have important effects. It wont be just about the pheros.

I\'m heading for a mysterious and almost occult perfume, I will just need to be careful to keep it at least a bit sexy... I will also have to ask my girlfriend and female friends about it because sometimes they dont percieve smells as we do.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-30-2002, 03:34 PM
Effect of this mix after 3 hours (I used about 3 drops and I smell it on my wrist every few minutes) :

I feel calm and powerful. I feel I could just look at someone I hate and he would bend straight to the ground right there and then. I feel I could be a protective angel or a wise advisor or a mage. I attribute most of this effect to the sandalwood/\'none phero components.

The EO makes a big difference that\'s for sure. with this mix I feel the powerfull aura of the none heavy phero mix but without the \"I\'ll drive at 200mph and kill everybody on the road\" effect.

I\'ll add some more and will go clubing tonight. It will feel strange in such a place. It will be a funny experiment.

oscar
10-30-2002, 04:15 PM
Alchemist,

I was very happy to see your glowing review of the Oshadhi Oils. Earlier today I ordered some Jasmine Sambac, Rose Absolute, Mimosa Absolute, and Sandalwood.

Compared to the others, the Sandalwood seems like a bargain, and if it\'s as good as you say, I\'ve really got something to look forward to.

Also ordered the little book on the first page for $2.50.

The one thing that pissed me off was the $10 charge for domestic shipping. That seems abusive to me.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
10-30-2002, 04:30 PM
Me! Me! Pick me!

*I* would want to fukk the high priest of the lost temple at the top of the mountain. That mystical-magicakal mysterious-impressive thang you\'ve got goin\' on is worth keeping. Don\'t water it down too far. I think that\'s the epitome of sexy.

a.k.a.
10-30-2002, 05:19 PM
I LOVE Oshadi e-oils. But I’m a horrible perfumist, so any formulas are greatly appreciated.

I have the sandalwood and agree that it’s divine, but, for my body chemistry, I need a touch of something sweet. I tried vanilla but hated the results. So I’ll give benzoin a try.

My absolute favorite, however, is jasmine. It’s perfect on its own (diluted with ethanol), but it gets too ripe (or too flowery, depending on the proportions) when I add pheromones.

Oscar, please let us know if you come up with something good (I already have the Rose).

**DONOTDELETE**
10-30-2002, 05:40 PM
I think adding juniper or pine would move the temple from the top of a montain to the middle of some magical forest... To keep it on a mountain, I would have to find another very volatile and fresh top note.

Jasmine is nice on its own but it would be better to add a fixative base note to it. I also think floral notes should be kept low when used in men perfume.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-30-2002, 09:51 PM
Magical forest is good...cypress, maybe?

DrSmellThis
10-31-2002, 05:26 AM
Congrats! I have a rack full of Oshadi, and think they\'re among the best.

I too do a lot with sandalwood. Benzoin too.

Dude, sandalwood is definitely an aphrodisiac when worn by men! Here\'s a hint. Sandalwood mixes well with just about everything. The general secret to getting good sandalwood mixes is to start with a lot of it (say, 10 drops, or whatever -- experiment!), and add just a tiny bit if the others (and/or dilute them). Sandalwood is very weak by comparison with most other oils, and smells good by itself. If you do this, you may find you really like (or love) vanilla, jasmine, etc. I go through sandalwood quickly. Oh well...

Oscar and everyone else -- be especially light with the jasmine sambac. One drop of the Oshadi contains gadzillions of notes and will overwhelm most mixes. You could dilute it 10:1 in jojoba or just start with like 15 drops of sandalwood just to get a feel for it. The problem of jasmine getting \"ripe\" is mostly an issue of dilution. Mandarin can have the same problem for the same reason. Armpits can be a hazard. Women can use more of it in general without it getting ripe. Jasmine/sandalwood used to be my favorite mix, and goes back thousands of years as a combo.

MaxiMog
10-31-2002, 07:53 AM
What about the essential oils at naturesgift.com
Are those any good? I was about to order some there...

MaxiMog
10-31-2002, 07:55 AM
What\'s the URL of Oshadi? (It\'s not www.oshadi.com (\"http://www.oshadi.com\"))

oscar
10-31-2002, 08:01 AM
http://www.oshadhiusa.com (\"http://www.oshadhiusa.com\")

CptKipling
10-31-2002, 08:04 AM
Second that request

CptKipling
10-31-2002, 08:06 AM
Oh!

