PDA

View Full Version : Acne !

RyanG
10-22-2002, 08:20 PM
I hate acne. I\'ve tried a few products, i suppose they all have some benefit. What works for you?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-22-2002, 08:56 PM
Go to a dermatologist, don\'t mess around. If he thinks it\'s warranted, you can try a prescription drug called Accutane. That works.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-23-2002, 08:47 AM
i was on that for some time it did work for the most part but in severe severe cases it doesnt totally eliminate all of youre acne you gotta adjust youre diet to really counter major break outs.Ive been off it for 2 months now i dont break out as easy but if i start eating chocolate or oily foods i will start to show signs of a break out

**DONOTDELETE**
10-23-2002, 09:19 AM
Sometimes you have to do two cycles of Accutane.
Sometimes they also can give you long-term low-dose antibiotics.
Do an elimination diet - eliminate anything you suspect causes you to break out and then introduce those items back one by one and see. To my great surprise, cheese and nuts break me out, without fail. Chocolate has no effect. Fried foods have no effect. But cheese, especially, will break me out within 24 hours after eating it, so I just don\'t anymore. Coincidentally, I\'m allergic to mold, so any fermented anything will give me a histamine reaction (yes, that includes alcohol, what a bummer).
Also iodine, oddly enough (I changed to salt that does not contain it)
and shellfish
Those things give me acne without fail.

If you\'ve ever been tested for allergies, that can begin to give you a clue toward what to avoid in your diet.
But acne\'s mostly about hormones and genetic predisposition.
See a dermatologist so you can get on some regimine now and prevent scarring.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-24-2002, 07:22 PM
Try make (carot + cabbage) juice once a day. you would see your acne going away in no time

**DONOTDELETE**
11-23-2002, 03:36 PM
Retin-A worked really well for me when I was having a zit problem. It\'s prescription, and it dries the hell out of your skin, but it works. I recently started getting pimples on the back of my shoulders - I think it\'s the change in weather that\'s causing it. Hopefully it will pass when I get back to the tropics.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-25-2002, 09:53 PM
I hope you aren\'t planning on getting pregnant while taking Accutane. It will cause severe birth defects. In fact, I don\'t recommend that you even take Accutane if in the child-bearing age.