PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol Spread

**DONOTDELETE**
10-23-2002, 09:34 AM
How\'s everyone? Finding some interesting results -obviously determined by physical and psychological attitude of user at a given moment. I have read some posts about diluting pheros in alcohol so as to better spread them on the skin. Does alcohol have any effect on the pheros? Any unwanted chimical reaction? What r ur experiences?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-23-2002, 09:49 AM
Alcohol does not effect pheromones. Ethanol, available from liquor stores in the US at least, is what has been recommended. As far as I have read on this forum, there have been no unwanted chemical reactions. You might want to try a search and see what you come up with. I believe this has been discussed pretty extensively. Some kind soul will no doubt set me straight if I\'ve said wrong. (please)

Whitehall
10-23-2002, 10:01 AM
Alcohol does affect the skin, however. There are subtle differences between applying a high concentration of pheromones to a small area of the skin and applying the same quantity of pheromones in a more dilute form over a larger surface area of skin.

For example, NPA seems to work differently when applied directly compared to when used as recommended dilute in cologne where it works more like TE.

In theory, the differences could be accounted for based on absorption/adsorption limitations of the skin, alcohol disinfection of converting skin bacteria, and maybe number of active bacteria working on a certain quantity of pheromones.

Bottom line - use as directed.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-23-2002, 12:42 PM
I think most smell coming out of phero comes from the action of bacteria on the skin. If you apply an alcohol based product, it may just take some time before the ethanol evaporate and some new bacteria comes there to do their job.

I\'m one of those who said it\'s good to spread it on a wide area. The reason is to make it more natural. My personal goal is to just slightly change my pheromone signature, amplify it and make it natural and believable. I don\'t want people to say \"this guy have an amazing cologne\", I want them to just like being around *me*, not the cologne...

CptKipling
10-23-2002, 05:41 PM
Yes exactly, you want to acheive a bolstered sig., but still in a natural way.