Thanks Oscar!

oscar
10-31-2002, 08:08 AM
OK,

http://www.oshadhiusa.com (\"http://www.oshadhiusa.com\")

There\'s also some interesting stuff here:
http://madini.com/ (\"http://madini.com/\")

I\'m probably going to try Madini\'s Ambergris based on a recommendation from FTR. The blanket pricing does look a bit suspect, but I haven\'t seen any other sites that claim to sell genuine Ambergris.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

CptKipling
10-31-2002, 08:22 AM
The mandini site sells perfume oils, whats the difference?

Wasn\'t there something in an old EO thread saying that they were not as good?

MaxiMog
10-31-2002, 08:30 AM
They\'re not as expensive! And while they do carry the scent of whatever scent you chose, they\'re \"artificial\". There aren\'t any molecules in the perfume besides the ones creating the scent, so emotional effects on yourself aren\'t likely to be there (unlike EOs)

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2002, 08:53 AM
Alright...everyone who has ordered from Madini raise your hand... I thought so. They may or may not be the real thing, but they purport to be, and are dismissed out of hand for their single rate pricing (and their lousy customer service, but I\'m not going there /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif). I don\'t know whether they are real or not, but I have ordered from them and the stuff smells good....that\'s usually a good starting place for me when looking for a scent.

From what I can figure it seems that while the stuff that should be expensive at madini is cheap, the cheap stuff costs way more than elsewhere...which is probably where they make up their difference...for example, Oshadhi charges 8.50 for 10ml of texas cedar. My Aura Cacia Texas Cedar costs 4 bucks for 15ml...madini charges 15 bucks for 3 ml...more than 5 times the cost per ml of the Oshadhi. I\'m guessing that may help make up for some of the losses they\'re taking on the other products...

I am not an EO guru like some of the other board members, so I cannot stand upon my perfumer\'s credentials (cause I have none), but the vendor claims they are real (outside of the musks). I\'d say try them or not, but stop bashing them without reason.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2002, 09:00 AM
Yes -- I liked the things I bought, at any rate.

MaxiMog
10-31-2002, 09:15 AM
I\'m not bashing them without a reason. However, it is my belief that having every product at the same price is rather fishy. It may be possible that they compensate the losses of normally more expensive oils by making the cheap ones more expensive. Honestly, I don\'t care. If I do not get the guarantee that they\'re absolutely real, then I don\'t give a [censored]. There customer service is just bad (at least their email responses).

The point is that I\'m NOT buying from them if I can find what I\'m looking for someplace else, even if it is cheaper. Just buy whatever you want wherever you want, ok?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2002, 05:12 PM
Do you know a less expensive source of good quality sandalwood ? The one from Oshadhi is great but soooo expensive !

and about jojoba oil...I found out it doesn`t mix at all with alcohol so it`s a big nono...

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2002, 11:38 PM
Let`s say that I wish to make a jojoba based massage oil with some phero in there... if I put 10 drops in 1 oz of jojoba oil, will it blend or will the alcohol based chem set phero will stay in little bubbles, not mixing with the massage oil ?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-01-2002, 01:07 AM
Massage oil test :

I assume 1 drop (d) is about 0.025ml . Phero drops comes from the chem set. I heaated this mix to about 60C, shake it well and then ...we will see how it goes. For the now the oil is not clear, I just hope it wont separate because of the alcohol based pheros...

60ml jojoba oil
10 d sandalwood
7 d mandarine red
3 d benzoin

12 d nol
6 d none
4 d rone

The phero concentration is about .01mg/ml (to give a comparaison : 5 times less than APC). Of course it is a massage oil...how much oil can you use to give a massage... A LOT !

I assume we (my gf and I) will have enough for the two of us for one time or two at best so it means we will be FULL of phero by the end of the massage. It will probably leads us to OD but if my phero ratio are correct, it will result in great sex for the whole fukking day... and night... with a \'\'s\'\' ...

Now about the smell, it is mild but I just hope it won`t be too much when our whole bodies will be anointed. It is mandarine up front but slowly becomes a deep, smooth musky smell.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-01-2002, 11:50 AM
I tested the first mix, just a quick test. Yesterday I had some of it on my arms and to my surprise, my girlfriend really liked the smell (she usually hate perfume so I was affraid of her reaction). So my theory that she hate *artificial* perfume was right. When I told her that I just made a batch of pure natural EO&Jojoba *massage* oil, she was very pleased and asked for a little \'\'test run\'\' even if I told her it was not ready (it would be better to wait at least 2-3 days for the mix to blend). The Jojoba carrier oil is really great for massage and the aroma was well dosed. But I fond out that it would be more fun to have a male and a female version...

Now I readjusted this mix in two separate bottle. One male and one female version.

More sandalwood and `none in the male version.

More benzoin, mandarine, `nol and `rone in the female version.

If you want to try it, here`s the final recipe. To make things clear, the male version must be used on the male body and the female version on the female body. As in guys put the female oil in their hands and massage their girlfriend with it. Both blend are deeply relaxing. The female version being slightly more energetic (more mandarine) and up front it\'s my favorite it smells like a deluxe mandarine flavored baby powder. After some time, the male version becomes really amazing and IMO, is truely a luxurious oil when the sandalwood leaves an enticing trail on the skin.

Alchemist`s massage oil for male
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

45ml Jojoba
9 d sandalwood
4 d mandarine
2 d benzoin
10 d \'none
6 d \'nol
2 d \'rone

Alchemist`s massage oil for female
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

45ml Jojoba
5 d sandalwood
6 d mandarine
4 d benzoin
3 d \'none
9 d \'nol
6 d \'rone

What do you think about it ?

It should be fully tested on sunday evening...

**DONOTDELETE**
11-01-2002, 02:44 PM
Note that with a EO concentration of less than 1%, it is far from being a perfume but you could add the same amount to only 5ml of jojoba (or alcohol) and it would make a nice cologne.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-04-2002, 07:04 PM
I did try the male massage oil.

Well, she did start a massage but never did more than 10% of it. After rubbing only my chest and one arm, she went straight between my leg and started some more interesting activities, telling me how good this thing smells on me.

It was actually smelling VERY good and providing a \"I\'m the wise, loving and quiet king of the world\" effect. I\'m not counting it as a hit because any woman who\'s offering a naked massage will usually be in a good mood for sex anyway but all I can say is it was passionate.

Next time I\'ll make a unisex mix because anyway, we always end up spreading the smell to each other...;-)

a.k.a.
11-04-2002, 07:39 PM
Sounds like a great mix. I\'ll have to try it.(Maybe with my own phero ratios.)

**DONOTDELETE**
11-04-2002, 09:35 PM
Alchemist-

<<regarding>>

Alchemist`s massage oil for female
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

45ml Jojoba
5 d sandalwood
6 d mandarine
4 d benzoin
3 d \'none
9 d \'nol
6 d \'rone

should I mix this batch to give a female a massage? Or will it just enhance my attraction without giving her that \"special\" feeling? Basically which blend do I use on her, which blend does she use on me? Sorry for the confusion, I just don\'t want to screw it up and have her rub the wrong mix on me only to run from the room in disgust. - I have another date tomorrow (this is getting rediculous)

**DONOTDELETE**
11-06-2002, 06:04 PM
Ok, I did try to rub the female version on her and the result where less interesting. She was talking non stop instead of fully relaxing.We did have sex but she was too submissive to my liking.

I then added 3 drops of \'none to it and we will see later, it should be better with more none.

I finally think it would be better to have one unisex phero mix for massage oil. Usually the guy already want to make her crazy so maybe it\'s better to use my male phero mix version (and it doesn\'t mater if it ends up on the guy or on the girl).

When you reach the point where you\'r massaging each other, it\'s pretty clear it will end up with sex so we should not be affraid to use lot\'s of \'none. Anyway, both partners usually ends up smelling the same thing !

If you want this massage to ends up in passionate sex, use the male version\'s phero content.

CptKipling
11-06-2002, 06:06 PM
Good work Alchemist.

krtel
11-29-2002, 08:33 AM
Are you using the 10 mg bottles or the 3 mg ones?

- Krish

**DONOTDELETE**
11-29-2002, 09:01 AM
I\'m using the small chem set bottles (but the concentration is the same, it\'s the same product in smaller bottles). I will run out of \'nol first, then I\'ll have to buy some more and it will be a 10ml bottle. but then again, it\'s the same product.